Hardware price list/spec sheet

DK_WD

WD Official
Previously WD have 3 and don't know about Seagate.
Now both got same 2 years.
But,Seagate is cheaper compare to WD Blue's price.
So,I think Seagate is better now.
What do u think ?
Which should go for at current situation ?
I need a 1TB internal HDD for OS and data for my primary use ?

Following are the online price thought I prefer to buy HDD locally.
SEAGATE 1TB Desktop Internal Sata Drive (ST1000DM003) - Buy SEAGATE 1TB Desktop Internal Sata Drive (ST1000DM003) Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal
WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB Desktop SATA Blue Colour Hard Drive (10EZEX) - Buy WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB Desktop SATA Blue Colour Hard Drive (10EZEX) Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal

Here is the WD warranty info for Asia Pacifit:
WD Support

What's the difference between Component Drive & Retail Kit ?

- - - Updated - - -

Hold on!
This is so confusing.
Why this site showing 2 years warranty for all HDD even the WD Black ?
WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black (WESTERN DIGITAL 1002FAEX) Internal Hard Drive (1TB) - Buy WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black (WESTERN DIGITAL 1002FAEX) Internal Hard Drive (1TB) Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal

I'm really confused.
Which one saying wright and which one is wrong ?

Hi [MENTION=39710]Revolution[/MENTION],

I agree with [MENTION=15026]topgear[/MENTION]. The warranty part is depending on the WD model you selected like WD Blue: 2 years, WD Black: 5 years and etc.

For more information about warranty of internal drives, please refer the link below:

Support Answers

For more information regarding the WD drives, please refer the link below:

*www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...e-designing-below-50-000-inr.html#post2252007

Hope it helps.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
How many years of warranty WD Blue HDDs have previously and how many years of warranty seagate provides on HDDs ?
when I first bought WD Blue in 2009 it was 5yrs and then reduced to 3yrs and now 2 yrs :shock:
[MENTION=39710]Revolution[/MENTION]: btw there is WD Green cheaper than Blue but I guess Blue is better than Green and I can see a purple version as well (don't know how is it)

DK_WD

WD Official
when I first bought WD Blue in 2009 it was 5yrs and then reduced to 3yrs and now 2 yrs :shock:
[MENTION=39710]Revolution[/MENTION]: btw there is WD Green cheaper than Blue but I guess Blue is better than Green and I can see a purple version as well (don't know how is it)

Hi [MENTION=34930]Zangetsu[/MENTION],

For your information, any WD internal drive can be used as a storage and boot drive. In WD, there are different type of drives represented by different colors. The WD Purple drive highly recommended to use for Security purpose, but if you use as a normal drive, it will function like a normal hard drive too. The data transfer speed is same as the other hard drives, but the read and write speed is depend on the system configuration. The big difference from other HDD is that it has inbuilt function to view videos in high-definition framework. To check the specification of WD Purple, you may refer to the below link:

Support Answers

Hope it helps.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=293224]DK_WD[/MENTION] & [MENTION=15026]topgear[/MENTION]

Thanks for ur replies ! :)

I still confused about the reason of shortage of WD Blue from local market of Kolkata. :-?
Is it really no more manufactured or any other reason ?

I know 5400RPM HDD can be used but that will be slow compare to 7200RPM.
Sadly my budget is less and I can't afford WD Black which is faster and comes with 5 years of warranty. :cry:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

man those were some days .. anyway, WD back on 2011 reduced warranty on many of it HDDs to two years and seagate also followed the same path and reduced warranty to only 1 year. Later however seagate again increased warranty to 2 years.

So it's nothing new .. if you want ultimate warranty coverage then WD Black or SGT Enterprise level drives are your best bet. Otherwise WD Purple / REd also comes with 3 years of warranty which is pretty decent IMO.

SameerX

Right off the assembly line
Can i get the price details for a new rig for my friend, from anywhere in Bangalore(lower price!!!)?
My rig is:
CPU:i7 4790K
GPU:Gigabyte Gaming G1 Gtx 970
PSU:Seasonic X-Series 650W Modular (SS-650KM3)
RAM:Gskill Ripjaws X 16GB 1600Mhz
Motherboard:ASUS Pro Gamer Z97
HDD:WD Blue 1TB 7200Rpm
SSD:Transcend 128GB (SSD370S)
Case:DeepCool Dukase
Monitor:BenQ RL2455HM

Thanks a lot, For any help i get

nac

Aspiring Novelist
When this GST comes into effect, will there be any significant effect in pricing of computer components/accessories?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
GST impact across sectors: Take a look at the winners and losers - The Economic Time
I am guessing prices will increase & the difference between offline & online prices will decrease.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
GST impact across sectors: Take a look at the winners and losers - The Economic Time
I am guessing prices will increase & the difference between offline & online prices will decrease.
So if anyone thinking of buying, better don't wait till it comes into effect. I for one should get them before that.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
When this GST comes into effect, will there be any significant effect in pricing of computer components/accessories?

ADVANTAGES OF GST
Apart from full allowance of credit, there are several other advantages of introducing a GST in India:

• Possible reduction in prices: Due to full and seamless credit, manufacturers or traders do not have to include taxes as a part of their cost of production, which is a very big reason to say that we can see a reduction in prices. However, if the government seeks to introduce GST with a higher rate, this might be lost.
  • Increase in Government Revenues:This might seem to be a little vague. However, even at the time of introduction of VAT, the public revenues actually went up instead of falling because many people resorted to paying taxes rather than evading the same. However, the government may wish to introduce GST at a Revenue Neutral Rate, in which case the revenues might not see a significant increase in the short run.
  • Less compliance and procedural cost:Instead of maintaining big records, returns and reporting under various different statutes, all assessees will find comfortable under GST as the compliance cost will be reduced. It should be noted that the assessees are, nevertheless, required to keep record of CGST, SGST and IGST separately

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
GST will not come into effect before 1st April 2017 & that is under best possible conditions(no political logjams etc) so lot of time,no need to hurry any buying decisions.

awe

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys, what is the best way to buy a GTX 1070/1080 in India. And what motherboard would you recommend with it (z170/h170/h110)?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
LG FreeSync Monitors Dealer in Secunderabad / Hyderabad

Store Name: Bajaj Electronics

Address: 1-7-178,MG Road,Paradise Circle, Secunderabad, Telangana

Contact Person: Simran Pajhi

Store Timing: 10 AM - 10 PM

Contact No: 09701891901

Available Product: COMPUTERS,TVs,Monitors.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
*i.imgur.com/ry962b5.jpg
Cheaper on MD computers
*mdcomputers.in/index.php?route=pro...vRYZEN 7/sort=p.sort_order/order=ASC/limit=15

Screenshot_20170224-000151.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

supergamer

supa supa
G4560 out of stock everywhere on Lamington Road

i3 7100------------------------------------------------8300/-
Gigabyte GA-B250m-D2V--------------------------5800/-
Asus Prime B250m-k--------------------------------6100/-
Gskill Ripjaws 2400MHz Cl15 8GB----------------4400/-
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz CL16 8GB----4400/-
Zotac GTX1050Ti------------------------------------10900/-
Zotac GTX1050Ti OC--------------------------------11900/-