How to stop MS Office from accessing Windows installation drive?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
How to stop MS Office from accessing/occupying Windows installation drive space?

As the title says, I really need to know this.
Yesterday I installed MS Office Pro Plus in my Windows 7 x64, on a different partition but not the /C partition where my Windows is installed. But strangely it took 2 GB from /F (where I actually installed it) and also another 2 GB from /C drive as well. This is annoying and I now have only 2 GB left in C drive.
In anyway can I stop this? I already uninstalled and re-installed in /F partition but same.
Any kind of help is more than appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Rishab2oo

Keep honking I'm reloadin
Installation files of MS Office are copied in a folder named MSOCache in root folder of system partion. Delete it if you don't want to modify office installation and to increase disk space.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Can you please check how many space allocated for Virtual Memory.
P.S-My suggestion is not related to MS office..Just suggesting for low desk space in /C drive

To check see the screenshot
:-

1)Press Windows+pause break to system control panel
*i.imgur.com/Ye86O.jpg
2)Then click on Advance System Settings
*i.imgur.com/6v6kK.jpg
3)Then click on Performance Tab.
*i.imgur.com/6v6kK.jpg
4)Under Performance tab click on Advanced tab
*i.imgur.com/YzGTH.jpg
5)Click on Change button to view the amount of space allocated to each drive.
*i.imgur.com/Gbe3t.jpg
Also delete recent restore point if needed.:)

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Installation files of MS Office are copied in a folder named MSOCache in root folder of system partion. Delete it if you don't want to modify office installation and to increase disk space.
Thanks, I'll delete it.
Would it affect the office based saved files?
Can you please check how many space allocated for Virtual Memory.
P.S-My suggestion is not related to MS office..Just suggesting for low desk space in /C drive

To check see the screenshot
:-

1)Press Windows+pause break to system control panel
*i.imgur.com/Ye86O.jpg
2)Then click on Advance System Settings
*i.imgur.com/6v6kK.jpg
3)Then click on Performance Tab.
*i.imgur.com/6v6kK.jpg
4)Under Performance tab click on Advanced tab
*i.imgur.com/YzGTH.jpg
5)Click on Change button to view the amount of space allocated to each drive.
*i.imgur.com/Gbe3t.jpg
Also delete recent restore point if needed.:)
Wow, I forgot about that cache settings. Thanks dude.
Here is mine, it's 8 GB? Should I decrease it?
*i42.tinypic.com/25taxau.jpg

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Yeah decrease it.Set 1024Mb only for /c drive, for others set blank(see the pics below).That will be enough i think.I am too allocated 1024 MB for /c, have same physical RAM as yours.

*i.imgur.com/Gbe3t.jpg

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah decrease it.Set 1024Mb only for /c drive, for others set blank(see the pics below).That will be enough i think.I am too allocated 1024 MB for /c, have same physical RAM as yours.

Hell yes, done that, rebooted system, it took a while in starting, but /C drive now has 9 GB. Thanks a lot.
BTW- What the hell is that Virtual Memory stuff and the recommended size is 12 GB, are you kidding me?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Virtual memory is the portion of hard disk created and used by OS to use it as virtual RAM. The recommended size is one and half times of RAM, but user changable.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Restore points,Hibernation files takes lots of space & even virtual memory...

OP has 8GB of RAM so he should allocate atleast 1.5*8 = 12GB of virtual memory

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
OP has 8GB of RAM so he should allocate atleast 1.5*8 = 12GB of virtual memory

From where did you get that? :lol:
Its not right.

Default virtual memory differs between 2-4GB which is always allocated in C drive. That's enough iff anyone disable hibernation, which is pretty much useless BTW.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
From where did you get that? :lol:
Its not right.

Default virtual memory differs between 2-4GB which is always allocated in C drive. That's enough iff anyone disable hibernation, which is pretty much useless BTW.

FYI according to Windows recommendation, virtual memory, rather page file to be more precise must be equal to RAM and maximum upto 3 times of RAM, as per requirement. But either equal to RAM or 1.5 times is de facto, or by default. I hope you get it. :)

Top Bottom