Intel Ivy Bridge Discussion

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^Overpriced? The ASUS P8Z77-M costs around 8.2k with all these features. There are Gigabyte/MSI z77 boards coming and the according to the newegg prices they have models for the budget buyers too.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ nice find ... little but powerful beast ;-)

here's another Z77 mobo roundup review ;-)
Intel Z77 Chipset Launch Roundup

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
so those who are going for snb should wait for ivy bridge ???

did some research , the ivybridge competitor of i5 2400 is i5 3450

similar specs..
same price i.e, 184$

Revised Ivy Bridge launch schedule confirmed

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
what's the use of a pci-e 3.0 mobo without a IVB cpu - so you better wait for IVB cpu.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
i want to buy a new pc with PCIe 3.0 motherboard.So i should wait till may without buying core i7 2600k ?
Yout put in i7-2600K in any motherboard, you'll get PCIe 2.0. PCIe lanes come from the processor, not from the motherboard.

That said, for PCIe 3.0 lanes from the processor, the motherboard should also suppert PCIe 3.0.

Anyways, PCIe 3.0 is not needed. PCIe 2.0 has way more than sufficient bandwidth and is fine if you want to buy now.

GamerKP

Broken In
@topgear @ico
in april's digit i saw they suggest i7 2600k with ASRock Extreme 7 Gen 3 motherboard and in asus's advertisement they said any 22nm cpu is ok for pcie 3.0 ,so i thought if i7 2600k is a 22nm cpu.plus i will definitly buy zotac gtx 680,so shouldnt i go for pcie 3.0 ?
by the way whats the actual difference between pcie 2.0 and pcie 3.0? double the bandwidth means faster internet? if that then no need.i will post my config request after 15th april(wbjee).please help me that time.

dfcols71

In the zone
9by the way when was i7 2600 k is a 22nm cpu last heared it was 32 nm cpu
afaik only ivy bridges cpu are 22nm
any only ivy cpu+gen3 z68mb(updated bios)
or only ivy cpu+z77mb
will give u pcie3 but there is hardly any difference pcie3 and pcie2

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@topgear @ico
in april's digit i saw they suggest i7 2600k with ASRock Extreme 7 Gen 3 motherboard and in asus's advertisement they said any 22nm cpu is ok for pcie 3.0 ,so i thought if i7 2600k is a 22nm cpu.plus i will definitly buy zotac gtx 680,so shouldnt i go for pcie 3.0 ?
by the way whats the actual difference between pcie 2.0 and pcie 3.0? double the bandwidth means faster internet? if that then no need.i will post my config request after 15th april(wbjee).please help me that time.

nope .. it means a lot more FPS in games but actually the gain is minimal .. this should give you an clear idea about what you should expect ;-)

*images.hardwarecanucks.com/image//skymtl/GPU/HD7970/HD7970-69.jpg

*images.hardwarecanucks.com/image//skymtl/GPU/HD7970/HD7970-68.jpg

Intel i7 3930K @ Stock on ASUS P9X79 WS

So unless you are going to run HD7970 or GTX 680 in multi GPU mode there's no real need to think much about pci-e 3.0 IMO

AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB Review - Page 21

pci-e 3.0 benifits from multi GPU config ... but who has got the moolah ;-)

*i119.photobucket.com/albums/o139/callsign_vega/PCI-ETests.jpg

*www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1537816&mpage=1

harshatiyya

Broken In
wow. based on these charts. single/double card owners will nothing have to worry about PCI 3.0. there isnt much bigger difference. :woot:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Someone already bought the board yesterday- maximus V Gene!! Z77!! Oh yeah!!

Nice!! But without 22nm cpu? :lol:

I particularly like MSI Z77A-GD65 at its $170 pricing. If it comes into India market @10K, it will beat the crap out of Asus boards.

@Sorcerer: Any idea about its price?

Here is the release date, April 23rd.
Ivy Bridge tipped for April 23rd launch - SlashGear

pci-e 3.0 benifits from multi GPU config ... but who has got the moolah ;-)

*i119.photobucket.com/albums/o139/callsign_vega/PCI-ETests.jpg

PCI-E 2.0 vs PCI-E 3.0 BATTLE ROYAL!!?!

Unless they have used ES of 22nm processor, this comparison chart is absurd. 32nm processors can't even use the potential bandwidth of PCI-E3.0

Top Bottom