Joining videos without having to render.

azvnoit

Journeyman
I have some large video files(>=1GB) and I need to add a small intro video clip to each one of them.Both video have identical properties and file compression. Earlier I used to edit them using VideoPad editor but exporting the final video takes about an hour even if the compression type and video settings are same as orignal. And the resultant video is more than double the size of original video. I had tried Sony Vegas Pro and Windows Movie Maker both of which takes long time at the end to render video or to export video.

Is there any way I can join videos without having to render them or export them after joining, mainly to reduce rendering time?

Edit: My system config : core i7 4750, 32GB RAM, 1TB HDD 7200 rpm, 4GB 950M GPU.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Top 5 Free Apps to Split or Merge Video Files

For mp4 files I suggest trying mp4joiner & for avi & wmv files try Machete Video Editor Lite,for other formats try avidemux or Format Factory but note the warning regarding Format Factory in above article.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
USE Avidemux - Avidemux - Main Page

It can cut/join video file without rendering - used myself to do the same so I'm sure it works ...using the interface little bit tricky but you can get the tutorial from the Net or Youtube.

Worked well with .mp4 files

Top Bottom