Low audio

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

If I insert my headphones in the monitor socket, the audio works fine as it should while watching a movie or listening to songs. If I insert it in the CPU the sound is way too low. What should I do? Motherboard- Asus Prime B350 Plus, Monitor- LG 22MP68VQ. Is it fine to use the headphones from the monitor? The sound of each thing is at max level-
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Thanks

patkim

Cyborg Agent
How are you connecting it to your monitor? Thru HDMI Cable? Try using another headphone if available for comparison. Do you need to switch from HDMI to Speakers when you use the Line Out of your CPU cabinet-mobo?

Are you routing your audio to back panel or front audio ports on your PC?
Have you tried re-installing audio drivers?

Did the driver setup come with any additional utilities for Realtek that would enhance or control how the sound works. You can try checking therein if there are any additional settings affecting audio volume just in case.
The output of monitor might have been additionally amplified one from within the monitor circuitry.

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@patkim
How are you connecting it to your monitor? Thru HDMI Cable?
Nope, the monitor had a socket for the Headphone, not for the mic though.

Try using another headphone if available for comparison.

I actually thought my headphone is going kaput, so I was about to order a new one. Can I check it with mobile earphones?

Do you need to switch from HDMI to Speakers when you use the Line Out of your CPU cabinet-mobo?
I have no idea what that means.

Are you routing your audio to back panel or front audio ports on your PC?
Tried both but like I mentioned same result.

Have you tried re-installing audio drivers?
I don't think there's any need as sound in the game and in YT videos is just fine.

Did the driver setup come with any additional utilities for Realtek that would enhance or control how the sound works. You can try checking therein if there are any additional settings affecting audio volume just in case.
IDK, I installed all drivers from the cd, except Chrome and few other crap one's. In all settings output volume is at max.

The output of monitor might have been additionally amplified one from within the monitor circuitry.

Maybe, I am not sure about it.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Basically what I meant was how are you connecting your monitor to PC? Thru HDMI? Because that the interface which carries audio.
What is the default playback device selected in the audio properties? Is it Speakers or Digital HDMI?

You can try with any other headphone and plug it into Line-Out of your mobo and select Speakers as your default playback device. Bud earphones will also do.

When you say sound in the games & YT is fine what happens when you plug the same headphones into Line-Out of mobo when you are playing games? Is it proper?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@patkim

Basically what I meant was how are you connecting your monitor to PC? Thru HDMI? Because that the interface which carries audio.
Yes Sir, using hdmi.

What is the default playback device selected in the audio properties? Is it Speakers or Digital HDMI?
IDK, from where to check that?

You can try with any other headphone and plug it into Line-Out of your mobo and select Speakers as your default playback device. Bud earphones will also do.
I don't have other headphones, let me try with phone's earphones. When I connect the headphones to the cpu a window opens which tells me to select whether it s a speaker, headphone or auto. I have selected all options but same result *i.imgur.com/gGHkwID.jpg

When you say sound in the games & YT is fine what happens when you plug the same headphones into Line-Out of mobo when you are playing games? Is it proper?
Yes, it is proper. The sound in the games is so loud that I have to decrease the volume a little. I was checking a video on Metacafe, the volume was so low, then I connected the headphone to the monitor and everything was fine.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
It may sound a stupid question but by chance is there anything in your audio player app that is additionally controlling the volume? Which app you use to listen to audio wherein this low volume issue occurs with Line-Out?

There's one more thing I can just suggest. It appears that you are using Asus Realtek Utilities to manage the audio. These might be configured to auto start with Windows. Using a suitable app like CCleaner (Freeware) temporarily disable them in the start up and just try running your audio with Native Windows Audio properties. (Accessible from Volume Icon in the system tray) and see if there's any difference observed.

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
It may sound a stupid question but by chance is there anything in your audio player app that is additionally controlling the volume? Which app you use to listen to audio wherein this low volume issue occurs with Line-Out?

There's one more thing I can just suggest. It appears that you are using Asus Realtek Utilities to manage the audio. These might be configured to auto start with Windows. Using a suitable app like CCleaner (Freeware) temporarily disable them in the start up and just try running your audio with Native Windows Audio properties. (Accessible from Volume Icon in the system tray) and see if there's any difference observed.

Winamp for music and media player classic home cinema for movies. Which option in these apps can control the volume?

Yes using that one. Not able to find it in ccleaner though. Any other way to disable it? Will native windows audio properties auto work once realtek is disabled?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Basically the Asus Realtek app should internally be using Windows audio only. However just an option to check if disabling it changes anything.
Did you check Tools-->Startup option in CCleaner? You need to look for the correct entry and temporarily disable the same.

Alternatively if that does not work, anyways in Winamp try pushing the Pre-Amp bar to up a few Db (say +7 or +8 Db)and check if you get better audio volume. This is a separate bar usually next to equalizer bar.

*i.imgur.com/6DFiOSG.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom