Headphones, earphones news and discussion thread

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I'm wondering anyone here own or thought of buying IEM below mention two ;

Fiio EX1 (which is Dunu Titan 1 as told) or Ostry KC06A

I like to know which one to pick ?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Any suggestions for a cheap amp to go with Audio-Technica ATH-IM50 ?

I use ASUS Xonar U3, its a capable dac/amp for the price, got it for Rs 1800,(slightly old)..
but its nowhere near as strong as higher end amps, u can go for ASUS Xonar u5 or fiio e11k which is an amp with no dac(5k)

I use ASUS Xonar U3, its a capable dac/amp for the price, got it for Rs 1800,(slightly old)..
but its nowhere near as strong as higher end amps, u can go for ASUS Xonar u5 or fiio e11k which is an amp with no dac(5k)

FiiO 11K seems pretty good for the price. I was browsing the Audio Technica catalogue, and I stumbled upon their Bluetooth amp AT-PHA50BT, nothing special with 100mW total power, but is kinda versatile and is available for 8K approx import. Should I go with that one or FiiO 11K ? To be honest, ATH-IM50 itself are kind of a mystery to me.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
What is your audio source ? PC ? Laptop or Phone ? ..
IF you buy a DAC + Amp..
If you are using directly out of PC, you will experience a massive upgrade, definitely go for it.. If your laptop has dolby or a good enough DAC, then you will not experience any sound quality improvement at all, just a loudness in volume.. Same thing with phones, depends on phone also..
If you buy a AMP,
it just boosts volume, remember crappy sound will be boosted to crappier sound, so do know this before makign a decision..

What is your audio source ? PC ? Laptop or Phone ? ..
IF you buy a DAC + Amp..
If you are using directly out of PC, you will experience a massive upgrade, definitely go for it.. If your laptop has dolby or a good enough DAC, then you will not experience any sound quality improvement at all, just a loudness in volume.. Same thing with phones, depends on phone also..
If you buy a AMP,
it just boosts volume, remember crappy sound will be boosted to crappier sound, so do know this before makign a decision..

Yup, I understand. Primarily, it will be my Galaxy S7 and Ipad Air 2 for listening music. The source of the music itself is Itunes/Apple Music, so I guess the quality of audio files is good enough. Personally, I don't use my PC at all of listening and stuff, although it does have an okay output. I will receive my IM50 today, so let's see if it needs a DAC/AMP or a AMP.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Yup, I understand. Primarily, it will be my Galaxy S7 and Ipad Air 2 for listening music. The source of the music itself is Itunes/Apple Music, so I guess the quality of audio files is good enough. Personally, I don't use my PC at all of listening and stuff, although it does have an okay output. I will receive my IM50 today, so let's see if it needs a DAC/AMP or a AMP.

For this kind of usage it will be great to invest in Fiio Q1 (DAC+AMP) which can be use OTG DAC mode for your mobile devices as well DAC for your PC if needed - If you don't want just use the Amp section via Line IN mode for now.

IM50 or M50x don't require any Amp but if you use one it will definitely changed the sound signature.

sarthak96

Broken In
Can anyone recommend a good pair of IEMs for <1k. I've been using soundmagic es18 since a long time but the first one lasted 6 months while the 2nd had no sound in one ear(broken cable?) after a year of use. So, I'm looking for build quality. Listen to pink floyd, classic rock and metal mostly so something balanced would be nice. Really love es18's sound though, it's just the build quality.

$hadow

Geek in making
^^Pick kz ate. These are by far the best quality IEM since they provide great SQ along with good build quality.

abhitj

Right off the assembly line
hey all,

recently i bought a pair from headphonezone.in and i returned it as i wanted something else, in return that gave me credit money which i can you only on their site.now the product i want is available on amazon but i have money stuck on headphonezone.

if anyone wants to buy a pair of cans i can give you the headphonezone coupon or we can come on teamviewer and you can buy me the pair from amazon (send me gift card) and i can buy you pair from headphonezone

i called them too and asked when the product will be available they said they don't know.so i have to exchange credits otherwise my money will be stuck with headphonezone i don't know till when

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I have JBL T100A. It has mic. But why the mic doesn't work in my lap, say with Steam voice chat? any idea?
I use laptop's inbuilt microphone on video calls, also for voice chat on Steam
And how does a gaming headset works as it has the same wire for mic and earphones

Jokumar

Broken In
Hi,
I need head phone for my Redmi Note 3.
I need it for listening to music as well as receiving calls.
I need good quality headphones for meditation purpose which is basically high in bass. Also I should not get disturbed by the outside sound.
The budget is around 1200/ rs.
While reading in this forum thread I saw noise isolation headphones but they are bulky.
Anyway I left it you guys in helping me out with this.
And thanks to Sam who advised me to by to buy this wonderful phone called REDMI NOTE 3
Thanking you in advance
Jokumar

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Ok so i am thinking to gift in-ear-headphone to a friend. Budget is around 2k. So please suggest something good as I don't have much knowledge about headphones.
After reading few posts here on TDF, thinking about these

Buy SoundMagic PL30+ In the Ear Isolating Headphones Black Gold Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.i

Brainwavz Delta Black IEM Earphones With Remote &amp; Mic For Android Phones, Tablets &amp; Other Android OS Devices: Amazon.in: Electronic

Please, better suggestions are most welcomed.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, please ??

- - - Updated - - -

bUMP.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
[MENTION=82407]sandynator[/MENTION] and [MENTION=34930]Zangetsu[/MENTION] thanks alot guys for replying.
I noticed that there are 3 version of E10. I read E10C is the latest vversion. So that would be better.

If someone has more suggestions then please tell me before 27th of Oct.

ninz

Broken In
Ok so i am thinking to gift in-ear-headphone to a friend. Budget is around 2k. So please suggest something good as I don't have much knowledge about headphones.
After reading few posts here on TDF, thinking about these

Buy SoundMagic PL30+ In the Ear Isolating Headphones Black Gold Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.i

Brainwavz Delta Black IEM Earphones With Remote &amp; Mic For Android Phones, Tablets &amp; Other Android OS Devices: Amazon.in: Electronic

Please, better suggestions are most welcomed.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, please ??

- - - Updated - - -

bUMP.

ad 500 more and get sm e50......its the upgrade from e10
u r welcome

- - - Updated - - -

Knowledge Zenith ATE HiFiNage Indi
get these................ ull love it
requires burn-in for 30hrs

Top Bottom