Media Player Classic shutting down

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
This used to be my interim option when I stopped using VLC and then finally switched to SM Player (high CPU usage was the reason, else it was perfect :( ).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
High quality 10bit x265 anime files are cpu intensive.Recent 1080p 10bit x265 anime files in my collection have avg bitrate of around ~11-12mbps(avg size ~2gb per episode) & opening & ending sequences with lots of animation & various subtitle effects push my pentium G620 to 100% usage at few moments.

sohan_92

In the zone
The base MPC HC with CCCP for 10bit anime.
High quality 10bit x265 anime files are cpu intensive.Recent 1080p 10bit x265 anime files in my collection have avg bitrate of around ~11-12mbps(avg size ~2gb per episode) & opening & ending sequences with lots of animation & various subtitle effects push my pentium G620 to 100% usage at few moments.

No wonder why the high CPU utilisation. I really hope we will get H/W acceleration support for 10 bit videos.

@SaiyanGoku how come smplayer is handling those 10 bit videos? Can you share its advantages over MPC HC?

I am using MPC HC + madvr btw.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
No wonder why the high CPU utilisation. I really hope we will get H/W acceleration support for 10 bit videos.

@SaiyanGoku how come smplayer is handling those 10 bit videos? Can you share its advantages over MPC HC?
I don't know how it is able to :lol:
I like to customize the shortcuts, it has ok equalizer and good skins.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
madvr requires graphics card power for rendering,completely different from processing power required to decode video stream.Only after video decoding is done smoothly,then rendering comes into the picture.If everything is ideal(which usually isn't) there should not be any cpu usage difference between different players using same video decoder(e.g.lav decoder or ffmpeg) for decoding a video.

thatsashok

peace panda
Yes. GPU and CUDA mostly. I don't think many people in this thread use the proper source files to even notice the difference made by madvr+filters.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Biggest factor is screen quality,I can notice difference between various madvr quality settings on some 480p videos only on a 32" good quality manually calibrated(using patterns) LED TV but hard to notice it on a laptop's 15" TN panel screen.

sohan_92

In the zone
Yes. GPU and CUDA mostly. I don't think many people in this thread use the proper source files to even notice the difference made by madvr+filters.
What type of proper source files are we talking here?

People like me are still using madvr on old Intel graphics with DXVA2 settings. And I see drastic difference between madvr and custom EVR settings. Both in quality and performance wise.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
What type of proper source files are we talking here?

People like me are still using madvr on old Intel graphics with DXVA2 settings. And I see drastic difference between madvr and custom EVR settings. Both in quality and performance wise.
You must have Sharingan eyes :D I find it hard to notice difference on a 15" laptop screen with nvidia 930m graphics & some difference on 32" LED TV with AMD 7770 with 480p/540p medium quality videos.With high quality files of 720p & 1080p resolution(h264/265 avg bitrate 3-12mbps) the difference is even smaller.

sohan_92

In the zone
You must have Sharingan eyes :D I find it hard to notice difference on a 15" laptop screen with nvidia 930m graphics & some difference on 32" LED TV with AMD 7770 with 480p/540p medium quality videos.With high quality files of 720p & 1080p resolution(h264/265 avg bitrate 3-12mbps) the difference is even smaller.
Whether the difference is smaller or higher, still drastic for me.:))

Top Bottom