ISO images having size > 700 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulo

Broken In
I downloaded certain ISO images of softwares from the net having sizes ranging from 730 MB to 800 MB. How r they supposed to be burnt on CDs? Are CDs of capacity higher than 700 MB available in the market. To what extent can I overburn 700 MB CDs?

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I wonder what details you want, i got them at the local stationary shop just ask for 800MB CD there are many brands that have cd media of this capacity cost Rs 28 with case.

iinfi

mekalodu
thanks .... i didnt know abt this !! 800MB .... gud .... is it the max. or do u get higher capacity CDs .:)) yeh dil maange more

murdoc1812

Right off the assembly line
Higher than 720MB CD-R will be difficult to write or read in some particular optical drives. Best thing is to have a small surgery on the ISO file using UltraISO which can be easily found on the net.

Once you open the *.iso file using UltraISO, look for anythin' which are not required for example DirectX9 or some installation engines etc... If the software ISO files has multiple *.cab or *.dat or *.pak files, you can devide the ISO file into 2 ISO Files and burn the 2 CD. Once you start the setup program , it will automatically ask for the required files on the 2nd CD or again you have to jump back to 1st CD. Use your sense and locate which is the file that must be placed on 2nd CD (For example setup.w00 is on 1st CD so wetup.w01 must be on 2nd CD)

Hope this will solve your prob.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom