Make DVD iso from CD isos of Fedora Core 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
@Roller Coaster.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I am busy in the admissions for 1st year engineering. Thank you very much. I will try this once I finish with the admissions.

Aditya

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Hi,

I would like to know how to break an iso image, may be worth some GBs to smaller cds so that they can work as a unit?? I mean, you must have seen some games in DVDs. How can we split them into cds so ppl not blessed with DVD drives(unfortunate few) are able to play 'em???

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
@kaustav_geek

well that's easy to do , use Alcohol 120% to make an image of a dvd , u will get an option to split the image into different sizes , that's it just use it n you have got an image broken .

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
well that is the only workaround...
but there is not straight was to break up DVD image into CD images that work like.....'plug n play'

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Well , it means you are saying that we can split a game installer spanning GBs into smaller cds using just Alchohol 120% ????

I don't just need to split a DVD image into smaller parts, cause that's not difficlut at all. I want to split an installation( a large continous installation) into smaller logical units(read CDs) so that the instaler detects the EOF and asks for the rest of the files on the subsequent discs.

Cool Surfer

Broken In
hi all, will virtual cd v 4 do the daemon tool job?
I am new to this stuff. I have this software which can create any no of virtual drives.

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

@gary
well i guess u just need to be sure of two things
1. it is a anaconda based installer
2. you copy all the rpm files

there are many kinds of (coustomised)releases. so i donno what u have and what applications your release has.
there are releases for testing, books, education n stuff. so contents must vary between them.

the best thing to do is install :)
if everything goes fine then enjoy! otherwise back to square 1

PS: x86 means all processors(x is the variable) from 186,286....586,686 family and further evolutions ;-)

Last edited:
OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

it seems to be the right size at ~3GB(the dvd iso already givin at the linku provided)
may be when we create dvd iso from cds then some file redundency in introduced...

you can load the iso from the location into a virtual drive or magiciso and check for the no of files. if they are same in ur compilation then it is right.
but i think the real way to check is to test it.

btw if u dont want to waste media u can use a usb drive or cd1 too boot using 'ask method' and start the install from the dvd media on hdd.

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

resources for what exactly? there are tons of stuff out there from visual treats to underground hack-o-matic :)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
^^^
then just e-mail me some or pm me
some goodies of ur choice like themes,wallies,apps,tuts & any stuff which will help me in running fc5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom