How can I discharge stored up static electricity from my hands?

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by Cool Joe, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cool Joe

    Cool Joe The Black Waltz

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1,505
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    The Shed
    How can I remove static electricity stored in my hands? No wrist straps please.
     
  2. Cool G5

    Cool G5 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2006
    Messages:
    4,186
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Aamchi Mumbai !!!
    Touch your hands to some metallic object for a few moments, the static electricity will be removed.
     
  3. debsuvra

    debsuvra is NOT a PC/Mac

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2006
    Messages:
    974
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Pondicherry
    Touching a grounded metal object once in a while helps to remove static electricity generated in the body.

    If u want something professional then there are some professional devices available that control static electricity using alpha-emitting devices containing Polonium. :D
     
  4. OP
    Cool Joe

    Cool Joe The Black Waltz

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1,505
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    The Shed
    I read that touching a metallic tap is good. Is it really?
     
  5. pimpom

    pimpom New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2004
    Messages:
    1,357
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    0
  6. OP
    Cool Joe

    Cool Joe The Black Waltz

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1,505
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    The Shed
    ^Thanks for that :)
     
  7. patkim

    patkim Member

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2005
    Messages:
    628
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    You can touch a metalic object..but if the charge built on your hand is good enough then you might as well experiance a very small shock kind of feeling and you might as well see sparks between your hand and that object!!

    You would never know that there's static on your body unless it is discharged after being in contact with another conductive or semiconductive material.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page