Hardware price list/spec sheet

quicky008

Technomancer
I have been looking for a low cost pc to use as a 24*7 downloading rig for quite some time-i found a dealer on olx who's quoting a price of Rs 5000 approx for a system with the following configuration:Core 2 duo 2.8 GHz,BioStar DG31 motherboard,160 GB HDD,2 GB RAM,New cabinet with psu;he has also asserted that he'll provide 1 year warranty on all of these components.

Will it be a good idea to go for it?As I intend to buy a 2nd pc solely for downloading and internet browsing i don't really wish to spend much on it and it seems this one will suffice for my needs(also i already have another system that is used primarily for gaming).The only thing that bothers me is that some of the parts in this system will probably be 2nd had or refurbished(hence the low cost) and therefore I wonder how long are they actually going to last.Is there any way to properly check the quality of used pc peripherals before buying(particularly the mobo,HDD,cpu and RAM)?Please advice.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have been looking for a low cost pc to use as a 24*7 downloading rig for quite some time-i found a dealer on olx who's quoting a price of Rs 5000 approx for a system with the following configuration:Core 2 duo 2.8 GHz,BioStar DG31 motherboard,160 GB HDD,2 GB RAM,New cabinet with psu;he has also asserted that he'll provide 1 year warranty on all of these components.

Will it be a good idea to go for it?As I intend to buy a 2nd pc solely for downloading and internet browsing i don't really wish to spend much on it and it seems this one will suffice for my needs(also i already have another system that is used primarily for gaming).The only thing that bothers me is that some of the parts in this system will probably be 2nd had or refurbished(hence the low cost) and therefore I wonder how long are they actually going to last.Is there any way to properly check the quality of used pc peripherals before buying(particularly the mobo,HDD,cpu and RAM)?Please advice.

For motherboard look at quality of capacitors mostly and perform some load test. The load will also test the cpu as well and you can monitor temp there. For HDD use HDD Sentinel / HDTune and look at smart data. If possible run a scan with HDTune. For ram use memtest86+. If everything works fine then the pc should be ok. Lastsly if you wish you can change the PSu with a good one like a antec 300w or corsair vs350 just to play things safe.

Buy Y Splitter Audio Aux Cable 3.5MM Jack Headphone Earphone for iPod Mobile Pc Mp3 CD Player Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

- - - Updated - - -

Buy Online Intel Skylake Core i7-6700K 4 Ghz CPU - Processor in India

Looks overpriced. Is it because of the initial shortages?

quicky008

Technomancer
For motherboard look at quality of capacitors mostly and perform some load test. The load will also test the cpu as well and you can monitor temp there. For HDD use HDD Sentinel / HDTune and look at smart data. If possible run a scan with HDTune. For ram use memtest86+. If everything works fine then the pc should be ok. Lastsly if you wish you can change the PSu with a good one like a antec 300w or corsair vs350 just to play things safe.

Thank you very much indeed for helping me out once again topgear-as usual,your suggestions proved to be really useful for me.

Last edited:

quicky008

Technomancer
Does DDR2 800 mhz ram work on older 945 motherboards that support only 667 and 533 mhz ram modules?Will using a 800 mhz module on such a board give rise to any stability issues in the long run?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ It should work without any stability issue. BTW, better not ask these types of question on irrelevant thread.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Am I missing something or there's something new in this ? AFAIK WD offers 2, 3 and 5 years of warranty on HDDs depending on the model.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
How many years of warranty WD Blue HDDs have previously and how many years of warranty seagate provides on HDDs ?

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
How many years of warranty WD Blue HDDs have previously and how many years of warranty seagate provides on HDDs ?

Previously WD have 3 and don't know about Seagate.
Now both got same 2 years.
But,Seagate is cheaper compare to WD Blue's price.
So,I think Seagate is better now.
What do u think ?
Which should go for at current situation ?
I need a 1TB internal HDD for OS and data for my primary use ?

Following are the online price thought I prefer to buy HDD locally.
SEAGATE 1TB Desktop Internal Sata Drive (ST1000DM003) - Buy SEAGATE 1TB Desktop Internal Sata Drive (ST1000DM003) Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal
WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB Desktop SATA Blue Colour Hard Drive (10EZEX) - Buy WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB Desktop SATA Blue Colour Hard Drive (10EZEX) Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal

Here is the WD warranty info for Asia Pacifit:
WD Support

What's the difference between Component Drive & Retail Kit ?

- - - Updated - - -

Hold on!
This is so confusing.
Why this site showing 2 years warranty for all HDD even the WD Black ?
*www.snapdeal.com/product/wd-caviar-black-wd1002faex-internal/186243#bcrumbLabelId:283

I'm really confused.
Which one saying wright and which one is wrong ?

Last edited:

anky

Youngling
Intel i5-4440 is available for 12500 on MD Computers and intel i5-6400 is available for 200 more...is it wise to buy i5-6400 now?

Top Bottom