Looking for a 14 - 18k android phone

Chetan1991

Youngling
Hey guys.
Looking to buy a phone within the next 2 weeks. Requirements changed so creating a new thread.

1. Budget?
18k and below

2. Display type and size?
5" - 6"

3. Dual sim?
Yes

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Coolpad's software experience wasn't very smooth, so don't want brands with crappy UIs, no support for google cardboard etc.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Any decent camera will do

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
4G duh.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
General use, VR, browsing, multimedia.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Refurbished Nexus 6, Moto G5+, Lenovo Z2+

10. Any other info that you want to share:

• 400+ ppi density. Min. 1080p.
  • The phone should either have 64 GB storage or support SD card (not at expense of a SIM.)
  • SPEED. UI must be fluid. Don't want a phone which slows down after a year of use.
  • Le Max 2 has everything I'm looking for, but it doesn't has a 3.5" jack. WTF LeEco!
  • G5+ has a relatively weaker proc. and GPU and I don't know if it will be able to handle VR at high FPS.
  • I can only buy Nexus 6 if it's refurbished.
  • Z2+ hmmmm...

Which one should I choose? Share your wisdom.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Buy Blackberry DTEH 50 which is the cheapest secure smartphone.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

:crazy: ?? I never mentioned security as a priority. I think you're thinking of some other thread.

I want fluid UI and VR experience with 400+ppi and adequate storage and battery life.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION], which one would you recommend?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
:crazy: ?? I never mentioned security as a priority. I think you're thinking of some other thread.

I want fluid UI and VR experience with 400+ppi and adequate storage and battery life.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION], which one would you recommend?
Moto G5+ or Lenovo Z2+ which ever is good in reviews and with better hardware at cheaper cost.

OP needs to check himself before hopping onto any of the above

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey @SaiyanGoku, which one would you recommend?

It is hard to recommend a phone as per your requirements in your budget.

LG G3, G4 have sudden death, bootloader issues, Nexus 6 suffers from poor battery life, G5+ has weak soc. Phones like Moto X Style and X Force are old enough to not get official updates and have weak GPU for VR despite having 1440p screens.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
So Amazon is taking too long to deliver the Lenovo Z2+ and there's ridiculous amounts of one star reviews on the site. I'm tempted to cancel the order. Any Z2+ user here who can share his experience?

Minion

Conversation Architect
Many z2 users from think digit forum whatapps group are satisfied with Lenovo z2 performance and build quality.Don't know the reasons of 1 stars on amazon but in all international websites it is getting very good reviews.

- - - Updated - - -

Cancel it and instead get Moto G5+ @ 17K

You serious dude getting motog5+instead of lenovoz2 plus and that too for higher price.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Many z2 users from think digit forum whatapps group are satisfied with Lenovo z2 performance and build quality.Don't know the reasons of 1 stars on amazon but in all international websites it is getting very good reviews.
- - - Updated - - -
You serious dude getting motog5+instead of lenovoz2 plus and that too for higher price.

In-spite of getting good reviews in several international sites for Z2+,I still suggest Moto G5+ because it comes bundled with Nougat 7.0 and it has facility for another Android update which comes next year of-course and that is Android 8.0
Updates are faster in Moto than Lenovo.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
In-spite of getting good reviews in several international sites for Z2+,I still suggest Moto G5+ because it comes bundled with Nougat 7.0 and it has facility for another Android update which comes next year of-course and that is Android 8.0
OP needs phone for VR. G5+ has weak GPU for that.

Sent from my OnePlus 3 using Tapatalk

Minion

Conversation Architect

Well leneovo z2 plus is supported by both mokee and lineage OS so he don't need to worry about updates he will get each and every update if he decides to flash any one of these custom ROMs.

kunnusingh

Journeyman
Any Samsung Pro version will be suitable for you. Easy to use and battery backup is very good. Monster battery and good camera, etc.

Top Bottom