Intellectually inspiring, thought provoking, mind boggling SCI FI MOVIES!

quan chi

mortal kombat
I hope you are trolling.

I think he is not. it has so much meaningful hidden thought provoking subjects that even its directors could not decipher the meaning out of it, leave alone ordinary people. It is said that the wachowskis are still researching on the topic.

I thought a little about the topic too & understood that the entire movie happens in the dreams of Jupiter Jones (not the three investigator one:D). She hates her job & her dull life & like any other ordinary girl wants to become a princess/queen of some land with a handsome husband.
The movie has the name of jupiter because like jupiter her dreams are massive or gigantic!

Your sense of humor is low if you have taken the above explanation seriously.:D

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ I get what you mean. I am weak in understanding Sarcasm.. but I am learning. ;)

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
Actually I admit, I made a mistake in naming this thread. My initial intention was to create a thread that was about science fiction movies in general(irrespective of being mind boggling or not.) I used those terms"Intellectually inspiring, thought provoking, mind boggling" just to add masala to the topic. :duh2:

P.s - Read the P.s on the 1st page. I hope I made myself clear. :)

Last edited:

ankush28

Bazinga
Add "The Martian"

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I admit, I made a mistake in naming this thread. My initial intention was to create a thread that was about science fiction movies in general(irrespective of being mind boggling or not.) I used those terms"Intellectually inspiring, thought provoking, mind boggling" just to add masala to the topic. :duh2:

P.s - Read the P.s on the 1st page. I hope I made myself clear. :)
Relevant 2:41 - 3:30

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
Added Project Almanac. Another mind boggler!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello friends, keep this thread active please.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Add Donnie Darko,Another earth,the thirteenth floor,Pi,truman show

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
Thanks added Another earth,the thirteenth floor,Pi,truman show,arrival and passengers.

Donnie Darko already in list.

P.s, Just noted - Thread completed 2 years!

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
coherence .... Boy oh Boy what a mind twisting, convoluted this movie was, well in a good way. I had to "seriously" watch it twice right one after another to get what exactly it is. (And I have never done that). Ahs anyone of you seen Triangle .... if that was a bit convoluted and twisted to follow, coherence is BAAP of triangle, agree the "thrill" aspect was more in triangle, and it was more "entertaining" as such but as far as intertwingling and complexities of the plot goes... in my entire life I think handful of movies will be out there that would match coherence.

I won't give much of the plot but will say it involves around the concept of alternate reality and that is all I think I should say about this movie.

...... MUST WATCH ..... 7.5/10

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I watched Coherence a couple of years back I think. It's a low budget movie that absolutely makes up for the low budget by providing a level of thrill many fails to provide.
The movie gets twisted with each minute and is a roller coaster ride from an innocent beginning to the end. Yes, it was awesome!

Top Bottom