India bans sale of unproductive cattle for slaughter

Broken In
Bullshit. It says clearly that the animals cannot be sold for slaughter. If you cannot legally slaughter the animal, how will you eat it?
This just made me lol.

read this kid :

Illegal cattle trade funds terror.

What has for past several years appeared an innocuous even if an illegal side ''business'', namely cattle trade, could be a source of terror funding, say top UP government officials. A substantial part of the Rs 15,000 crore illegal trade is being funnelled to fund terror, officials said.

The connection between cattle smuggling and big crime first came to light when one Mizanur Rehman turned out to be the key accused in the kidnapping of Kolkata-based proprietor of Khadim Shoes, Partho Burman. Mizanur's younger brother, Azizur Rehman Sardar, 22, was found to be a Harkat-ul-Jihad-e-Islami (HuJI) activist serving time in Lucknow jail.

Mizanur was also known to be the trusted aide of HuJI area commander Jalaluddin, alias Babu Bhai, who too is in Lucknow jail. A part of the Rs 4 crore ransom in the Burman abduction case was suspected to have been diverted to Omar Sheikh, one of the alleged killers of US journalist Daniel Pearl in Pakistan.

Azizur Rehman is in the slammer for ferrying arms and explosives from Bangladesh to India (his last cache included 2 kg RDX, 10 grenades and 10 detonators). Before that, however, this West Bengal resident, operated as a cattle smuggler along the India-Bangladesh border. So do his other three associates arrested with him in June 2007.

Azizur is one of the hundreds of foot soldiers in cross-border terror network who engages in cattle smuggling during ''lean period''.

- Illegal cattle trade funding terror - Times of India

There are countless articles (from reliable sources of course) which say that cattle smuggling business gives out money for terror funding. You can also find them on your own, just make a search combining pair of keywords from here

terror funding + animal + cattle + cow + camel + smuggling + trade + arms

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
read this kid :

Illegal cattle trade funds terror.

- Illegal cattle trade funding terror - Times of India

There are countless articles (from reliable sources of course) which say that cattle smuggling business gives out money for terror funding. You can also find them on your own, just make a search combining pair of keywords from here

terror funding + animal + cattle + cow + camel + smuggling + trade + arms
Well "kid", just like you said in an earlier post, its trading that is funding terrorism, and not eating beef. Therefore, govt. should give legal channels for trading beef and leave us alone.

icebags

Technomancer
all these debates will come to an end for good, once they declare cow as our national animal. slaughter guy will probably get a life sentence or something.

Make cow the national animal: Rajasthan HC to Centre - Times of India

Last edited:
OP
Cyberghost

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
all these debates will come to an end for good, one they declare cow as our national animal. slaughter guy will probably get a life sentence or something.

Make cow the national animal: Rajasthan HC to Centre - Times of India
If it happens states like Kerala,Nagaland,Arunachal Pradesh become Kashmir and fight for their independence from India. In my state cow beef is available as low as ₹40/plate in hotels where chicken costs ₹120-150,mutton costs ₹220-300. If they ban slaughter will the govt. subsidies the price of chicken and mutton to the price of beef for the poor,will govt protect the leather workers from losing the job?

icebags

Technomancer
If it happens states like Kerala,Nagaland,Arunachal Pradesh become Kashmir and fight for their independence from India. In my state cow beef is available as low as ₹40/plate in hotels where chicken costs ₹120-150,mutton costs ₹220-300. If they ban slaughter will the govt. subsidies the price of chicken and mutton to the price of beef for the poor,will govt protect the leather workers from losing the job?
well, future is uncertain. what will happen in future is yet to be seen.

but starting claims for independence, just because not able to eat an animal, is ridiculous. history will repeat itself, alexander will come, followed by mughals and the british.

but people did never actually act logical or reasonable, and thats why get to study destruction and creation of civilizations, nations in historybooks. :)

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I meet people from all parts of the globe, US, Nigeria, Mexico, Jamaica ..hell even Kurdistan. Everybody wants to know whether beef is banned in my country and what the deal it is with cows and all, And I would say that not everybody in my country is that much of a pseudo-patriotic cowdung eaters and piss drinkers. All of this because some morons don't let others eat beef . You can believe that all Indians are your brothers and sisters, but you wouldn't say that to your sister's husband; would you ?

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
So does that mean no beef in Bangalore? :sad:
I am not sure If there was anything in the first place ! Maybe local residents know better. I rememeber walking a lot to have beef from a sidewalk eatery. I felt so weird and looking at others faces I felt that we all were somewhat guilty.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
well, future is uncertain. what will happen in future is yet to be seen.

but starting claims for independence, just because not able to eat an animal, is ridiculous. history will repeat itself, alexander will come, followed by mughals and the british.

but people did never actually act logical or reasonable, and thats why get to study destruction and creation of civilizations, nations in historybooks. :)
What is the logic in banning beef? Other than to circlejerk each other.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

icebags

Technomancer
What is the logic in banning beef? Other than to circlejerk each other.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

people's believes and emotions. just like you don't use lord ganesha's pic on your socks or something. there is no logic people should not eat snakes or elephants or dogs either (some people in some other countries are always eating these also).

I meet people from all parts of the globe, US, Nigeria, Mexico, Jamaica ..hell even Kurdistan. Everybody wants to know whether beef is banned in my country and what the deal it is with cows and all, And I would say that not everybody in my country is that much of a pseudo-patriotic cowdung eaters and piss drinkers. All of this because some morons don't let others eat beef . You can believe that all Indians are your brothers and sisters, but you wouldn't say that to your sister's husband; would you ?
you can start asking them, if dog eating is enjoyed there ? or would they mind if our dear naga brother goes there slaughters and cooks a few dogs & cats at home ?

Last edited:

Sarvesh

Journeyman
Wrong Heading !!

Govt has NOT BANNED selling of unproductive cattle for slaughter.

Beef sale or slaughtering of unproductive cattle cannot be banned without passing an Act - the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960 is already in force since years & on the request of Supreme Court Govt has just set some rules based on the existing Act.

First find about the detailed news then write - In India Politicians & also people are so good & fast in spreading all wrong news so quickly and even protest & debates starts.

So what is actual news.

They have prohibited the sale of unproductive cattle for slaughtering through the Animal Mandis (Market for animal trading) - So now onwards slaughter houses can / will have to buy such cattle directly from the farmer from his place.

In fact Govt could have set up separate mandis for unproductive cattle because farmer will not get good price if he sells from his farm / house since there will be no bidding in that case (in Mandis there is bidding so farmer gets higher price).

Govt will have to revise its rules order in any case since it seems it was drafted in hurry to stop the so called "gau rakhshak" groups beating innocent farmers while carrying cattle from the mandis.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
people's believes and emotions. just like you don't use lord ganesha's pic on your socks or something. there is no logic people should not eat snakes or elephants or dogs either (some people in some other countries are always eating these also).
Beliefs, culture, traditions, all of these are arbitrary and abstract. It is something people choose to believe after seeing their family and peers. If a vegetarian eats non-veg food, NOTHING happens. If you wear some deity's picture on your socks, you DO NOT DIE. The only reason such beliefs are in effect are because it is constantly reinforced through observation and a cult like mentality among us. Instead open the mind and see things for what they actually are: Carbons, Hydrogens and Oxygens.
you can start asking them, if dog eating is enjoyed there ? or would they mind if our dear naga brother goes there slaughters and cooks a few dogs & cats at home ?
So is that wrong?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Wrong Heading !!

Govt has NOT BANNED selling of unproductive cattle for slaughter.

Beef sale or slaughtering of unproductive cattle cannot be banned without passing an Act - the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960 is already in force since years & on the request of Supreme Court Govt has just set some rules based on the existing Act.

First find about the detailed news then write - In India Politicians & also people are so good & fast in spreading all wrong news so quickly and even protest & debates starts.

So what is actual news.

They have prohibited the sale of unproductive cattle for slaughtering through the Animal Mandis (Market for animal trading) - So now onwards slaughter houses can / will have to buy such cattle directly from the farmer from his place.

In fact Govt could have set up separate mandis for unproductive cattle because farmer will not get good price if he sells from his farm / house since there will be no bidding in that case (in Mandis there is bidding so farmer gets higher price).

Govt will have to revise its rules order in any case since it seems it was drafted in hurry to stop the so called "gau rakhshak" groups beating innocent farmers while carrying cattle from the mandis.
This actually makes sense. Though I must also request a source for your claims.

icebags

Technomancer
Beliefs, culture, traditions, all of these are arbitrary and abstract. It is something people choose to believe after seeing their family and peers. If a vegetarian eats non-veg food, NOTHING happens. If you wear some deity's picture on your socks, you DO NOT DIE. The only reason such beliefs are in effect are because it is constantly reinforced through observation and a cult like mentality among us. Instead open the mind and see things for what they actually are: Carbons, Hydrogens and Oxygens.

So is that wrong?
you are right, nothing happens there. but as a part of living in society, it is normally practiced to respect and obey the culture and beliefs of that region & try not to cause any discomfort to them.

Last edited:

Pasapa

Live to die another day
you are right, nothing happens there. but as a part of living in society, it is normally practiced to respect and obey the culture and beliefs of that region.
Culture and beliefs should change overtime. It should not stagnate..
I as a sensible human being cannot comprehend how some people treat cows as holy animals. It just doesn't make any sense.
Why don't people in our country question the superstitious beliefs instead of blindly following them?

And even if the government hasn't outright banned cattle slaughter these new regulations will reduce the cattle supply by 80-90% thereby inducing an indirect ban on slaughter.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Sarvesh

Journeyman
This actually makes sense. Though I must also request a source for your claims.

"The prime focus of the regulation is to protect the animals from cruelty and not to regulate the existing trade in cattle for slaughter houses. It is envisaged that welfare of cattle dealt in the market will be ensured and that only healthy animals are traded for agriculture purposes for the benefits of the farmers. The livestock markets are intended to become hubs for trade for animal for agriculture through this process and animal for slaughter will have to be bought from the farmers at the farms. The notified rules will remove the scope of illegal sale and smuggling of the cattle which is a major concern."

The above lines are from the Press Information Bureau Government of India
Link : Rules on prevention of cruelty to Animals (Regulation of Livestock Market) to ensure welfare of Animals & Protect Animals from Cruelty: Environment Ministry

Actually opposition spreads distorted information to provoke public sentiments and create disruption in the society whereas the Media (TV Channels) adds masala to distorted News to start debate shows for TRP.

Last edited:

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
cats at home ?
Yeah, we live in crazy times where beliefs matter more than logic and reasoning.
Wanna know 3 reasons why people use lord ganeshas in their socks?
1.Lord ganesha isn't real
2.Lord ganesha isn't real
3.They believe in other gods such as the flying sphagetti monster.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
There is something wrong with you buddy, if you think that Cows=Cats/Dogs.
Cats/Dogs=Pets while cow is not, you can, but you would have to let her in, lay down your bed and put her on your or lap and pat her on the head.
The whole thing is just a propaganda, There was not much fuzz about this before, until Modi.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, we live in crazy times where beliefs matter more than logic and reasoning.
Wanna know 3 reasons why people use lord ganeshas in their socks?
1.Lord ganesha isn't real
2.Lord ganesha isn't real
3.They believe in other gods such as the flying sphagetti monster.
Shots fired.
*i.imgflip.com/zcdum.jpg

icebags

Technomancer
There is something wrong with you buddy, if you think that Cows=Cats/Dogs.
Cats/Dogs=Pets while cow is not, you can, but you would have to let her in, lay down your bed and put her on your or lap and pat her on the head.
The whole thing is just a propaganda, There was not much fuzz about this before, until Modi.

well, all of those are animals & that leaves with you 3 options.

1. eat it.
2. get eaten by it.
3. do neither of the above.

someone's pet is someones treat. it's all relative.

Top Bottom