Motherboard start & stop

surya_sapui

In the zone
Guys, From today morning when i finish cleaning processor fan then start my pc then mobo start then stop again start & stop continue looping.
I disconnect all thing & replace psu & cpu then no solution.Already clear cmos settings & remove battery also but no improvement.
Kindly suggest what should i do now?

mobo : Gigabyte ep45-ud3p.
Ram: corsair 2x2gb ddr2
Psu :650 watt cooler master.
Procy: core 2 duo 3ghz

Sent from my HTC Desire 828 dual sim using Tapatalk

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
while remounting the processor did you put any thermal interface material on the top of processor ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
make sure no pin of cpu socket is damaged. Looks like more of a ram detection issue. Try using one stick of ram.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Yes,with thermal also without thermal I tested but result same.
Come what may you have tried, I hope now you have thermal paste between CPU and cooler.

Run the system outside of cabinet without any RAM (also no drives hooked) and see if starts and stops or is stably powered on. If it powers on (If mobo speaker is connected, and PC runs you should hear a few beeps indicating missing RAM), insert RAM and check, if it powers on re-seat the system back in cabinet and try again

CPUs rarely go bad but they do sometimes. My Socket 754 board was displaying similar behavior and in my case it was actually bad AMD Sempron CPU.

If you don't have a spare PSU to try, check if PSU in principle powers on with a paperclip test

What method/tools did you use to clean the system? You might have left something on the board or loosened something in the process. Re-plug the CPU EPS Aux Power Plug.

Take the system to nearby repair shop. They are likely to have spare hardware to isolate the issue. Then you can best decide if it was a trivial issue or some bad component needs a replacement.

OP
S

surya_sapui

In the zone
Already tried to change psu ,CPU but no result.I already tried to pull out board from cabinet but result same.I clean the mobo with just a brush.

I sent the board to repair shop but they unable to repair.

Now a days this kind of board completely unavailable atleast a board with 4 ram slot.

Sent from my HTC Desire 828 dual sim using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom