India has exam system, not education system

Neuron

Electronic.
^ Yes I acknowledge that those with excellent learning skills and intelligence can make it to the top of the ranklist,but if you take a sample 1000 students i don't think there will be more than 250 students who really deserve to hold that position strictly taking intelligence as the measure.Only those 250 can perform creatively and innovatively.

Techn0crat

RPG FTW!!!
^ Yes I acknowledge that those with excellent learning skills and intelligence can make it to the top of the ranklist,but if you take a sample 1000 students i don't think there will be more than 250 students who really deserve to hold that position strictly taking intelligence as the measure.Only those 250 can perform creatively and innovatively.

Even 250 is a big number imo.

Anish

Spectre
Can you posters imagine a Electronics and Communication Engineering(final year!) student who studies damn well (gets score 9.3/10) and owns a sony vaio for a year or 2 once asked me what for winrar & winzip is used? and what is ccleaner!

abhijangda

Padawan

yes that is definitely, if you are selecting 1000 students after rank 2000. But all those before 2000 deserve to be selected. That's why IITs wants to completely change JEE examination pattern and wants to dissolve these coaching centre market. Also this is the reason why every year or two you will get a new pattern, new marking scheme.

Can you posters imagine a Electronics and Communication Engineering(final year!) student who studies damn well (gets score 9.3/10) and owns a sony vaio for a year or 2 once asked me what for winrar & winzip is used? and what is ccleaner!

Really??:shock: i am shocked and cannot control my laugh :))

Techn0crat

RPG FTW!!!

Tell him that winrar and winzip are used for similar purpose as that of 7-Zip.His face will be like :-?
My friend who was in MAAC(Maya) told me that his Computer engg. student asked how to use CD/DVD images.Computer engg. student asking animation student!!!!I was like WTF???

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
The System has to be totally changed.Not just engineering or any coll degree,the system has be reviewed right from 1st grade.children should be made to enjoy what they are learning.Creativity & hunger for knowledge has to be given a upper hand and not merely the marks scored.
For all this to happen the outlook of the society should gradually improve.Its sad that even now people have this notion "Marks-directly proportional-Intelligence"
Seriously most of the exams we write are nothing but just a memory test :-(

If the society's attitude changes...the system can easily be changed:|

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I have to agree with the article.We dont have proper colleges with degrees for unconventional studies like video game development/animation etc.

I am in class 11 now and I want to become a video game developer-work as a generalist btw-and I do not know what to do.I dont like studiying from institutions like arena/maac etc because they are not proper colleges and I will have to study extra science subjects like chemistry when all i will be doing is developing software .

masterkd

Padawan
I've a good number of friends who are either NRI staying in US of went to US for bachelors/masters/phd studies or for jobs..they all said me one thing..average iq of indians are more than average american..but they learn a lot more than indians because thay have much more scientific education system and they do emphasize on practical knowledge..they don't have to just memorize things..after 4 yrs of study i'm a horrible engineer and totally clueless of what actually should be done to design something on the other hand in US they regularly need to design things practically..so naturally they learn better!!

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
I think that's what happens when we adopt a foreign language of teaching own our students when we already have far better languages in our own country. I don't think Japan teaches his students in English, or China's education is based on English.
Guys, leave alone city schools. 65% of population lives in villages, and children there treat english like an Alien language! Why the hell he or she can't study in his regional or national language? If someone says technical education has to be in English, I don't agree with him ever. Innovation and Tech is related to brain, not to any language. We can have researches and make our own languages compatible to today's technological standards. I feel a shame when I see my country like this, being forced to adopt a different language.. and our own, ancient languages, which are the most sophisticated languages on the earth, are going to trash..

Today we have Spoken English Institutes all over India. People think English learning is necessary for "development", and being modern is being related to learning English. Isn't it a total foolishness? What the hell modernism got to do with English? Did god sent it and said you have to learn it? And as for those who say English is a global language, let me tell that out of 150 countries, roughly 15-20 countries use English. Do innovations depend on any language? The reason India is far behind when comes to the availability of real technological brains is that we are neglecting our own languages. You should agree that "Original Thought" is only possible in our mother language, and this English phenomenon is making us slaves of west.

If English learning were necessary for technology or innovations, japan would not be number one in the world.

Guys, if u really want to think beyond this education system and IITs, please I sincerely request you to listen to this lecture of Late Shri Rajiv Dixit ji.. I am sure you will be shocked by the facts, and it will force you to re-think...

Rajiv Dixit - Brain Drain Pune Enginering College

Please listen it at least once.. It's a long lecture (divided in parts) but worth every second....

Last edited:

Anish

Spectre
Today we have Spoken English Institutes all over India. People think English learning is necessary for "development", and being modern is being related to learning English. Isn't it a total foolishness? What the hell modernism got to do with English? Did god sent it and said you have to learn it? And as for those who say English is a global language, let me tell that out of 150 countries, roughly 15-20 countries use English. Do innovations depend on any language? The reason India is far behind when comes to the availability of real technological brains is that we are neglecting our own languages. You should agree that "Original Thought" is only possible in our mother language, and this English phenomenon is making us slaves of west.

Savvy!

and another thing dude... and thats the reason Indians are performing around the globe!:razz:

Scientia Wiz

In Shameful Misery
Students do not study to be educated they only study to pass any of the exam they want with a good grade !

This is the currnt situation of india !!!!

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
It's not raising the bar of just 10 educational institutions (IITs), it's the general institutions, where the bulk of students preside.

Sadly, PM's advisor got that wrong. Or TOI did.

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Savvy!

and another thing dude... and thats the reason Indians are performing around the globe!:razz:

sure.. performing around the globe. But not serving their own country who made them what they are..
tell me, how many student from IITs or IIMs want to work for India? Everybody wants to work in foreign MNCs. Then who will work for India, Americans?

Anish

Spectre
sure.. performing around the globe. But not serving their own country who made them what they are..
tell me, how many student from IITs or IIMs want to work for India? Everybody wants to work in foreign MNCs. Then who will work for India, Americans?

Americans? :rofl:

Everyone of us know the reason for this buddy.... It is very obvious. MONEY. Everyone wants to get rich. IF this situation has to change, then there must be a serious change in the INDIAN POLITICS.

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Americans? :rofl:

Everyone of us know the reason for this buddy.... It is very obvious. MONEY. Everyone wants to get rich. IF this situation has to change, then there must be a serious change in the INDIAN POLITICS.

Glad u got the point :smile:
We, as a Nation, have to stand up on our own feet and not depending on any other Nation for science and technology and many other things, like countries like China and Japan do. Only then we can make real progress, and can really call us developed.
Believe it or not, it's the "Swadeshi" or "Indigenous Spirit", with that we can grow much stronger than any other nation on this earth. Indigenous Education, Indigenous Languages, Indigenous Products and Services.

Students here want to get rich because they are not taught to serve their nation. Right from childhood their mindset is filled with foreign crap. As far as I know, if you go to study abroad from Japan to any other country, you Will Have to serve japan for a particular period of time after completing your education (don't know the exact time). You can't just run from your National Duties... and that's the reason they have the most hardworking population on this earth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom