Is cost of internet resonable in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
[MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION] : As you are using Meghbala, how is the stability of the connection? Still deviates in rainy season (thunderstorms, lightning etc)? Say if I need the connection anytime in a month, is there any reliability of that?

And I never understood this local peering thing. Say I am downloading a movie (English mostly) will that come under that cache thingy and I will get fast speed?

DDIF

Custom User Title
[MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION], mate can you try again, I was updating the contents and that was why there were errors.

tkin

Back to school!!
[MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION] : As you are using Meghbala, how is the stability of the connection? Still deviates in rainy season (thunderstorms, lightning etc)? Say if I need the connection anytime in a month, is there any reliability of that?

And I never understood this local peering thing. Say I am downloading a movie (English mostly) will that come under that cache thingy and I will get fast speed?
Its good, atleast in my location, the connection mainly depends on your cable operator.

If the movie you are downloading is popular you'll get btcache server. If its being downloaded by someone within the same ISP you'll get local peering, i.e direct transfer at 10MBps or similar.

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
I've never understood why this is such a big problem for the government or the IT sector to solve.
The minimum bandwidth was increased to 256kbps recently I believe but it makes no difference.
Compare the government owned ISP's and any random private ISP , the difference in cost and bandwidth is huge.
I hope we have a major revolution to change this here in India, whose majority of people are online at some given point of time.

Flash

Lost in speed
To be precise, Internet in india is . . . .

*www.myindiapictures.com/pictures/up1/2012/06/internet-suffering-funny-english.jpg

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Cost and Speed of broadband is not all reasonable in India. I have 1 Mbps UL plan and I'll download abt 200 GB per month costs ₹1445/month, I need an UL internet of atleast 100 Mbps upload and 25 Mbps upload to suit my needs. I can pay about ₹5000 per month but non of the ISPs providing this plan

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Cost and Speed of broadband is not all reasonable in India. I have 1 Mbps UL plan and I'll download abt 200 GB per month costs ₹1445/month, I need an UL internet of atleast 100 Mbps upload and 25 Mbps upload to suit my needs. I can pay about ₹5000 per month but non of the ISPs providing this plan

How much is your data requirement?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

If its upload then when will u download
and 5k is very costly i.e 5x12 = 60k per annum :shock:

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I need abt 400 GB upload and 1.5 TB download required

I don't think any company will be willing to give you that for Rs. 5000. check Business Plans

- - - Updated - - -

BTW a true 8 Mbps UL connection will get you 2.2 TB of data per month. so check corporate connection. Refer Original Post to know how I got this info.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
BTW a true 8 Mbps UL connection will get you 2.2 TB of data per month. so check corporate connection. Refer Original Post to know how I got this info.
Serously 2.2TB of data per month is overkill..what will person do with so much of data :mrgreen:

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Serously 2.2TB of data per month is overkill..what will person do with so much of data :mrgreen:

Actually I am just answering his query on how he can get the required bandwidth. What the user does with this information or his data is none of my concern :)

mitraark

Decrepit

Thankfully the concept of peering is enabling many users to download massive amounts of Data. The users of our ( and some other ) ISPs like Wishnet, Alliance broadband lets us download at speeds upto 100mbps from other seeders of same ISP, and upto 40 mbps from a cache server of their own which caches popular sites like Youtube, Filehippo, ..etc and torrents

I have 4mbps internet which enables 500KB/s download, I am able to download upto 35 GB in 24 hours, and watch 720p video without lag on YouTube, so even if I get 4mbps at Rs. 1000 I think almost all users will be content in India.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
The cost is reasonable only for a few cities like here:

*www.digit.in/forum/technology-news...n-hyderabad-introduces-1gb-email-account.html

:mad: :banghead:

I give 12000 p.a. for 1mbps UL no FUP, from a local netwala. MTNL has a similar plan with landline connectivity and a few free calls costs 11988 p.a., but the service and the downtimes and even ping problems. NOT REASONABLE!
I saw a video of UNBOX THERAPY and they were in a hotel, and they were panicking of the 3mbps wifi there, well at least they had wi-fi in india? CRAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom