HP Pavilion G6 2005AX Review and Benchmarks

akbsol

Broken In
i spent my whole day yesterday trying to figure out the partitions to install windows vista to play halo 2.
Finally i shrink the space from c to that 100 mb partition and extended it and made it 20gb and installed windows in it. Hey guys do you know any way to backup the original windows 7 image of lappy other than that recovery image ? Just the windows..

Read my post above rish.

anoopjylive

Broken In
He will not be able to create any logical drives unless he deletes a primary partition to make space for the extended partition area (in which logical drives are created).
Yea right.Sorry.My bad..

I don't think so. was offered the same plus a 1 year antivirus subscription + CD for rs. 31750. Zebs cooling pads come in the range of rs. 180-1700, they try to give u the cheapest one. I am not sure which one shar_yogi got. Please post a pic of it. But I guess the total cost of these goodies to us wouldn't be 500 at best. Those shopkeepers must be procuring these for even lesser. Anyways 31800 is still a very good price if the goodies are useful for shar_yogi.
Yea.the point.Will try to get without the goodies. In between @shar_yogi: if you could post some pics that would be helpful.

shar_yogi

Broken In
@akbsol : thnks for the suggestion will try the second option by removing the recovery partition as a recovery DVD can made for it.

The cooling pad i got is worth Rs 300 confirmed from local retailer. Facing some problem while uploading the pics will do as soon as possible.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Games Goblin, thnks for the review it helped me buy me my first laptop bought it yesterday from Delhi.

I think its time you guys make a HP G6 2005AX discussion thread ;)

Purchased from Laptop World a retailer in NP for Rs. 31,800. The goodies provided a mouse, headphone, a zebronic's cooling pad, cleaning kit and HP Bag

quite a number of goodies. congrats on the purchase.

1. Take the risk of merging boot and system partitions into one. Possible but not a straightforward job.

and that will make the system unbootable i suppose.

2. Sacrifice either recovery or hp_tools partition for the time being.

why not a chean install of windows and use the serial number given at the bottom of the laptop.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Awesome Review, Impressive Benchmark Result/Scores You could try playing Crysis 2,BF3,COD MW3 and GTA 4 I bet it would look good
If your having any issue: Update the drivers:wink:

shar_yogi

Broken In
Thnks @sam

Well the pics.

*i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t367/yogi077/Photo0695.jpg

The HP Bag
*i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t367/yogi077/Photo0694.jpg

The cooling pad( Working as a good stand rather then the cooling pad)
*i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t367/yogi077/Photo0693-1.jpg

anoopjylive

Broken In
I think its time you guys make a HP G6 2005AX discussion thread ;)
Quite right. ;) And more members joining the club soon.. :)

and that will make the system unbootable i suppose
I too am having the doubt

why not a chean install of windows and use the serial number given at the bottom of the laptop.
Same opinion.That would give a fresh clean OS and you can configure your partitions like you wish too.But do remember to backup important files and backup files,drivers etc.Or you can download it from HP site too

akbsol

Broken In
and that will make the system unbootable i suppose.

Not a job for faint the hearted. If not done correctly can render the system un-bootable but with the recovery partition in place even that can be rectified. There are numerous threads on web on how to delete the 100mb reserved partition and make the windows own partition bootable. More or less they all refer to the same method of copying boot loader files to the windows partition and then doing a startup repair from the recovery cd/partition.

I just gave the option. Not suggesting to take it :-D

The serial will work for Home Basic only. The pre-installed system is all ready bug free install with all the drivers, utilities and genuine office starter in place. Don't know whether it would be wise to let it go completely. Wouldn't doing a custom install render the recovery partition too unusable as its a image of a different windows installation?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
TThe cooling pad( Working as a good stand rather then the cooling pad)
*i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t367/yogi077/Photo0693-1.jpg

by the looks of it i can say it'll cost at most 200 not more than that. its more worth as a stand than a cooling pad.

Wouldn't doing a custom install render the recovery partition too unusable as its a image of a different windows installation?

why should one care about recovery partition? you can reinstall Windows if any problem creeps up or make a recovery image from the installed windows without any of the HP bloatwares.

akbsol

Broken In
why should one care about recovery partition? you can reinstall Windows if any problem creeps up or make a recovery image from the installed windows without any of the HP bloatwares.

because it constitutes some part of 31-32k :mrgreen::mrgreen:

There aren't many HP softwares installed to call it a bloated system.

vds5344

Broken In
what about max payne guys? This one is nice budget friendly alternative to new inspiron 15r? The difference is 3rd generation i5 and price about 10k more

far

Keep Going!
Guys... this very laptop G6 2005 AX is selling for 31999 on snapdeal...should one go for it despite of the bad exp of the OP with snapdeal ?

far

Keep Going!
HP Pavilion G6-2005AX infibeam @ 31,980. Now why should one bang his head with snapdeal.

Thanks Sam..

BTW Flipkart is offering it for 33,390 with HP back pack , cooling master cool pad and card reader...

Is the cooling pad and card reader worth 1.4k more ?.. :O

Initially I was looking for 3~4 yrs at 55 k laptop which I will be using for development...watch videos and browsing only..
i think this AMD quadcore would suffice my multitasking .. 32k buy this ..and use it for couple of yrs then go for the next laptop... what say ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
BTW Flipkart is offering it for 33,390 with HP back pack , cooling master cool pad and card reader...

Is the cooling pad and card reader worth 1.4k more ?.. :O

backpack is offered by everyone. and card reader hardly cost 50 bucks. So cooling pad is costing 1.4k. depends what exact cooling pad is being provided. But better to do some R&D and then go for a cooling pad. Cooler Master doesn't mean quality always. They make as well as rebrand others stuff. So Flipkart may offer some 500-600 bucks cooling pad to make the deal look better.

Initially I was looking for 3~4 yrs at 55 k laptop which I will be using for development...watch videos and browsing only..
i think this AMD quadcore would suffice my multitasking .. 32k buy this ..and use it for couple of yrs then go for the next laptop... what say ?

this should last 4yrs. All you'll need is a battery change and maybe a SSD when prices fall to 100GB for 3k.

far

Keep Going!
Flipkart has mentioned goodies worth Rs1180 only.. I beleive they gonna give only 500-600 bucks cooling pad.. they said they will be providing a basic model cooling pad..
I guess better to buy separately if required...

@ Sam

my query..this quad core should suffice my devlopment activities.. right ?

vds5344

Broken In
oh GOD this laptop is awesome but it's processor's speed gotta be 2.8 ghz? Oc possible?
I've been searching if it would be able to run the max payne 3 but didn't get any answer.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Flipkart has mentioned goodies worth Rs1180 only.. I beleive they gonna give only 500-600 bucks cooling pad.. they said they will be providing a basic model cooling pad..
I guess better to buy separately if required...
1180 is the MRP for sure and same cooler will be sold at flipkart or other online portals for ~500.

@ Sam

my query..this quad core should suffice my devlopment activities.. right ?
unless you development apps list required processor as 2.5Ghz+ Core i5. it should be sufficient.

oh GOD this laptop is awesome but it's processor's speed gotta be 2.8 ghz? Oc possible?
Bios is locked. So softwares can't do anything.

I've been searching if it would be able to run the max payne 3 but didn't get any answer.
*www.notebookcheck.net/typo3temp/pics/eff71457ad.jpg
A10 with fGPU runs the game at 24FPS. Add HD7670M and FPS should get boosted to 30+

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
never heard anyone doing so. moreover GPUs are usually soldered to the motherboard's PCB or the GPU PCB is soldered to motherboards PCB to save space most of the time. Moreover these motherboards use bios that make them compatible with the GPU in use only so as to allow switchable GPU, customize fan speed, display brightness limit, etc. So if you pull out a GT540M and replace it with a 7670M, laptop mayn't turn off.

Top Bottom