How to add files to bootable iso image

Status
Not open for further replies.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Mount the iso image in a virtual drive (you may use Nero Image drive or Daemon Tools for this ) ..
Extract the boot sector of the cd using Isobuster.
Copy the contents of the cd to a folder ... modify the contents as you want ..
Now create a bootable disk using Nero and giving the boot image as the image file you saved earlier. ..

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
it_waaznt_me said:
Mount the iso image in a virtual drive (you may use Nero Image drive or Daemon Tools for this ) ..
Extract the boot sector of the cd using Isobuster.
Copy the contents of the cd to a folder ... modify the contents as you want ..
Now create a bootable disk using Nero and giving the boot image as the image file you saved earlier. ..

I can't understand the concept of cd boot sector. will you plz elaborate on how to Extract the boot sector of the cd using Isobuster. Also what is diff between bootable and non bootable image

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
*img235.imageshack.us/img235/5087/isobusterscreenyvw3.th.png

^^ Check the screeny .. You can extract the boot sector using Isobuster .. It will save as bootsector.img ..

Later when you want to make your cd bootable, you can use this image as the boot file ..
I dont have Nero installed so cant post that screeny ..

CA50

Cyborg Agent
it_waaznt_me said:
*img235.imageshack.us/img235/5087/isobusterscreenyvw3.th.png

^^ Check the screeny .. You can extract the boot sector using Isobuster .. It will save as bootsector.img ..

Later when you want to make your cd bootable, you can use this image as the boot file ..
I dont have Nero installed so cant post that screeny ..

Hi
pal plz give th elink 4 isobuster.:cool: :cool: :cool:

CA50

Cyborg Agent
THANKS 4 DA LINK

hi pal i hva GEEXBOX iso file which is a bootable media player free with digit nov06 cd. As the file size is very small i edited it using magic iso and burned it to a cd, the other datas works fine the cd is also bootable, but when booting 4m it the GEEXBOX loads to say 70-80% and my pc turns off.

This prob is not seen when i burn only the GEEXBOX bootable file. I used the Magic ISO burn engine, coz if i burn it using Nero 7 then the disc is doesn`t work properly.

dreamzchm

Web Design Hobbyist
You already got many answers. You can also use power iso for doing this. if u use iso buster then first extraxt the boot image onto the Hdd and then extrct all the files . now you can make a bootable cd using nero or roxio adding all the files you need and providing the boot image u extracted first from the original bootable cd you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom