How can we compress a 2GB file to 500 kb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a software called UHARC which can compress to a gr8 extent but im not sure whether it can compress Gigabytes into kilobytes. worth trying once though. the software is available here : *brhack.net/mulder/public/downloads/UHARC_GUI.2005-11-24.exe

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
iwant2breakfree said:
there is a software called UHARC which can compress to a gr8 extent but im not sure whether it can compress Gigabytes into kilobytes. worth trying once though. the software is available here : *brhack.net/mulder/public/downloads/UHARC_GUI.2005-11-24.exe

What kind of stupid program is it? I downloaded, tried to compress an mpg file of 30 MB It took more than 40 minutes ( not a typo) to compress 50% of the file and file size is 15.5 MB :? another 45 minutes counts upto 1.5 hours to compress 1 file :? :? :? :?

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
sorry guys..... i can sent the file to you.. cuz.... yesterday.. when i see all the members saying that its impossible .. i just delete the file.. and now i have only the image file with me..... i'm trying to get the file again.. but that site is not responding.... i can give you tha link ... u can try yourself

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
The compression depends on the structure of the file.......

For example you cannot compress a compressed 200 Mb ZIP file by WinRAR or any other program to make it smaller........ It may be compressed to some extent but not much......

WinRAR is a very good compression program but it is a shareware....... Well, if you can tolerate Nags, you can even use it for free........
With the "Best" compression mode, it can do a good job.........

If you think anything of 200 Mb can be converted to 100 Mb or such, then you need to learn more.......

Just look at this for some surpries:
*crackmes.de/users/khattam/khattam_s_what_is_my_password_v14_copy_me_to_hdd/

Basically, it is a crackme but you can see some compression.........

The 200+ Mb file has been compressed to few kb..... This has worked to such an extent coz the compressed ISO file contains very little data and other parts are virtually blank (=other bytes are empty or similar)

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
ok.. i heard something like that..... first you make a best compression.. after that u have to make a hex-edit to making the file size..... is it possible.. cuz doing that, chance to damage the file.. m i right?

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
__Virus__ said:
iwant2breakfree said:

What kind of stupid program is it? I downloaded, tried to compress an mpg file of 30 MB It took more than 40 minutes ( not a typo) to compress 50% of the file and file size is 15.5 MB :? another 45 minutes counts upto 1.5 hours to compress 1 file :? :? :? :?

That's obvious,because MPEG itself is a compressed format,so u won't be able to acheive a high compression ratio.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
In context of games, the mini image can be the image of a 650MB ISO file, which comes to around 60KB or so.
There is no compression involved in it.

Basically, the game checks the start of a disc for "bad sectors". If they are there then the game is thought to be authentic and the game will start. When you read a full image you are reading the "bad sectors" at the start as well as all the other data.
The problem is that all the install data etc that takes up over 99% of the space, this data is not needed to start the game, only to install it.

What a mini-image does is keep only the data at the start that is used too authenticate the original disc.

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
this is the link.....
Code:
*rapidshare.de/files/9718800/Stacy.rar.html
now, the result follows....
Code:
File /files/9718800/Stacy.rar.html has been deleted.
Reason: THIS FILE IS FORBIDDEN TO BE SHARED! Complaints received.

ps: i'm posting the link bcuz of above post.. so i did. hope that i won't get any tags with my id from the mods and admins

pacman007

Right off the assembly line
The truth is that a torrent utility program can compress any gigawatt of file (docs, music, film, pics, program) into kilobytes. See *www.what-is-torrent.com/ and *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent For the rest of you...don't be so arrogant to assume you know everything, asserting that such a thing doesn't exist or the user is mistaken. Whatever the mind of man can imagine, it exists! :-D

Aspire

Padawan
The truth is that a torrent utility program can compress any gigawatt of file (docs, music, film, pics, program) into kilobytes. See *www.what-is-torrent.com/ and *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent For the rest of you...don't be so arrogant to assume you know everything, asserting that such a thing doesn't exist or the user is mistaken. Whatever the mind of man can imagine, it exists! :-D

First Post and has swept the Seniors off their feet

*www.gifs.net/Animation11/Science_and_Body/Hands_and_Feet/Clapping.gif

Guys, let alone that noob comment about torrent, lets stay on topic.

@warrior, can u find the link or recover the deleted file from ur hard disk ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom