Inquiry regarding the Power Consumption of Telenet’s "Power Over Ethernet" Injector

Jignesh Desai

Right off the assembly line
How much Power would a 18V "Power Over Ethernet Injector" consume per day in Electrical Units (i.e. kW-h) , if left on for 24 hours ?
Please , kindly can you show the working ? This product has been manufactured by Telenet Systems Pvt. Ltd.

The product's .pdf file for the above product shows the following electrical specifications :

Ethernet Connectors :- RJ45 Jacks (2)
Ethernet Data Rate :- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
No. of Ethernet Devices that can be powered :- Single
Data Lines :- Pair 1 : Pins 1/2
Pair 2 : Pins 3/6
Cat-5 Power (Poe) Pin Out (Spare Pair) :- +VDC: Pins 4/5
- VDC: Pins 7/8
Operating Temperature :- 0 C to 50 C
Max Ouput Power :- 30W
Nominal Output Voltage :- 18V (Typical)
Input - 205-255 VAC 50 Hz
IEEE 802.3 af Compiant :- Not applicable

The Adaptor that I am using along with this Injector has the following Details printed on it :

AC/DC Adaptor
Input - 100-240V AC 50/60 Hz
Output 18 Volt = DC 1.67 Amp

The Cable that has been provided by the ISP , has the following written on it :- "Duraconnect CAT -5e 4 Pair UTP 25 AWG UV Resistant PVC as per TIA/EIA 568 C.2 And IEC/ISO 11801" .

This Cable connects the ISP's connection to the "Power Over Ethernet Injector" & from the LAN socket of this injector , another cable (with same thing written) runs to my P.C. & gets connected to it .

I have attached the .pdf file regarding this Power Over Ethernet Injector that I was able to download from Telenet's website .

In case I am wrong in assessing which Injector I am using & in case , I am actually using Telenet's 12V Injector , in that case , what would be the Power consumption per day (if left on for 24 hours) ? The specifications of this product are as follows :

Maximum Output Power - 12W
Nominal Output Voltage - 12V (Typical)
Input - 205-255 VAC 50 Hz
IEEE 802.3af Compliant - Not Applicable

I am attaching the .pdf file for this product also, along with this email .

Expecting a reply soon .

Attachments

• 18v-poe-injector.pdf
    371.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 12v-poe-injector.pdf
    369.4 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Assuming max output power of 30W,then in 24 hours total usage will be (24*30)=720Wh.Now one unit is 100oWh so it is (720/1000)=0.72unit per day.This is a very basic calculation but it should be able to give you a basic idea.

Top Bottom