Headphones, earphones news and discussion thread

TheSloth

The Slowest One
what do you guys think of this earphone?

*amzn.in/ivfshHH
One of my friend is using this. She told me the mic isn't that good as person on the other side of the call complains voice is lower than normal. Otherwise headphones are good. Decent quality for the price. I read in comments that it's Pune based so service centre is only in Pune

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Sony's new WH-1000XM2 is every audiophile's dream: Available in India for Rs 29990
Sony's new WH-1000XM2 is every audiophile's dream: Available in India for Rs 29,990

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Can someone advice which is best suited for watching movies, Sennheiser HD 202ii or 205 ii ?
I use my in ear buds Mi Capsules to watch movies on my PC. My big a$$ headphones like Philips SHP 2000 sounds lower than that Mi in ears.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I use my in ear buds Mi Capsules to watch movies on my PC. My big a$$ headphones like Philips SHP 2000 sounds lower than that Mi in ears.
You need a DAC/AMP combo to properly hear good music from your big ass earphones. I owned Phillips SHP 1900, and that had vvery low volume coming from PC output. PC Output are meant to be like that.
Get a cheap Asus Xonar U3 or a Fiio K1 and then try

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You need a DAC/AMP combo to properly hear good music from your big ass earphones. I owned Phillips SHP 1900, and that had vvery low volume coming from PC output. PC Output are meant to be like that.
Get a cheap Asus Xonar U3 or a Fiio K1 and then try

But then why the sound is louder on Mi IEM compared on the very same PC?

Also for DAC, the options you mentioned is way costly. Will this work? Kotion Each S1 Pro Gaming Headset 2.0 Channel USB 7.1 Surround Sound Card (*www.amazon.in/dp/B01J49LST4)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
But then why the sound is louder on Mi IEM compared on the very same PC?

Also for DAC, the options you mentioned is way costly. Will this work? Kotion Each S1 Pro Gaming Headset 2.0 Channel USB 7.1 Surround Sound Card (*www.amazon.in/dp/B01J49LST4)
An IEM typically has 18 ohms of resistance, a headphone has bigger drivers, so more resistance. Note that ohms does not directly equate with sound quality. I wouldnt recommend that DAC, because it doesnt have proper reviews. I recommended xonar u3 because I own it. Its a good DAC/AMP combo, cheapest there is, but even that has limitations, like 44khz max audio.
If I have to compare to my laptop's audio (Bang and Olufsen audio output, it is marginally better in SQ than Xonar U3.
My old SR850 had 32 ohm drivers, and it sounded TERRIBLE from pc audio out. The only reason I got the Xonar U3 was to drive that, but since I switched to laptop I dont need it anymore.
Again, Ive never owned a super high end DAC, like ODAC or ESS Saberdac so comment on how much they are better than these cheap options.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
An IEM typically has 18 ohms of resistance, a headphone has bigger drivers, so more resistance. Note that ohms does not directly equate with sound quality. I wouldnt recommend that DAC, because it doesnt have proper reviews. I recommended xonar u3 because I own it. Its a good DAC/AMP combo, cheapest there is, but even that has limitations, like 44khz max audio.
If I have to compare to my laptop's audio (Bang and Olufsen audio output, it is marginally better in SQ than Xonar U3.
My old SR850 had 32 ohm drivers, and it sounded TERRIBLE from pc audio out. The only reason I got the Xonar U3 was to drive that, but since I switched to laptop I dont need it anymore.
Again, Ive never owned a super high end DAC, like ODAC or ESS Saberdac so comment on how much they are better than these cheap options.
Damn, the sound thing sounds more complicated then it should. It's pretty sad that my LG G6 phone might have a better DAC (Quad DAC they say), then my PC. And the phone's DAC is enough to power good headphones like Bang and Olufsen.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I am not sure i understood your reply. Are you saying to go for in ear over over the head earphones or the mentioned models are not good for movie watching?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am not sure i understood your reply. Are you saying to go for in ear over over the head earphones or the mentioned models are not good for movie watching?
I am not suggesting anything. I was just putting my experience.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
guys no one using Cowon EM2?
I used Cowon EM1 for 3 years and now sold it off for Rs.500 to my friend ...that is a very good price considering the age...Nothing matched that build quality and sound quality as well..still working great..
Should I buy the same or EM2?
looking in 2k range

Top Bottom