Discussion: Is MDComputers.in (online) reliable? How's their service and shipping?

sygeek

Technomancer
I'm planning to buy FX 6300, Asus M5A97 Evo and HD 7870 from them, since it's not available with flipkart. I would've gone with flipkart because of their reliability and the 5% discount offer.

How has been your experience? How much time will the shipping take?

Also, I'm planning to buy the motherboard from Theitdepot instead, how's their service? And is it recommended to buy the monitor from flipkart?

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^^M.D. Computers & TheITdepot are as good and RELIABLE as Flipkart is.

Go ahead and make your purchases,without any worry. You just have to keep in mind the poor servicing aspect of all Courier companies in India.The transportation by which fu***ng courier company will be done/taken will be a matter of concern.

Another thing you may have feedback from our various members: Theitdepot is a costly affair when compared to other online shopping sites.Though in terms of RELIABILITY they are equivalent to Flipkart.It is a Chennai based company.
Whereas M.D. computers are located in Kolkata.
Keep these things in mind.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
MD Comp is VERY trusted.

I did shopping from MD 4-5times.. no hassles, and excellent support + good behaviour of the guys.

Ask for Palash when you call them. He is the guy who manages the gaming hardwares, and mention you are from TDF. ;)

Vedant is also trusted.

Best of luck!

OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer
MD Comp is VERY trusted.

I did shopping from MD 4-5times.. no hassles, and excellent support + good behaviour of the guys.

Ask for Palash when you call them. He is the guy who manages the gaming hardwares, and mention you are from TDF. ;)

Vedant is also trusted.

Best of luck!
Already called them, I don't know who the guy was but he definitely well behaved and sounded like someone I could trust.

Although I've ordered the cabinet from TheITWares.com since it was cheaper there, 3.2k instead of 3.8k at MDComputers.

flyingcow

Shibe
Yeah +1 from me too. Bought Deathadder 2013 edition, delivery was quick and got a free gift from them :)
MoH:Warfighter and Farcry 3

mprahladka

Right off the assembly line
High end gaming hardware availability in Kolkata is abysmal. MD Computers is best of the lot with respect to variety of options available but in general their prices are 5-10% higher than other vendors.

I recently tried to source two high end products from them. I was informed that the items are out of stock and they could only order it if i order it in advance and place some money in escrow ^^. Given the combined cost of the two items was 50k+ I can understand their point of view.

I did not like my experience with them. But it was better than my experience with all other vendors in the region viz Vedant et al.

hardsurfer

Right off the assembly line
Buyer beware

This hasn't been updated in 2 years apparently and people are sure to come across this thread before they buy or regretfully after. After reading this post I developed some confidence and registered with mdcomputers.in. I'm currently looking to assemble a skylake and even made a wish list over there. Their prices impressed me and geographically they're closer to the north east where I'm from. However I thought it wise to call them up before making any purchase because I wanted to ask if they (1) deliver to Guwahati, Assam and (2) if a cod could be arranged. The number listed at their site for contact is 8697733561. I called that number (from my registered number) and to my surprise they kept rejecting my calls. I didn't make anything of it first so I tried calling back again. After about 4 attempts I got a SMS from them - "can't talk now, call me later?" XD. Now I could easily shoot an email to them with the same query, sure, but given that, that's the only number for contact and if I have a problem with their items, I'd definitely want to talk over the phone with them to reach a faster resolution and blatant disregard of phone calls from customers doesn't look like a good sign to me. Let's be frank about something, it's not good practice to reject calls on a business line unless its a known trouble maker of sorts but this is the first time I tried calling them and the first impression didn't come off good for me. Although their listed prices appear to be more competitive than amazon and other sites, their customer care turned out to be very poor in my opinion and online shopping doesn't always turn out right for everyone, which is a fact. In such an event, it would be highly distressing for a customer to be neglected in such manner. It's therefore understandable why companies like Amazon would be unbeatable because their customer service is top notch.

anky

Youngling
I ordered GTX 1060 from them and I had very good experience with them. Their delivery was also very fast Infact I prepaid the order fro 25k rs! to save shipping charges

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
AFAIK,their reliability,service and trustworthiness is more top notch than Amazon or Flipkart or Snapdeal.
Though I have the advantage of being staying here at Kolkata.

A

amit.tiger12

If you buy all parts from local you get good support after purchase and good discount..

Hiesenberg

Broken In
I have locally built my PC few years back at Kolkata. Most of the parts were brought from M D Computers.

Over the period, i have shifted to many cities within India and have always received support from them in case of any parts failure or RMA.

Just recently also upgraded my GPU and bought it from MD only. They shipped GPU quickly ; delivered within 3 days.

Top Bottom