CAMERA 1.0 M HD
GRAPHIC CARD nVidia DDR5
HARD DRIVE 1 TB, 5400 rpm
MEMORY ( RAM ) 8 GB
OPERATING SYSTEM Windows 8.1
OPTICAL DISC DRIVE -
PROCESSOR 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 4710 HQ
PORTS AND SLOTS No
PRODUCT PACKAGE 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 4710 HQ, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 15.6 FHD TN(SLIM), nVidia DDR5 Graphics, Win8.1
SCREEN SIZE 15.6 FHD TN(SLIM)
TOUCH FUNCTION No
COLOR Black

rupeshwar

Broken In
In the first image the graphic card is written to be n15p-gx which is code name for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M (Maxwell).

vineetpratik

Broken In
yes there seems error regarding that , can someone confirm the GPU model by some lenovo rep , as well as detailed specs.
has someone already ordered it ? Upto what time should we expect it to land on other retail websites and also retail shops.
Long wait seems to be over :)

OP
S

shashibhushankunda

Broken In
Should I order now or wait for more online retailers to sell it? I am expecting 3,000-5,000 price drop on other online stores. I have 82,000 on my debit card right now .What are your opinions guys?

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Should I order now or wait for more online retailers to sell it? I am expecting 3,000-5,000 price drop on other online stores. I have 82,000 on my debit card right now .What are your opinions guys?

wait!
I'd highly recommend to wait for reviews...and hopefully the prices should fall..

in the mean time:-D:
*www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/182325-lenovo-y50-thread-post2142083.html#post2142083

OP
S

shashibhushankunda

Broken In
"in the mean time: *www.digit.in/forum/laptops-ne...ml#post2142083"

SLI has problems in many games it seems. I dont want future problems. I will stick to single graphic card.

Anyways I just now called the dostore . It is a 2gb 860m graphic card. They dont know about 4 gb 860m graphic card.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

SLI has problems in many games it seems. I dont want future problems. I will stick to single graphic card.

Anyways I just now called the dostore . It is a 2gb 860m graphic card. They dont know about 4 gb 860m graphic card.

SLI has problems with less than 1% of all games. Wolfenstein New Order and Company of Heroes 2 are the only ones in 2013-2014 that I can think of.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006

granted SLI had* problems in games..but with advancing driver releases they hardly matter unless you want to play a game which is >1 yr old and is not actively patched.

ofc single gpu wins..but it's hardly a matter of time:cool:

ask lenovo if it's a kepler or maxwell (the gfx* card) :)

paw1

Broken In
I'm glad i waited for this. Need some clarity on the specs though. I also don't understand how it is priced below the y510p

paw1

Broken In
to which version are you referring?
i5/i7 ?

the free warranty extension upto 3yrs is available via doStore/FK + laptop bag as a freebie
i7. Anyways it is out of stock now. Not that I'm considering it. I was mainly surprised to see y50 get launched at a price point lower that y510 was launched at.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
i7. Anyways it is out of stock now. Not that I'm considering it. I was mainly surprised to see y50 get launched at a price point lower that y510 was launched at.

btw it's available on FK from wsRetail for 2.5k less

hmm...oh yes..
just some food for thought..even in the US y510p isn't selling for that low..erm..which we would expect..that too even after y50's launched already...

they had to cut down the BOM even after they have included the 4710HQ/nvidia's 860m maxwell variant and still* make a good amt. of profit..so..just look around what else remains in a laptop:-D (granted 8xx series's fabrication is cheaper vs what prev. gen had)

Top Bottom