India has exam system, not education system

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Students here want to get rich because they are not taught to serve their nation. Right from childhood their mindset is filled with foreign crap. As far as I know, if you go to study abroad from Japan to any other country, you Will Have to serve japan for a particular amount of time after completing your education (don't know the exact time). You can't just run from your National Duties... and that's the reason they have the most hardworking population on this earth.
Or maybe they are treated as crap due to politics and by age old idiots who surpress their talent. They don't get enough opportunities here.

lm2k

Journeyman
the worst thing starts just in childhood, when parents brainwash their children.
They dont see any other course except engineering or mbbs! while all other courses are considered as for low intellegence and below average students.
isnt it that so much manpower and intellegent students of our country being dumped to engineering and medical, while in other fields they cud have done wonders.

further nowadays every engg student after be goes for mba,[every one says "mujhe technical field me nahi jana"] and then whats the use of the knowledge that engg course taut them? but no look at tat, what a study done in just a week or two before exam wud have made them real enggs? regarding projects ,every student knows the address of the shop where they can buy ready made projects fo last and third year along with reports. now its clear to imagine what quality of enggs our educational universities are producing!:!:

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Regarding JEE, AIEEE, etc. - it's not so much of a selection system as it is an elimination system.

I have also said before on this very forum that all these entrance exams are geared and meant for "average students" with little to no knowledge of technical subjects. The people who are technically inclined from the start are still small in number in India. Given the aspirations of the youth as well as their parents, I guess it is justified why the selection was decided to be made on the basis of PCM/PCB - to give all students a fair ground to compete on since everybody would know PCM but not everybody will be knowing stuff like ion implantation, die fabrication, Web 2.0, etc.

That still doesn't make it right though.

As far as syllabi go, if you are studying in a decent university like Jadavpur (for example), you will be studying exactly the same thing as the IITs for the most part. So don't worry about syllabus.

As for CS/CE syllabus, you'd be surprised how many people still don't have a computer at home, or don't know how to use it. But since they did get admission based on PCM, something has to be done to make these people competent in computer handling. That's why the syllabi focuses on basics only, otherwise you'd be surprised just how many people will fail :p

It's a necessary evil caused by the elimination system.

masterkd

Padawan
Here I remember some funny story from my engineering days.

There was this guy from CS dept who was among the top scorers. During our 4th year one day we were discussing our internet speed and that guy said "you guys have really slow internet. I have 100 Mbps internet." I could not make him understand that is LAN speed not internet speed.

Also one day in OS class one student asked why 500 GB hard disk gives only 465 GB space. The teacher said rest of the space is consumed by system. When I argued it is not consumed by system rather storage device is manufactured as 1000 bytes = 1 KB and so on he almost thrown me out of the class.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom