HP Pavilion G6 2005AX Review and Benchmarks

vds5344

Broken In
thanks sam I'm unable to quote from my phone sorry. :(
anyways it's a8 4500M and shouldn't it make any difference.
Agree that 512 mb would be fine but i think crossfiring gives better results?
And if some kind user of this lappy should confirm the mp3 running fine? How well lappy stands well with comparison to dell inspiron 14r in gaming? Just asking :) have a low budget but ambitions are to play good games at lowest or normal settings though.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thanks sam I'm unable to quote from my phone sorry. :(

no problem :)

Agree that 512 mb would be fine but i think crossfiring gives better results?

not always. rather i would say maximum number of times the extra performance gain is not worth it at all. simply switching to performance mode (fGPU turned off, dGPU turned on) will give better performance and at least all games will run without showing artifacts or crashing. AMD was criticized for same thing with Llano. Games crashed or performance degraded. If i remember correctly, the fGPU (fusion GPU) of Llano can't be turned off and that caused problems. This was fixed in Trinity.

How well lappy stands well with comparison to dell inspiron 14r in gaming? Just asking :) have a low budget but ambitions are to play good games at lowest or normal settings though.

fully depends on the GPU. Quad core i7s got beaten by A10 (A10 was beaten in 3 out of 15) in games when both were using their built in graphics. So games definitely have no problem with the low clock (Trinity won Computex award for a reason. This most likely was it).
*images.anandtech.com/doci/5831/trinity-vs-ivybridge-gaming-new.png

BTW if the Inspiron is having anything less than GT630/540, forget it.

far

Keep Going!
@sam Are you planning to buy this laptop...or anyother model in your mind...I think you were going to buy before this monthend :p

akbsol

Broken In
Can one change the gpu in lappies?

No...

simply switching to performance mode (fGPU turned off, dGPU turned on) will give better performance and at least all games will run without showing artifacts or crashing.

Are you sure that when we put a app/game to performance mode, its graphics get processed by dgpu only and there is no cross-firing involved?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam Are you planning to buy this laptop...or anyother model in your mind...I think you were going to buy before this monthend :p

this unless Asus brings a laptop with similar config and without OS for same price as X53TA.

Are you sure that when we put a app/game to performance mode, its graphics get processed by dgpu only and there is no cross-firing involved?

isn't there any setting to turn Xfire off? should be part of the catalyst suite :|

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Games Goblin, can you please test the games or benchmark using the new AMD Catalyst driver 12.6. The list of changes includes the fusionGPUs also.

# Feature Highlights
* Dual Graphics enhancements – new application profiles for DirectX 9 applications
- Supported Dual Graphics configurations:
> AMD Accelerated Processors for Desktop PCs
^ AMD Radeon™ HD 7660D (A10-5800K)
^ AMD Radeon™ HD 7660D (A10-5700)
^ AMD Radeon™ HD 7560D (A8-5600K)
^ AMD Radeon™ HD 7560D (A8-5500)
> Notebooks with AMD Accelerated Processors
^ AMD Radeon™ HD 7660G (A10-4600M)
- AMD Accelerated Processors for Desktop PCs
> AMD Radeon™ HD 7660G (A10-4600M)
> AMD Radeon™ HD 7640G (A8-4500M)
> AMD Radeon™ HD 7520G (A6-4400M)
- New profiles have been added for the following titles:
> Diablo 3
> Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
> StarCraft 2
> Portal 2
> Call of Duty Modern Warfare
> Call of Duty Black Ops
source: filehippo

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Hi
To clear everyone doubts..

There are 2 modes in selecting graphic cards
power saver ( igpu i.e 7640g )
high performance ( dgpu ( dgpu i.e 7670m )

then there is another option in amd catalyst
dual gpu ( crossfire i.e 7640g + 7670m )
you can enable it or disable it .

In short you can use igpu/dgpu/crossfire as per your wish...

Regarding crossfire performance please keep in mind last year there wasn't any support for dx 9 based games . And there were many games based on dx9 such as dirt 2, mafia 2 , just cause 2 . So crossfire did not worked in those games and it reverted the games to igpu which in most cases was slower than dgpu. So performance wasnt great.

I have played halo 2 on g6 2005ax on vista with catalyst drivers 12.7 leaked. Havent benchmarked it . But people have reported an increase of 100 points in 3d mark 11 with other cards.
The temperatures were
54 c on battery and 68 c while charging with no a/c . Ambient room temp around 45 c . I played it on 7640g for 3 hrs

akbsol

Broken In
Funny Enough immediately after my enquiry , they have increased the goodies worth to Rs 2180 :D and then replied my query.

Flipkart !!!

Same thing happened with me. I had sent them a inquiry asking for clarification about the specifications of a not so popular laptop model in their stock but in the morning next day when I got their reply, I found the model to be 1000rs. dearer :-D whereas its prices were stagnant for almost 2 months.

magnet

Youngling
Any idea why we dont see any competitor coming up with new model from same tree?

Also why the sleekbook base on trinity not entered so far.

I enquired at one shop in lammington mumbai.And the guy quote me 28k.

I said ill buy but the price you quoting looks cheap hence to be sure i need to see the box in front to verify specification.Than i thought he is calling someone on mobile but later found out busy updating his facebook status.I left the spot.

I also wanted to buy logitech g400 mouse and samsung wifi router but he look least interested in business.He wanted that people to buy who just say give me a config of i3 within 15k budget and i put my not selling high margin stock to you.

As i reached late and had to leave urgently i left the shop and left the place.The shop name was Lappie World in line of computer selection.

DevilGamer

Broken In
@magnet You can try out online shopping if you like :)

HP Laptop Price India, HP Pavilion G6-2005AX (AMD Quad Core/4gb/500gb/1GB,Buy HP Laptops Online - Infibeam.com

far

Keep Going!
got an offer at hp showroom for 32.5k ...he wont go below that....I was expecting infibeam price at the store..::p

magnet

Youngling
@magnet You can try out online shopping if you like :)

HP Laptop Price India, HP Pavilion G6-2005AX (AMD Quad Core/4gb/500gb/1GB,Buy HP Laptops Online - Infibeam.com

Infibeam is that reputed enough to deal with.

I have used ebay.And also heard good reviews about sulekha.

I am also waiting for sleekbook and just read in usa thay have started taking preorders on HP ENVY Sleekbook 6z-1000 .
I guess ill wait for another week.If still no details come out than might purchase it.

Also if some competitor comes price will directly touch 30k max i feel.Would support me much better in other purchases.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Any idea why we dont see any competitor coming up with new model from same tree?

Asus have launched similar model but haven't reached India yet. Acer will be late & Dell is not interested in AMD stuff.

Also why the sleekbook base on trinity not entered so far.

Thats why i wanted to know. Well Sleekbook is launched 10 days back so it should be launched by next month. 30k Sleekbook will steal quite a few intel customers as even with a very low clocked processor, it looks great.

I enquired at one shop in lammington mumbai.And the guy quote me 28k.

I said ill buy but the price you quoting looks cheap hence to be sure i need to see the box in front to verify specification.Than i thought he is calling someone on mobile but later found out busy updating his facebook status.I left the spot.

I also wanted to buy logitech g400 mouse and samsung wifi router but he look least interested in business.He wanted that people to buy who just say give me a config of i3 within 15k budget and i put my not selling high margin stock to you.

As i reached late and had to leave urgently i left the shop and left the place.The shop name was Lappie World in line of computer selection.

we had one thread in H/W section (deleted) saying lappie world is fraud or so and now they treat you like that. i am not surprised at all :grin:

And also heard good reviews about sulekha.

ssk_the_gr8 had quite an experience with Sulekha. no bill received with phone ordered from Sulekha. And this is one of the many incidents i read about Sulekha. Best will be to stay away from them.

Also if some competitor comes price will directly touch 30k max i feel.Would support me much better in other purchases.

Hope HP launches a G4/G6 with A10/A8 without any GPU. They have DV6 with A10 but that will cost 38-40k.

magnet

Youngling
Just read in liliputing that hp has started taking pre orders for sleekbook base on amd chips

HP Envy 6 Sleekbook with AMD now available for $600 - Liliputing

Now ill buy this same config at 30k price(g6 2005ax) or will wait for sleekbook .I wanted lappie on urgent basis now as i have to file my family returns (i have free time in my office where i can do the necessary workings)and i am already dilly-dailying it alot.

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
Please explorer the Heating issue more . coz i am considering this one to buy and i will play Mafia 2 on it.

shar_yogi

Broken In
Please explorer the Heating issue more . coz i am considering this one to buy and i will play Mafia 2 on it.

It goes to 76 degrees when u runs the game, while playing cod-mw3. mine goes upto max 76 C but it drops to 60-62 C after you exit the game within 10-15 sec.

*i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t367/yogi077/CoreTemp5-Scr.png

While surfing and doing some light task it remain 45-50 C

*i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t367/yogi077/CoreTemp1-Scr.png

Top Bottom