Help in building new system

jsjs

Journeyman
Hi, just getting to point :-
I am thinking to build a gaming system around the coming month march. I will mainly play games and watch some movies, please help me. My budget is 120k . Thnx in advance

OP
jsjs

jsjs

Journeyman
^ok till then could you suggest me a full tower cab, my friend needs one now; he damaged his older one's side panel

^ok till then could you suggest me a full tower cab, my friend needs one now; he damaged his older one's side panel in a lan party, luckily the other components were safe

Last edited:
OP
jsjs

jsjs

Journeyman
Do you no any 2560x1650 gaming monitor, i think i will include one and increase the budget if needed. btw good cabby

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Try out a 3d monitor. Are you interested in 3d? Really feasible for your budget.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@jsjs

3d is going to take gaming into a whole new level and at a 125+ budget its really worthwhile to go for such a setup cause it will be something never seen or felt before.
i suggest you should seriously consider 3d for an expensive build like yours. 25+k for a monitor and 3dvision glasses are pretty ok imo considering the immersive effects you'll experience.

I have witnessed batman arkham asylum on my friend's gtx 460 and samsung 2233rz 3d monitor. The immersion is wonderful and beyond comprehension.
In a nutshell, its going to be a cut above the rest.

Last edited:
OP
jsjs

jsjs

Journeyman
I will love 3d, just the screen should be big. Now plz suggest a base config so that we can think of the build

I will love 3d, just the screen should be big. Now plz suggest a base config so that we can think of the build and discuss

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 11k
Noctua NH D14 @ 4.5k
Asus P8P67 Pro @ 12k
G.Skill 4GB DDR3 1600MHz Ripjaws X @ 2.9k
Zotac GTX570 @ 21.5k
Asus Xonar DX @ 4.5k
Corsair Force 60GB @ 8k
Seagate 1TB 7200.12 @ 2.7k
Corsair TX850W @ 7.3k
CM HAF X @ 11k
Alienware 3D Monitor + Glasses @ 31k
Logitech X506 @ 5k

Total - 121.4k + 4.5k for keyboard and mouse.

Last edited:
OP
jsjs

jsjs

Journeyman
Why not try 8gb of ram and the sabertooth mobo and a 580. How much cost will increase

what kybrd-mouse can i use

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ jsjs

Buddy, jaskanwar's config looks pretty solid but i would like to make a few changes:

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 11k // Intel i7 2600k @ 16k
Noctua NH D14 @ 4.5k
Asus P8P67 Pro @ 12k
Corsair DDR-III Memory 8GB - Model CMX4GX3M1A1600C9(4x2) @ 5.8k
MSI N580 GTX Graphics Card @ 28k
Asus Xonar DX @ 4.5k
Corsair Force 60GB @ 8k
WD 1TB Blue @ 2.7k
Corsair HX850W @ 9k
NZXT Phantom @ 8k
Alienware AW2310 + Nvidia 3D kit bundle @ 31k or Benq XL2410T 24" 3D Gaming LED Monitor + Nvidia 3D kit bundle @ 32k
Logitech X506 @ 5k
Razer Cyclosa Keyboard + mouse @ 2.2k
APC 1.1KVA @ 4.5K

Now the HX850 is a modular psu and has a higher efficiency level than tx 850. Being modular, it helps in great cable management.

I have given two options for 3d. The alienware is 23 inches and benq is 24 inches. Choose what you want. You can also go with a gtx 570 now and sli later to give you considerable increase in performance.

If possible, go for i7 2600k as its currently the fastest. But 2500k will also more than suffice.
I think asus p67 sabertooth is 13k but i am not sure.The pro board is also great.

You can add the ssd at a later stage and save some cash.

For your budget, i would like to suggest logitech z5500d.It should cost around 14k but are terrific speakers that give true 5.1 immersion. Z506 is also good for a budget but nowhere near a z5500d.

Last edited:
OP
jsjs

jsjs

Journeyman
I will go with haf x instead of nzxt. I already have the xonar dx. So i will go as following :
i5 2500k-11k
nh d14-4.5k
p8p67 pro-12k
8gb corsair-5.8k
msi n580-28k
ssd-8k
hdd wd blue-2.7k
hx 850-9k
haf x-11k
benq+3d-32k
x506-5k
ups 1.1kva-4.5k
death adder-2.2k
that's total 135.7k.
now suggest some better kybrd with macro. The death adder mouse was suggested by jaskanwar in lot of other threads.

A dvd rw drive will be 0.9k. That will leave me with 3.4k for kybrd.

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@vicky
phantom has problems with large coolers with side fan istalled AFAIK. --

@op
how will an 8GB ram be helpful.? will it increase fps by 20 or what? nothing more than 1-2!! dont go for useless things that wont help you at all!

that alienware is 23".

i suggest the following -

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 11k
Noctua NH D14 @ 4.5k
Asus P8P67 Pro @ 12k
G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL (2Gx2) @ 2.9k
Zotac GTX570 @ 21.5k
Asus Xonar DX @ 4.5k
Corsair Force SSD 60GB @ 7.2K
Seagate 1TB 7200.12 @ 2.7k
Corsair HX750W @ 8.5k
CM HAF X @ 11k
Alienware AW2310 + Nvidia 3D Kit @ 31k
Logitech Z506 @ 5k
Razer Death Adder @ 2.1k
Razer Arctosa @ 2.2k
APC 1000VA @ 5k

Total - 131.5

that cooler will only benefit you for overclocking. i hope you will..

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
see this bad review of alienware with 3d. Alienware AW2310 23.5in 3D TFT Review | bit-tech.net

i second them in suggesting much much much better IPS panels especially considering your budget. read that whole review.!

well searching for that benq review!

actually i saw in benq review it was good in games. but 3d has disdvantages too. its immersive in some games while it isnt in some others.(yes it is) its a pain wearing glasses for a long time. (yes it is) and since IPS panels which are much more color accurate (yes they are) are available especially considering your budget you should go for them.

there is one thing only thats in favour of those TN mentioned above - 120Hz

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Well the alienware review is quite old and they tested racedriver grid which isn't a 3d title. Much better games are coming now like batman arkham asylum and the upcoming crysis 2. Check nvidia site for a list of present and upcoming 3d titles. And you won't be wearing those glasses all the time but when playing in 3d. Its a nice addon and has no disadvantages in the long run. Its the right technology to adopt and is quite future proof as well.

Benq seems to be the most recent led based 3d monitor and should be good enough. I have seen 3d on a samsung 2233rz which is inferior to that alienware in quality and was blown away.

Ips panels wont give you 3d at the moment and will be very costly. If 3d is on the mind, then ditch ips panels. Games look equally good on an ips and a good tn panel.

@ jas

Buddy the hx 850 i suggested was for a single gtx 580 and it can easily handle 570 sli which i mentioned later. Its not sufficient for 580 sli though.

8gb ram won't help now but will be helpful in near future. Sure op can add them later and stick with 4gb now. But useful in 3d intensive works.

If op can go for haf-x then no problem at all.

And 120hz is the requirement for 3d. Even asus has some good 3d monitors. Worth checking them.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
but i still stick to my opinion that ips panels are much better. No offence. and i know about 120hz requiremnt. its a 2010 review.

op may go for any.

Ultrasharp u2311h an e-ips is 13.7k and much better quality.

Last edited:
Top Bottom