Laptop CPU/GPU temps normal?

Shloeb

In the zone
Hello,

I have an ASUS G551JK laptop. It seems to be fairly dust free as it's fan was changed about 3 months back. However, these are the temps under load. Played Batman Arkham Knight for about 30 minutes.

CPU (load/idle) - 97 °C/50 °C
GPU (load/idle) - 89 °C/48 °C

I think it's not normal. I have currently ordered a cooling pad to replace my Rs.250/- cooling pad from the market. Let's see if it makes a difference.

Havit HV-F2056 Ultra-Slim Laptop Cooler
Havit HV-F2056 Ultra-Slim Laptop Cooler for up to 17-inch Laptops (Black) - Buy Havit HV-F2056 Ultra-Slim Laptop Cooler for up to 17-inch Laptops (Black) Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

Also, I don't have an AC in my room but it's not extremely hot right now in Delhi. What do you guys think? Are these temps normal? Would the cooling pad make a difference? Or if there are any tips.

Btw, I have looked at the sticky thread and as I said my laptop is fairly dust free.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The temps seem to be on the higher side. Although laptop can handle temps upto even 100c it isn't the best to keep them so high. What I would suggest is changing the TIM(Thermal paste) of your processor. More often than not a fresh coat helps temps a lot. Take it to a local shop you know(else the official service center will also do) to get it done if it's out of warranty(they can check dust too just in case).

Top Bottom