Hotspot shield error

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys

My LAN used to disconnect everytime I started HSS on my computer. I followed the instructions from here

Hotspot Shield Problems Fixing: Hotspot Shield Disconnecting Internet After Installation (FIX).

HSS worked fine, I logged in using the username and password and as soon as my account added my computer alongside my phone on the website this error occurred

*oi61.tinypic.com/vgra7a.jpg

What just happened? I am using an old computer with windows XP is that a problem? Another question HSS keeps on running in the background in the computer. How to close or shut it down? It is not closing with Windows task manager.

Thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
that solution was for internet disconnection not lan disconnection.uninstall & then reinstall latest HSS version & allow any driver install(it should ask for one else there is some problem).also update your lan driver & i am hoping you are running at least XP service pack 2(recommended though is service pack 3).

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
that solution was for internet disconnection not lan disconnection.uninstall & then reinstall latest HSS version & allow any driver install(it should ask for one else there is some problem).also update your lan driver & i am hoping you are running at least XP service pack 2(recommended though is service pack 3).

Thanks for the prompt reply. Well isn't this message for LAN disconnection?

3.bp.blogspot.com/-NkBLyx-NfHs/Tf3xf4s19mI/AAAAAAAAACg/x9-VCkAsudI/s1600/Hotspot+shield+6.bmp

I installed the latest HSS, it didn't ask for any driver to be installed. How to update lan driver? Yes I am using XP SP 2. HSS keeps on running in the background in the computer. How to close or shut it down? It is not closing with Windows task manager.

Now the biggest question regarding that error, is my computer ok or is there any major issue that I should be aware of?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
vpn depends on a lan like driver which encrypts data between pc & vpn server.check in device manager--network adapters & you should have such driver along with usual lan driver.to update driver just right click selected driver in device manager & select update driver.as for HSS running in background some softwares use tray icon &/or some service to run continuously so try exiting HSS tray icon.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
vpn depends on a lan like driver which encrypts data between pc & vpn server.check in device manager--network adapters & you should have such driver along with usual lan driver.to update driver just right click selected driver in device manager & select update driver.as for HSS running in background some softwares use tray icon &/or some service to run continuously so try exiting HSS tray icon.

Sir what should I update?

*oi57.tinypic.com/121shhg.jpg

I have already exited the tray icon but still some hss related processes are running in the background.

Is my computer ok or is there any major issue that I should be aware of?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
leave the updating part for now.there should be another driver entry under network adapters.try installing a program called OpenVPN (just google it). The software comes with a TAP vpn uninstaller (which will override HSS's one, that way you can reinstall HSS after).

Top Bottom