India among countries with worst internet connections

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^good joke...2g net takes atleast half a minute to sign into skype...imo 2g only fit for web browsing

Strange. Because I have even done free calls using Skype without much problem. On a 2g obviously with a Android smart phone.
Even could play multiplayer games with the forum member Sam who lives across the city. I hosted and his ping was like 300. Although terrible but its very much playbable :wink:

Ironman

In the zone
This is the Main Reason i cannot play great mmorpgs like Blade and Soul , Queens Blade
Shayia etc

DAMN YOU GOVT. OF INDIA , We Pay You Tax You give us Hoax:oops:
instead of good broadband (For which again we are paying too:evil:)

rahul_c

Journeyman
Airtel 4G tagline - Don’t surf..Just fly— for 2 kilometers and fall to the ground (your legs broken) & then just crawl.

funskar

Padawan
Airtel 4G tagline - Don’t surf..Just fly— for 2 kilometers and fall to the ground (your legs broken) & then just crawl.

:wah:
After paying 1k for Broadband still u can't watch youtube videos without hassle..
3-4g is to show in the list that india has these technology..

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ Whats the use of 4G.When WE have some thing called FUP OF 6GB ..Crossing which speed will be 144 kbps=10-16 KB/S

R2K

In the Zone
I'm seriously against FUP but I remember reading somewhere that even telecom companies in US and UK have FUP enabled on mobile internet. Its not just in India.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ Well but they wont have lame speeds like 144.256 kbps after crossing THE FUP.
These days the minimum anyone require is 256-512 kbps-For videos Ideal is 1+ mbps[For 420-640p)

funskar

Padawan
I'm seriously against FUP but I remember reading somewhere that even telecom companies in US and UK have FUP enabled on mobile internet. Its not just in India.

Fup shud b decent.. not like 6gb upto 20-40mbps after that lame 128-144kbps.. minmum 512kbps shud v provided or else 40-50gb fup data..

See the fup's of beam -act-bsnl bb 2k+ plans..
4-6gb fup for a 1k connection is Lyk giving lolipop to child n when he going to eat it u just snapd that lolipop:shock:

lordirecto

In the zone
These days airtel is giving me 25 gb FUP for 500-600 :)

Do you mean Airtel Broadband? Or Airtel Mobile?
Even if you are talking about Airtel Broadband, 25 GB is not much of a download limit.

EDIT: I easily cross 60GB with my Reliance Broadband per month, with 600kbps and 1mbps transfer speeds.

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Do you mean Airtel Broadband? Or Airtel Mobile?
Even if you are talking about Airtel Broadband, 25 GB is not much of a download limit.

EDIT: I easily cross 60GB with my Reliance Broadband per month, with 600kbps and 1mbps transfer speeds.

Airtel Broadband.But for 500-600 bucks 25 GB FUP is good.I take 10 days to finish it though :/.This is because now i have hols.When 12th starts maybe it will take 15-20 days

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
and i am bl**y hell struck with 256kbps after 8 GB with airtel broadband.playing BFH alone take around 300-400mbs per day,then how can this 8gb last for a month.
for the people who think politicians are going to get good and will start thinking about people,thats never goin to happen better we leave india and settle in US ,UK or even in korea for internet ;-)

Theodre

In the zone
Am glad they are on the list, maybe we should vote for the worst ISP too!! B.S.N.L!!! I have been using a connection with download speed of 10kbps (you heard me right :evil:) for the last 4 month. :evil: They cant even maintain the current available speed ediotas! :evil: I have been paying 750 bucks for the last 4 month :evil:

They deserve it :evil:

Top Bottom