How to use .srt files or subtitles while playing a video or movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabret00the

Youngling
Hi guys I'am yet to find out a way to see the subtitles using the .srt file that have downloaded with a video..please help..:cry:

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
1.Download VLC Player
2.Open VLC Player
3.Follow the below attached screenshots
*i27.tinypic.com/2sacg9w.jpg

*i27.tinypic.com/2pqj6mp.jpg

Under Open, open respective AVI File
Enable Use a subtitle file and add the subtitle file
Click OK and enjoy the movie

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Alternatively, you can rename your srt file to the same as your video file. eg. if your video file is movie.avi, rename your srt file to movie.srt, install a codecs pack (k-lite codec pack) and u r done

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Yeah, Go to Casanova's way if u wanna remain with ur same media player and use techtronic's if u want to use VLC. BTW VLC is really great. :D:D

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
very simple method to use .srt file
If you use K-Lite codec pack
Or windows media player classic
Just rename the .srt file to the name exactly same as the movie video u wanna watch
Put them in same folder n enjoy :D

For example if you have a movie called "Rendition.avi"
Just rename the srt file to "Rendition.srt"

mobileman

In the zone
hi,

can anyone guide me too,

well, that is the advantage of this to use in videos?

be kind

thanking you in advance

mobileman

OP
sabret00the

sabret00the

Youngling
hi,

can anyone guide me too,

well, that is the advantage of this to use in videos?

be kind

thanking you in advance

mobileman

hey buddy .srt files are downloaded to view subtitles for movies and videos downloaded as dvd rip from torrents..hope that helps

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Use K-Lite codec pack's latest version along with Direct VOBSub plug-in which should do the trick for directly synching the subtitles.If it's a .avi movie file downloaded via torrents then make sure you rename the .srt subtitle file to the exact same name as your movie file.Eg: Matrix_Revolution_1.avi (for movie) & Matrix_Revolution_1.srt (or .sub for the subtitle file).Remember if the file names differ then it won't pick up the subtitle directly.;)

@mobileman:The advantage of using a subtitle in a movie is to pick up some words which are not heard properly by some people.Usually many words are spoken softly,wisphered,spoken too fast or in a slang manner.So to get those words you can have subtitles enabled to let you know what's happening.Alternatively it acts as a translation for watching different language movies/non-native language movies.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
the simple and the best method is explained by casanova
just rename the *.srt file to the name of the video file.

example if the name of the video file is "terminator.avi" then rename the srt file to "terminator.srt", now when you play the video file the subtitile file is automatically loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom