Is it worth the premium to pay extra 20,000 for gtx 1050TI mobile when compared to gtx 1050 laptop ?

RageshAntony

In the zone
I want to buy a laptop with gtx 1050 gpu. I already heard that laptop gpus perform less when compared with same desktop model. .

Is it true ?
what is performance wise difference between GTX 1050 Desktop vs gtx 1050 laptop ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I want to buy a laptop with gtx 1050 gpu. I already heard that laptop gpus perform less when compared with same desktop model. .
Is it true ?
what is performance wise difference between GTX 1050 Desktop vs gtx 1050 laptop ?
Fill the questionnaire. Don't get anything below a 1050Ti.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Is it true ?
Answer this Questionnaire 1st:Questionnaire for laptop/notebook purchase

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
70-80k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Full HP 15.6" IPS Panel
Weight consideration : no matter

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
In descending order of proiority:
  1. Game Programming
  2. 3D modeling , Game Design
  3. Web surfing (lots of tabs)
  4. I am not a gamer .

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eyeing for ?
In descending order of proiority:
  1. Powerful CPU (core i5 7th gen 3.0 ghz base clock OR core i7 7th gen 2.7 ghz base clock)
  2. Decent GPU, with 10 series GPUs
  3. 1080p screen with no color shifts.
  4. Good cooling and build quality. Should last at least 4 years.
  5. Expansion options and ports; the more the merrier.
  6. DDR4 RAM
  7. DVD-RW.
  8. Keyboard and touchpad quality
6. Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Nope. As long the product is good, I don't care about brand.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Dell Inspiron Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) 7567 Notebook Rs.81990 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) 7567 Notebook Matt Black Online - Dell : Flipkart.com

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Why are you posting many threads with same need?
Like here:Suggest me 3D modeling workstation laptop between 70-80k
I suggested you there also the same thing right.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Import this through a friend:
GIGABYTE P55Wv7-KL3

You won't find any laptop better than this under 80k (or even 120k for that matter) in India.

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
I am confused between gtx 1050 and gtx 1050ti mobile GPUs.

I am game artist and 3D modeller.

The cost of gtx 1050 laptop is 76000 (Asus FX553VD-D483) whereas cost of a gtx 1050ti laptop is 93,000. There is no 1050ti laptops below 93k.
Is it worth the premium to pay extra 20,000 for gtx 1050TI mobile when compared to gtx 1050 mobile?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Dell Inspiron Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) 7567 Notebook Rs.81990 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) 7567 Notebook Matt Black Online - Dell : Flipkart.com
:facepalm:
A laptop worth 50-55k at max.

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
Why are you posting many threads with same need?
Like here:Suggest me 3D modeling workstation laptop between 70-80k
I suggested you there also the same thing right.

My question is different . I am asking the performance of GTX 1050 mobile edition and gtx 1050 notebook edition.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I am confused between gtx 1050 and gtx 1050ti mobile GPUs.

I am game artist and 3D modeller.

The cost of gtx 1050 laptop is 76000 (Asus FX553VD-D483) whereas cost of a gtx 1050ti laptop is 93,000. There is no 1050ti laptops below 93k.
Is it worth the premium to pay extra 20,000 for gtx 1050TI mobile when compared to gtx 1050 mobile?
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Keep it in the same thread.

Edit: This thread what is performance wise difference between GTX 1050 Desktop vs gtx 1050 laptop ?

Don't buy overpriced laptops in India.

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
Import this through a friend:
GIGABYTE P55Wv7-KL3

You won't find any laptop better than this under 80k (or even 120k for that matter) in India.

@SaiyanGoku ... Excellent laptop config . I like it very much..Thank you very much
But I dont need any SSDs. So how to remove it. OR suggest a same config without SSD .

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@SaiyanGoku ... Excellent laptop config . I like it very much..Thank you very much
But I dont need any SSDs. So how to remove it. OR suggest a same config without SSD .
Trust me, you'll crave for ssd when you experience the performance difference with hard disks. Heck, I'd upgrade that to a PCIe or NVME ssd if budget allows.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Another option but with maybe inferior screen calibration and thermals:

Amazon.com: Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop (G3-571-77QK) with Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD 2.5-Inch Drive Bundle: Computers & Accessories

Edit: has only one USB 3.0 type a port (and 2 * USB 2.0 type a, 1* USB 3.1 type c)

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
Another option but with maybe inferior screen calibration and thermals:

Amazon.com: Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop (G3-571-77QK) with Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD 2.5-Inch Drive Bundle: Computers & Accessories

Edit: has only one USB 3.0 type a port (and 2 * USB 2.0 type a, 1* USB 3.1 type c)
Can I able to get warranty in India , if I buy the above mentioned ACER and customised gigabyte from USA ?

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
*www.xcite.com/computers-tablets/co...b-hdd-4gb-nvidia-17-3-inch-laptop-silver.html
What about this ? I have some relatives working in Kuwait. So I can buy this from kuwait . The only one problem is it have only 1050. It costs around 70,000 INR (329KD=>70,000 INR)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
*www.xcite.com/computers-tablets/co...b-hdd-4gb-nvidia-17-3-inch-laptop-silver.html
What about this ? I have some relatives working in Kuwait. So I can buy this from kuwait . The only one problem is it have only 1050. It costs around 70,000 INR (329KD=>70,000 INR)

You want to downgrade to 1050? Even when a GTX 1060 laptop is going for lesser price?

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
You want to downgrade to 1050? Even when a GTX 1060 laptop is going for lesser price?
That's why I rejected it.. But other configs such as 17" screen 16GB RAM , core i7 7700 cpu is mesmerised me. But I can't do anything using gtx 1050 gpu . (Game design needs a good gpu)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
That's why I rejected it.. But other configs such as 17" screen 16GB RAM , core i7 7700 cpu is mesmerised me. But I can't do anything using gtx 1050 gpu . (Game design needs a good gpu)
Screen resolution is the same, 1080p. If you want to have even bigger screen, get a desktop.

Top Bottom