[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
innocent people always get into this. i have received over 100 calls from these fraudsters. a few times i have played along and later told i am not going to tell any thing. they get real mad at me then. :D

$hadow

Geek in making
Really it's not working for me I've SBI Gold International DC. How do you get this thing working please share

I just simply entered it as a additional card and they deduct the authentication charges and than I purchased nova prime with it.

PRKstg

Right off the assembly line
Buddy, let's take an example. Say PayTM. To recharge for 10 bucks, it takes up to 100s or more.

For what? 10 bucks? I have used PayTM hundreds of times, same account, same name, same IP address, same MAC ID, same IMEI. It is me, it's not a fraud.

In US, it takes 2s. There is No 2 step verification, nothing, when you click buy, it immediately buys. With my consent.

Nobody will be scammed, unless you throw your details away.

If you give your house keys to a stranger and expect your house not to be robbed, it's foolish.

Reversing of transactions is possible, for that you will have to call your bank.

themirror

Broken In
Guys, my ICICI pockets debit card works on international PGs.
Call customer care for activating international transactions on the card.
The card fee is low at 150 per year.

Last edited:

honestmuggle

It worked everywhere I tried. Google play, paypal, stripe, itunes are a few I'm using right now.

Are you talking about pockets virtual visa card which is provided inside of wallet or physical card of icici pockets ?
I am trying to use my icici pockets vcc but it is asking me to register for "verified by visa" when doing transaction through it.
when i fill the details for verified by visa registration is says "unable to authenticate please try after some time".

Since you are already using this i am requesting you to help me in this regard.

Thank You

Guys, my canara bank card is networking anymore and I was thinking about switching to Axis Bank. Which account should i apply for to get international transaction facility? I mean the debit card should work in Humble bundle, steam, iTunes,origin, etc.

nishant3009

I wanted to know which india bank DEBIT CARD (any : mastercard or maestro or Visa) OR CREDIT CARD can be use to purchase ON APPLE ITUNES STORE (india) or (Any other country Store)

fisrt of all,i registered here to reply to your comment.regarding itunes problem, please open axis bank account with MASTERCARD DEBIT CARD.mastercard will work BUT- use the very same address(its case sensitive so that also counts) as you provided the bank.its better if you have internet banking available.you can copy the address from your account details AND PASTE IT IN THE FIRST COLOUMN OF YOUR ITUNES DETAILS.thats the only way mastercard debit card will work on itunes/playstation.also they will charge you 60/- periodically but will be refunded after some time.OR GET A CREDIT CARD.

nishant3009

was it your first purchase from that card on amazon.com??if yes then this is usual.
the first time i used my axis mastercard DEBIT CARD(its the only DC that works like CC for international sites), i bought a song(12/-) and was charged 72/- ( 1 dollar was charged to check the details.apple said it should be refunded in 3-5 days.they also said it wont appear on my credit card bill(but i used a debit card)).IT WAS REFUNDED AFTER 47 DAYS.YES 47. so please be patient.your amount may take even upto 2 months to reappear.

themirror

Broken In
Are you talking about pockets virtual visa card which is provided inside of wallet or physical card of icici pockets ?
I am trying to use my icici pockets vcc but it is asking me to register for "verified by visa" when doing transaction through it.
when i fill the details for verified by visa registration is says "unable to authenticate please try after some time".

Since you are already using this i am requesting you to help me in this regard.

Thank You

No, virtual cards never work on international PGs.
You need to apply for a pockets savings account from pockets app and visit the branch where you applied for.
Once the account is activated, you'll get a debit card and cheque book. Then call the customer care and ask them to activate the card for international transactions. Mine took a couple of hours after the request and it works fine now.

warrior123

Broken In
Can somebody tell which bank's debit card works on international sites like google play? Please suggest an account which has a minimum balance requirement of either of 500 or 1000 rupees?

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Can somebody tell which bank's debit card works on international sites like google play? Please suggest an account which has a minimum balance requirement of either of 500 or 1000 rupees?

Axis Bank, ICICI,Standard Chartered Bank

You can open zero balance savings account on above banks, minimum balance requirement accounts have premium features (as per bank) and you can't open a MBR account with ₹1000 you need atleast ₹10000 (if you live in a city other areas ₹5000) to open a MBR in private bank

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
BUMP.
HDFC Debit Cards now work for international transactions. I completed transactions in Paypal and steam.

My brother and I have the same type of savings account in canara bank. We both have our respective debit cards. But, his works everywhere in online stores like steam, Humble bundle, etc, but mine does not. Any ideas ?

amjath

Human Spambot
My brother and I have the same type of savings account in canara bank. We both have our respective debit cards. But, his works everywhere in online stores like steam, Humble bundle, etc, but mine does not. Any ideas ?

Go to netbanking and see yours is activated for international transaction and also check his.

shehjadi

Broken In
Guys, my ICICI pockets debit card works on international PGs.
Call customer care for activating international transactions on the card.
The card fee is low at 150 per year.

This is not working now. One has to get the upgraded Expressions Debit Card for international transactions.

Top Bottom