How to Turn Off Cordless Mouse and Keyboard when not in use

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone

I have purchased Cordless Logitech Ex 90 (Mouse and Keyboard) , and installed 2 batteries in mouse and also in keyboard

i cant turn off the mouse , i am pressing green button and also removing the receiver from usb

port then also there is light in mouse. Why any idea.
YEs i am pressing green button but nothing happens . i dont want to drain batteries when not in

use.

Also how many hours do batteries work any idea. Like if i use mouse for 5 Hours daily then
when will be battaries be drained.

assasin

Banned
the GREEN button at the bottom of the mouse is for connecting the mouse with the receiver.the only way to switch off the mouse is to manually remove the batteries.
the batteries sud last for bout 3 months.
even i've used the Logitech EX-90 and at present i'm using a MS wireless kbd and mouse.even i've to remove the mouse batt to save batt pwr.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
As far as i know , those have a built in timer to switch off power if the kb/ms is inactive for a certain amount of time ... atleast the one's i've used and the one i'm using does ... i never turn off anything besides my pc ....

As for battery , keyboard one should run over 6 months easy .. mine rusn even longer :D ... and for mouse it depends on how much u use it .. while gaming , running on two AA batteries , it goes to just over a week , while with less of gaming , the max i hit was just under a month

Overall it actually depends on the type of combo ur using , its build and the quality ..

moshel

Padawan
assasin said:

I used to own a Microsoft Wireless mouse and the batteries did last 2 to 3 months.

But a frnd of mine is telling me that the batteries in his wireless mouse last for 4 to 5 days only. wat do u think wud be the problem. im not sure which brand of mouse he is using but its either logitech or microsoft.

shantanu

Technomancer
My keyboard mouse is having the off button.. and its about 7 months old, and still i havent changed the batteries :p , its Laser Mouse and both are bluetooth :) (microsoft) ,

anand1

In the zone
Right Shantanu mine too the latest one might be having the same.
Anyways even it is not there then nothing to worry as the device is designed in such a way that when the mouce or keyboard is not in use then it goes in a sleep mode and consumes almost negligible power because their design compells them to do so.
so nothing to worry much...!

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
assasin said:
the GREEN button at the bottom of the mouse is for connecting the mouse with the receiver.the only way to switch off the mouse is to manually remove the batteries.
even i've used the Logitech EX-90 and at present i'm using a MS wireless kbd and mouse.even i've to remove the mouse batt to save batt pwr.

Thanks all for the replies
Only 1 question so should i remove the batteries of mouse and keyboard when not in use. Ofcouse i will use every day.

assasin

Banned
^^^ no need 2 remove the kbd batts.u may remove the mouse batts if wont use it for more than 5hrs.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
I have Microsoft Wirelesss Combo 1000 Series and the batteries lasted for Mouse like 4 months....Keyboard i hvet changed and this is now 5 th month :)

gulgulumaal

Broken In
AMITAGARWAL02 said:
Mine batteries for mouse is over , They did not ran for long .
Dont use normal batteries for ur wireless keyboard/mouse. They wont last very long especially the batteries for ur mouse. Even if u use alkaline batteries, they'll still be a big drain on ur pocket for continuous use.

Get some good NiMH batteries of atleast 2000 mAh capacity or more. Try to get Sanyo or Sony or some good brand and also a fast charger for it. Then u wont have to worry abt ur batteries running out.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
gulgulumaal said:
Dont use normal batteries for ur wireless keyboard/mouse. They wont last very long especially the batteries for ur mouse. Even if u use alkaline batteries, they'll still be a big drain on ur pocket for continuous use.

Get some good NiMH batteries of atleast 2000 mAh capacity or more. Try to get Sanyo or Sony or some good brand and also a fast charger for it. Then u wont have to worry abt ur batteries running out.

Where to get NiMH batteries of atleast 2000 mAh capacity
and do we have to charge that batteries , and i never heard NiMH batteries.
How much they cost . mine mouse need 2 batteries.

Yes i am using alkaline batteries that came with the mouse.

gulgulumaal

Broken In
AMITAGARWAL02 said:
Where to get NiMH batteries of atleast 2000 mAh capacity
and do we have to charge that batteries , and i never heard NiMH batteries.
How much they cost . mine mouse need 2 batteries.

Yes i am using alkaline batteries that came with the mouse.

Usually u can get Nimh batteries at shops which sell digital cameras and accessories. But it'll usually be somewhat costly at those places.Or u can pick them up at shops which sell electronic components.

Not sure abt the latest prices. Batteries I think cost around Rs 100-150 per piece.

I bought mine more than a year back. I bought the "Eveready" model (4x 2100mAH batteries + fast charger) which is available in most supermarkets. Cost me around Rs 900 I think.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
i put the batteries on 4 nov and it is over today 15 nov
so it worked for just 11 days .

i have put EveReady batteries

The original batteries that came with the mouse lasted longer.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ donot use zinc carbon batteries.. they are useless..

use Alkaline batteries like Duracell..
or better get a set of rechargable batteries.. usually rechargable batteries comes in 600 mAH .. try getting higher ones.. I have 1600 mAH batteries. :) it has more capacity

Last edited:

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
I would like to know whether AAA batteries -- that the mice take usually -- is available in 1600mAH capacities. I think they max out at 900mAH and even these are difficult to find. What one usually gets is 600mAH. Please correct me if I am wrong.
AA batteries are available upto 2500mAH capacity but only the Keyboards usually take it.

oulmaca

Right off the assembly line

I have purchased Cordless Logitech Ex 90 (Mouse and Keyboard) , and installed 2 batteries in mouse and also in keyboard

i cant turn off the mouse , i am pressing green button and also removing the receiver from usb

port then also there is light in mouse. Why any idea.
YEs i am pressing green button but nothing happens . i dont want to drain batteries when not in

use.

Also how many hours do batteries work any idea. Like if i use mouse for 5 Hours daily then
when will be battaries be drained.

You Keybord will only use power when you press a key and your mouse will go into a sleep mode after about 20 min. The batteries for the mouse last for up to 30 to 60 days. Your keybord's batteries will last for up to 240 days. Your mouse uses the most power whene you move it.

anispace

dattebayo
seems unbelievable but my keyboard batteries(Duracell) havnt died since i purchased my HP Pavilion 3 yrs ago ;)

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
I just use rechargeable for my MS Wireless Combo,

removing the batteries is not a good option man, you cant expect to be doing this 2-3 times a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom