How to convince someone to get an Android instead of the iPhone

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Garbage, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Garbage

Garbage God of Mistakes...

Source - Androinica » How to convince someone to get an Android instead of the iPhone

2. Sarath

Sarath iDota

LOL...fail on one point.

I think except all the root apps the ones by developers are always released first on iOS and I don't know why.

> )

Asking someone to shift from iOS to Android is like telling someone to ditch their auto transmission and shift to manual gears

3. xvetox123

xvetox123 New Member

LOL you cant convince an iPhone buyer into buying an Android from my experience.

4. sam

sam Forum Moderator Staff Member

maybe cause some apps available on ios are paid while there maybe an ad-supported free version for Android. or maybe to design the game for a single mobile (iphone) then port it to Android where there are thousands of mobiles with all different specs.

5. red dragon

red dragon Master troll

It is not only about apps.90% useless on both platform anyways.
    Iphone has better battery life,much better s.q than most droids(specially those bad,practically unusable htc phones)

6. xvetox123

xvetox123 New Member

Different specs across different models definitely make developers think twice before developing for the Android.

7. Sarath

Sarath iDota

^Yeah me too, I am amazed at the iphones battery life and now am spewing anger at my short performing Android :mad:

8. Anorion

Anorion New Member

If I get a droid that plays protoxide or fractal combat Id buy it. Like run to a store and buy it, seriously. Ive been waiting forever for some new top apps to show up on the android app store (do they ever?). The iStore has new games coming every day and the scene is just far more competitive. And if you are on an endless stream of top notch apps, you wont waste time deciding how the UI looks, or choosing which software to use to unlock your screen in a groovy way. Droid people spend so much time rooting and customizing just because they dont have any good apps lol. Who really wants to decide and change how the device uses the battery? Id rather be mystified by it, and blame the devs for not doing their jobs well enough, plug my phone in to a point and get on with what I was really doing. With an Android if you wanna do something you have to first decide whether or not you want background services turned on or off, do that, then go on to what you are doing... its almost as unnecessarily complicated as a berry. Oh plus I dont have to go to a service center to upgrade my OS, how awesome is that? Sorry, not sold yet. Just one question, does a droid just work? Nope, not until the next OS upgrade, but an iPhone does.

9. Sarath

Sarath iDota

^^Haha although I would agree with you on certain (many) points, the android scene isn't as muddled as you picture it. It is grim but not the apocalyptic way you put it :))

Android just suffers from fragmentation, poor battery life, less developer interest, custom UIs which can sometimes slow down the device (and sometimes get you sued=sammy ;))

I was told Android has widgets and awesome homescreens and yes it did. Later I was told that to make the phone run faster you should close all (recommended) or most widget and have fewer homescreens :shock: I was Wt#; yeah that makes it symbian again :p

#=hell

10. sygeek

sygeek Active Member

To be honest, this article doesn't make sense. Don't force your opinions on others. Let them play with both the devices, iPhone N and your preferable Android phone. They'll choose the one they prefer, not you.

I think average users, the one you don't see on the internet, should just go for an iPhone. They're better of with it than an Android-based phone. Unless, the person is a power user, he wouldn't go for an iPhone at the first place.

Of course, if you know the person's preferences and despite that he's going against Android just for the sake of class and all the other BS that flies around, he's a fanboy. Let him buy and make him suffer for it.

If it were me, I would create a Venn diagram (with major points in bold), pointing out features to why buy each of those phones and the unified features lie in the coinciding region. And then, ask the person about his preferences, cross-reference with the diagram, and the product which overcomes the other, with his preferences, is the choice.

11. Anorion

Anorion New Member

the thing im dissed about is that the so called advantages that android has over the iphone are (a) not advantages and (b) disadvantages. Not everyone needs customisation if theres a good pre-made product. UI? please the less UI the better as the Nexus S shows... I cud go through all the other so called advantages of android, but I wont. I just believe true fanboys are the first to bring out the worst in their tech... ill go with apple the regional restrictions on content sucks big time, its like you are having only 1/6th of the device that could have been changed if you just registered with a different country. This is worse than having 1/3rd of the device you get when you purchase a droid, the remaining being packaged in updates down the line. I like droids, droids are economical and economical tech is always good. Its cheaper to buy like 5 01s second hand and fire up a game and pay schoolkids candy by the hour to farm item drops, rather than attempting that with 5 iphones. The thing is apple got the whole you get lost in the app and the device doesnt really matter anymore thing first, which is why their older devices still kick ass. The whole mobile arena is apocalyptic (its the very best word possible) its changing like crazy every second and nobody has any idea where its going or what they are doing, and everyone is trying to emulate apple because they are making the most money doing what they are doing. So there must be something that they are doing better than everyone else at the moment. Of course, all of this doesnt matter when you fire up that one killer cross platform app that everyone is using irrespective of the platform, because thats where the party is at.
    @sygeek good idea figuring out the diagram lol making a list of possible factors haha

12. clmlbx

clmlbx Active Member

:lol: this thread has become more ""Why to buy Iphone instead of Android" instead what it was.:grin: But Big factor here who none have mention is price factor.. These debate will only occur with one who is going to buy High end Phone (around 30K ).. And I believe android Beats Iphone in Price. I haven't used both of it (still stuck with Symbian:mad: which I bought around 16 months ago) but AFAIK u can get almost everything in android that u have in iphone. that too most of it almost free of charge. where in Apple u have to pay for everything..

here I am comparing Iphone with 20-25K around phones.. even mid-range phones can have some Fun

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  13. Liverpool_fan

Liverpool_fan Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend

On the other hand there are only two words enough to convince an Android user to move to iPhone - Battery Life.

14. Anorion

Anorion New Member

ok listen dont think of iphones or flagship droid products as the latest or the best case in point "Dont get the S now that the SII is out" or "dont get an iPod 4 now a new one is going to be released in two months"... all of this stuff is irrelevent because of the cross platform nature of things now, all the magic is in that one app that is going to eat all your time, so any screen will eventually start doing it, so the 10-20k extra for the most upgraded model is not really making your phone that much better

15. ico

ico Super Moderator Staff Member

The moment I flash my phone which has my and my beautiful girlfriend's pic set as the wallpaper, everyone wants to get my phone for a thorough look.

16. pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004 New Member

^^ impressive.. which phone you r using??

and be careful.. may b they want to have an another glance of your gf wallpaper.. :p

17. ico

ico Super Moderator Staff Member

^ Samsung Galaxy SII.