[Guwahati Members] List & Best ISP?

thedotaguy

Right off the assembly line
yea seamon it is :(
But i think plans got revised and they forgot to update the new ones (although they are still expensive i think).
Btw does anyone know, if for a FUP plan, after the high speed data is consumed latency drops or just the download speed.
That will be very helpful thanks. :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ Latency remains the same. I used to have broadband and after speed drop *most* of the times there was no effect on latency

vigiLobs

Are these numbers legit guys? Upto 100Mbps 250GB for Rs.1499 from Rajdhani?
Rajdhani Telecome Pvt Ltd :: Hi Speed Leased Line & Broadband Service Provider in Guwahati

My current connection is BSNL EVDO. And most of the time, I get 35-40 KB/s average. So compared to that, even 5Mbps would be much better. :lol:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Are these numbers legit guys? Upto 100Mbps 250GB for Rs.1499 from Rajdhani?
Rajdhani Telecome Pvt Ltd :: Hi Speed Leased Line & Broadband Service Provider in Guwahati

My current connection is BSNL EVDO. And most of the time, I get 35-40 KB/s average. So compared to that, even 5Mbps would be much better. :lol:

Yeah I went to their cafe and I got 10 Mbps on their PC. Great speed. However the plan mentions 25000MB which is 25GB not 250GB.

vigiLobs

Yeah I went to their cafe and I got 10 Mbps on their PC. Great speed. However the plan mentions 25000MB which is 25GB not 250GB.

Oops, yes you're correct, my bad. Still, in terms of speed, it's something to consider. And 10Mbps sounds awesome. Are you aware of their reliability? Do they have much downtime?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
vigiLobs said:
Are you aware of their reliability? Do they have much downtime?
No I am not. I think it's best to stick with BSNL for now.
Rajdhani have had their wireless internet from a long time but it's only yesterday when I saw their fibre offerings in the link. Fibre lines are somewhat difficult to maintain & faults may occur. I'd wait for some feedback from present customer on how the line is before making the jump.

vigiLobs

No I am not. I think it's best to stick with BSNL for now.
Rajdhani have had their wireless internet from a long time but it's only yesterday when I saw their fibre offerings in the link. Fibre lines are somewhat difficult to maintain & faults may occur. I'd wait for some feedback from present customer on how the line is before making the jump.

I doubt they will be able to provide me with an optical fiber or a leased line anyway, since I live in Fatasil-Ambari. But I am interested on their wireless service. I will most likely gamble over their wireless service next month, after I ask more detail from them about their "Line of sight usually necessary for this type of connection" quote.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
anyone using MNet? specially one with heavy download?
My friend uses it. But his plan is 15GB/month. Speed is 4Mbps up and down.

Pings are really good. Below 50 ping to Delhi and 100 ping to South East Asia countries. Seemed very reliable and stable when I used it.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
My friend uses it. But his plan is 15GB/month. Speed is 4Mbps up and down.

Pings are really good. Below 50 ping to Delhi and 100 ping to South East Asia countries. Seemed very reliable and stable when I used it.

will be getting it myself next month. applied for BSNL and paid 500 bucks in advance but the guy just vanished.

Guys, my BSNL connection is as unstable as hell these few days. Getting disconnected very frequently. anyone else facing the same problem ?

sc3n3l0v3r

Journeyman
anyone using MNet? specially one with heavy download?

I m using MNet for the last 3 months.
PLAN : M-net DELIGHT UNLIMITED PLANS
1MBPS (Rs. 999/-)

I got my connection on 27th Dec,2014 - Mnet will give you exactly 30 Days of validity

Downtime I have hardly found.
Installation charges is bit on higher side.
I have paid Rs.4000/- for installation and Rs.999/- as advance payment of subscription.
If you want to have WIFI connectivity then additional Rs.1500/- for Wirless Router.

The provide Tenda Wireless Router Model No:- N4.
I didn't purchased from them, I got it from Amazon & its working perfectly.

Usages :- January (19.19 GB)
February (13.78 GB)
March till date (5.52 GB)

*www.speedtest.net/result/4194113815.png

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ Try doing a test on the Delhi server. Pings will be much better. I always found the Dhaka server to have more latency then other ones.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Recently switched to the local isp "M-net". Their service is absolutely brilliant. No downtime at all & great pings to all servers. Consistent speed throughout the day, every day of the week. Definitely recommended.

Here's a speedtest:

*www.speedtest.net/result/4404803379.png

Usually pings are a bit lesser but there was a storm outside when I did this.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Recently switched to the local isp "M-net". Their service is absolutely brilliant. No downtime at all & great pings to all servers. Consistent speed throughout the day, every day of the week. Definitely recommended.

Here's a speedtest:

*www.speedtest.net/result/4404803379.png

Usually pings are a bit lesser but there was a storm outside when I did this.

How long did they take to setup the connection??? What were the costs involved??? Could you give a detailed view of the process!!! :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
How long did they take to setup the connection??? What were the costs involved??? Could you give a detailed view of the process!!! :)

Set up price is very costly. It is 4k for equipment + 1.4k for installation. I applied on a Saturday, Monday they took for processing & by Tuesday afternoon the connection was in working condition.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Apparently, a new ISP called siti broadband has come up... They just hung up a small hoarding just by my house... B-) Anyone has any idea about them??? The hoarding is advertising unlimited plans at Rs. 999/p.m. :)

Top Bottom