Media Player Classic shutting down

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
v1.7.13 is released and farewell · MPC-HC

v1.7.13, the latest, and probably the last release of our project…

For quite a few months now, or even years, the number of active developers has been decreasing and has inevitably reached zero. This, unfortunately, means that the project is officially dead and this release would be the last one.

…Unless some people step up that is.

So, if someone’s willing to really contribute and has C/C++ experience, let me know on IRC or via e-mail.

Otherwise, all things come to an end and life goes on. It’s been a nice journey and I’m personally pretty overwhelmed having to write this post.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed in any way all these years; Remember, MPC-HC is an 11-year old project.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
MPC-BE
I never like mpc-hc UI & because of that I initially started trying mpc-BE.Later I came to know that mpc-be is a fork from the original mpc-hc project where russian developers of the team have some conflict with other members & they decided to separate & start working on their own version of mpc.This mpc-be is still developed actively.

@Flash what killed mpc is lack of developers,VLC has nothing to do with it.In any case no person preferring video picture quality will use VLC anyway.That has been the case for many years now.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Is it the same one bundled in K-Lite Code packs right ?

I never liked VLC.
It just breaks the sound of speakers at 200% (which is not required)

ankushv

Journeyman
Guys kindly suggest an equivalent alternative here as many of us use this player .
I personally am not fond of VLC in windows .

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Personally I prefer to use mpv with SMPlayer as a frontend. But its a good minimalist player on it's own. Very configurable.

MPV homepage: mpv.io
SMPlayer homepage: SMPlayer - Free media player for your PC

If you download SMPlayer, it also bundles mpv.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I never used any other media player than VLC.

The 200% volume issue doesn't affect me since I don't watch on laptop. But does VLC degrades video playback that much as it's been claimed here?

Is MPC Classic (was) that good!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Vyom Not MPC-Classic but MPC-HC(based on MPC-Classic).Just try MPC-HC(latest stable version) or MPC-BE(see above) or Daum Pot Player & see for yourself(for best results though install madvr which is supported by all these 3 players,with your R480 madvr should be able to handle high quality settings for videos till 1080p smoothly).

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I never used any other media player than VLC.

The 200% volume issue doesn't affect me since I don't watch on laptop. But does VLC degrades video playback that much as it's been claimed here?

Is MPC Classic (was) that good!
Affects external speakers also.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
MPC-BE is a different version of MPC-HC being actively developed by russian developers of the original MPC-HC team after they left the MPC-HC project due to some issues.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
This is a really saddening news damn it! Why great thing die like this! It was one of them things where you didn't even need to think which player to install after a fresh Windows installation!

Thanks whitestar for the recommendation of the MPC-BE.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
This is a really saddening news damn it! Why great thing die like this! It was one of them things where you didn't even need to think which player to install after a fresh Windows installation!

Thanks whitestar for the recommendation of the MPC-BE.
Because there are no active developers left.

Top Bottom