Laptop for designing work - Photoshop and 3D - Budget 80k INR

mohit8k

Broken In
1) What is your budget?
80,000/- INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
I need big screen for designing work - so I'd prefer to have a laptop of screen size 15" - 17"

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Mostly designing work using the softwares such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Aftereffects and 3D softwares such as 3DS Max and Maya.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Looking for something that can have i7 processor and a great graphics card.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
None in particular

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Need a Full-HD laptop. The display should be top-notch. I'll buy either from my local market Chandigarh India or will go with Flipkart.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Laptops in India don't have a good screen and config even for your budget.
Are you open to importing a laptop through a friend?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Not possible for me at the moment. So I'd have to go whatever best is available in India
Can you consider a desktop then? For your work, laptops have horrible screen here. The laptops launched in USA have IPS panels while the same laptop with 50% higher price will have TN Panel here.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are a professional & will be doing professional image/video editing then skip buying laptop from India otherwise it wouldn't be fair to your clients or your job(how can a job be correct if the colours shown on inferior TN panel are different from real life colours in printing).

OP
mohit8k

mohit8k

Broken In
If you are a professional & will be doing professional image/video editing then skip buying laptop from India otherwise it wouldn't be fair to your clients or your job(how can a job be correct if the colours shown on inferior TN panel are different from real life colours in printing).
If that's the case then I guess I should get one shipped from Amazon.com. I am just skeptical that I'd get one with the laptop charger having Type B socket whereas in India Type D is used. Please suggest something at least

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If that's the case then I guess I should get one shipped from Amazon.com. I am just skeptical that I'd get one with the laptop charger having Type B socket whereas in India Type D is used. Please suggest something at least

Then again why aren't you considering a desktop?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think these type B/type D adapters would be hard to find.
Ceptics Grounded Universal Plug Adapter for India (Type D) - 3 Pack - Buy Ceptics Grounded Universal Plug Adapter for India (Type D) - 3 Pack Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in
Even though above is currently unavailable,just see similar products on the above link.

Top Bottom