Make DVD iso from CD isos of Fedora Core 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefly2k3

Right off the assembly line
nice tutorial... on my way to create the DVD ISO...
cant dl the md5 implant utility posted in #47...
says i have insufficient permissions to dl it!
ne ideas?

Last edited:

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I was looking for Suse DVD from CD ISOs but the above tut was not working . So I searched over the net and found this great link for Suse lovers.

*en.opensuse.org/Making_a_DVD_from_CDs

Enjoy.

blackleopard92

In the zone
i tried to make FC 6 DVD, but it didn't work.

the computer booted to the cd, and asked whether for graphical or comand line.

then it started loading, but then garbled letters came instead of english language.
then the installer hung itself.

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
You will have to double check ur steps. Most prob either the DVD burn was currupt or u mispalced/overwrote some files.

you can try to boot using a pen drive and installing with the dvd image on the hdd(needs to be on a fat32 partition)

arunks

Hey here is the aks
~Phenom~ said:
I was looking for Suse DVD from CD ISOs but the above tut was not working . So I searched over the net and found this great link for Suse lovers.

*en.opensuse.org/Making_a_DVD_from_CDs

Enjoy.

this is written there

Warning This will not work with SUSE Linux 10.1 final and newer because it lacks signing the installation sources.

i have 10.2 version so tell me how to do this

also plz tell me the procedure to convert cds to dvd image in windows rather than in linux

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
@aj27july

It worked with me and many others,
you must have missed some step .. try each step again it will work
all the best .. still not able to do
post whats your then only we can help you
just posting that didn't worked .. its not write man

Regards

aj27july

Journeyman
Rollercoaster said:
what exactly is the problem...
I followed the same procedure as you gave in the tutorial for fedora 6 isos. but the dvd didn't even boot up (i have set my first boot device to cd\dvd rom). i used magic iso and the same software as you told.

can you please explain it.

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

did u start with the first CD while copying files in magic iso?
and do any other bootable disks give any problem with ur system?

aj27july

Journeyman
Rollercoaster said:
did u start with the first CD while copying files in magic iso?
and do any other bootable disks give any problem with ur system?

Ya. i started with the first CD. And followed the procedure that you have told here. But it didn't even boot up.

I do not get any problem with other bootable cds/dvds. I have some other linux distro bootable cds\dvds, but they work fine. Also, my Win98 & Win XP bootable cds work fine.

I request you to buy a cheap DVD and try this method on fedora 6 (so that a large sum of money isn't wasted).
I tried this one on SONY ACCUCORE DVD. Nero Recorded as well as verified the dvd correctly.

But i don't understand why this dvd isn't bootable.

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

u could always us a RW.
please check the disk info in nero or similar software to see if the image u created not missing the boot image

btw i myself have not tried this method on FC6 but have been assured by several other people that it works.

aj27july

Journeyman
i did nothin to he boot image. i just followed the same procedure as given in your tutorial. but i did not even boot up. i request you to try.

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

i am pretty sure there is some boot image problem. please check the image by mounting in a virtual drive and then view the disk info in nero

as soon as i get the downloads i will. may be some other guys u have tried this procedure and provide more feedback.

kianajsmith

Right off the assembly line
It works for me perfectly, nice tutorial..thanks dude..

@aj27july it's all about boot problem, i agree with Rollercoaster

Try these steps:
- Open Magic ISO Maker (i have v5.4 b0248 )
- From the File menu, open FC-x-i386-disc1.iso (just make sure u not lose boot image, i think its the point 8))
- Extract .discinfo from MagicISO to any folder (eg.) Desktop, and edit it as mentioned on post #1. Then drag back to MagicISO and overwrite it.
- Mount disc 2,3,4,5 (use MagicDisc, its free). Add all files on Fedora\RPMS\* on each disc u mounted, drag all of them to Fedora\RPMS\ on MagicISO. (just overwrite file TRANS.TBL for the moment)
- now if u wish, create new file TRANS.TBL from all TRANS.TBL on each disc (merge them), use text editor e.g. editplus will be good, it can do sort easily. Drag your new TRANS.TBL to MagicISO and overwrite.
- On the MagicISO, click Save As to save compilation to hardisk e.g FCx-DVD.iso
- get implantisomd5.exe and type "implantisomd5 --force FCx-DVD.iso"
- next, burn the FCx-DVD.iso with ur favorite burner software (nero, magic cd-dvd burner, etc)

enjoy...it's pretty easy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom