How much can I sell my old stuff for?

moltenskull

Journeyman
How much can I expect for the following?

1) Logitech Driving Force GT,bought in 2014 October.

2) Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience 2-in-1,probably 5-7 years old.

3) ASRock 970 Extreme4 Motherboard ,bought in 2013.

All the above were in fully working condition when detached from my PC. Currently using an MSI Motherboard and a G29+TH8A.

Also,I have a Sapphire R9 280X Tri X OC edition,which is idling at 50 degrees and maxes out at 78,with fans on auto. It is not in warranty. [If] I sell it,how much can I expect?

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
I want to jump to Apple.

How much should I expect for a 2 year old dell laptop
configuration-
Dell Vostro 14 V3446 Notebook 4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ 2 GB Graph/ Windows 10 Pro (licensed)

ezio16

Journeyman
Hi,

This is the specification of the HTPC I'm going to get.
It was bought in 2016 Feb or March.

Samsung S23B370 Monitor 23" FHD
Inside HTPC:
Intel Core - i7 6700
Gigabyte Z170N-WIFI-CF Rev 1.0
HyperX DDR4 RAM 8 GB 2133 MHZ

How much is it worth to pay for this ?
Please help me give an estimate.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hi,

This is the specification of the HTPC I'm going to get.
It was bought in 2016 Feb or March.

Samsung S23B370 Monitor 23" FHD
Inside HTPC:
Intel Core - i7 6700
Gigabyte Z170N-WIFI-CF Rev 1.0
HyperX DDR4 RAM 8 GB 2133 MHZ

How much is it worth to pay for this ?
Please help me give an estimate.
What would be the purpose of this HTPC?

ezio16

Journeyman
I'll buy a new Case+PSU and shift the components from there to new case, then add a GPU and gonna use it for gaming.

niz04

Journeyman
How much i can get for asus b85 pro gamer and intel 4690 bought in 2015 aug?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

quicky008

Technomancer
is an intel core i5 4400+gigabyte h85 d3ha motherboard worth buying for Rs 10000?They are around 2.5-3 years old but appear to be in decent condition.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would never advice anyone to buy a 3 year old mobo,processor is also quite old.I suggest waiting & saving few thousands more to get a new combo(7th gen intel or Ryzen).

quicky008

Technomancer
^Point noted.But a 7th gen intel cpu or a newer amd ryzen chip itself costs 14k or more whereas this i5 4400+mobo combo is being sold for Rs 10000.Are you suggesting to avoid buying a 3 years old mobo as its out of warranty and is susceptible to the risk of failing at any time?

I also came across another offer where someone was selling an amd fx 6300+gigabyte ga 970 Ds3+ram for roughly the same price (~9-10k).Is the gigabyte ga 970 ds3 a reliable board?Many users on sites like newegg and amazon have reported that this board started to malfunction after a few months of usage.Does anyone on TDF have any experience with this particular mobo?

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
buying old CPU is usually fine , buying old motherboard is risky .. if you are strict on budget , it would be better to buy Pentium G4560 + new mobo .. G4560 is also a good cheap CPU equivalent to Core i5 2300 and should be a good upgrade over your existing CPU , unless even this CPU is not sufficient for your workload/futureproofing ..
then wait a few months for Core i3 8100 to launch .. i3 8100 should be faster than i5 4400 going by leaked specs( 4c/4t 3.6 ghz ) which would cost you around 14-14.5k total with mobo.. or go for Ryzen 3 if you can't wait..

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As @gta5 said above,it is risky to buy an old mobo.As for processor,unless you have a specific requirement to use 4 cores it is better to wait a few weeks/months or go with G4560.

quicky008

Technomancer
Will the newer i3s come with 4 cores unlike their older counterparts that had just 2 cores?If yes,then its definitely an improvement and a step in the right direction.But i hope these newer cpus wont cost significantly higher just because they feature 2 additional cores.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Will the newer i3s come with 4 cores unlike their older counterparts that had just 2 cores?If yes,then its definitely an improvement and a step in the right direction.But i hope these newer cpus wont cost significantly higher just because they feature 2 additional cores.

yup .. they should only be marginally expensive than last year launch prices .. so i3 8100 shouldn't cost more than 10k -max 10.5k ( assuming dollar rate stays same ) .. intel is in pressure this time from AMD...

i3 - 4 cores / 4 threads
i5 - 6 cores / 6 threads
i7 - 6 cores /12 threads

Coffee Lake's leaked pricing proves Intel are serious about toppling AMD's Ryzen

2nd hand prices of current and old i5 and i7 will take a significant hit..

Last edited:

yabbadaaba

Broken In
How much can I expect for the following -

i5 2400
4GB DDR3@665mhz
intel DH67CL
msi radeon 7850
500gb WD
asus drw-24B5ST
corsair GS600
nzxt 210 elite

Everything is in perfect working condition and around 3 years old.

Top Bottom