How much can I sell my old stuff for?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I recently upgraded to Ryzen so I have the old components for sale.

Motherboard - MSI 970A-G43 bought in Jun 2016. 2 x 8GB DDR3 1866MHz Kingston HyperX FURY bought in July 2016.

How much can I expect for the Motherboard (costs 10k in SP Road, Bangalore now) and each of the RAM sticks?

Are you still selling the mobo? Is it a gaming mobo?

ssb1551

Technomancer
Yeah only the board is left. I just couriered the RAM modules. The model number is exactly what I have mentioned.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
there is 1 factor to consider... if you sell later when 8th gen intel CPU launches .. your i5 and mobo may take a hit in price.. if i5 is going to be a 6 core or atleast 4c/8t ... your i5 will be reduced to an overclockable i3 ..
just like how i3 got reduced to pentium , excluding current inflation , i doubt anybody would be paying more than 4.5-5k for even a 8-9 month old i3 6100 , when you have G4560 at 4.6k ..

.. and there are very less chances that z170 board will support 8th gen .. on the other hand moving to Ryzen 1400 is just a bad idea .. move to atleast Ryzen 1600 otherwise don't , forget about future and ride along as long as that processor doesn't start becoming significant bottleneck..

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
CPU "upgrade" won't be significant then. 6600k is probably sufficient for even a GTX 1080. As suggested, sell your GTX 950 (for 7-8k if you're lucky).
Yes, it's better to keep the i5 6600k but sell off the GTX950.

there is 1 factor to consider... if you sell later when 8th gen intel CPU launches .. your i5 and mobo may take a hit in price.. if i5 is going to be a 6 core or atleast 4c/8t ... your i5 will be reduced to an overclockable i3 ..
just like how i3 got reduced to pentium , excluding current inflation , i doubt anybody would be paying more than 4.5-5k for even a 8-9 month old i3 6100 , when you have G4560 at 4.6k ..

.. and there are very less chances that z170 board will support 8th gen .. on the other hand moving to Ryzen 1400 is just a bad idea .. move to atleast Ryzen 1600 otherwise don't , forget about future and ride along as long as that processor doesn't start becoming significant bottleneck..
I will keep this Processor until Ryzen Gen 2 arrives and will try to buy GTX1060 6GB or GTX1050Ti 4GB.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I suggest checking olx prices of same/similar cards in your city & then decide accordingly(like whether they are selling with original bill/warranty etc for which you can charge a premium). Usually people prefer to buy graphics card.mobo,hdd etc within city as there is always risk of damage/other factors in courier to another city/state.

Flash

Lost in speed
How much for Viewsonic va1716w 17" monitor, which was bought around 2010?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom