Graphics Cards related queries here.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
For my GTX 1060 bill, they wrote some Part Number on the bill.

While filling up the form on the website, I had to enter SKU and Serial Number.

So, is this fine?

For extended warranty, I just filled up a form on their website. Only this is needed right?

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I purchased Zotac 1060 Amp GPU, and filled up all details they asked there..
Zotac sends you email for confirmation. Keep that mail safe.

I think invoice is with you then no need to worry for revealing your serial number to Product Company.
I don't think anyone can misuse that info as you have invoice.

quicky008

Technomancer
^^ Very high chances that they won't consider the bill valid. S/N must be on the bill. Also, the Zotac warranty policy says that they don't provide any warranty on second hand products. Well, that shouldn't be a major point because most likely they won't come to know that its second hand.

ZOTAC | Push The Limit

Before buying, I think you should contact the customer care and tell them that you want to claim warranty for the card but your invoice doesn't have the serial no. on it. That would make things clear.
Also, please note that extended warranty (3 years after initial 2 year warranty) is given only in certain cases (like registering the product within 28 days of original purchase date on their support site). So, your friend's card might be having only 2 years of warranty instead of 5 years.
Well i contacted zotac recently and their manager Mr Swarn Singh confirmed that i can submit the card for RMA even though its invoice doesn't contain the card's serial no.-he said that their service center in kolkata will accept the card for normal RMA.

Also my friend didn't register the card for extended warranty,so its under normal 2 years warranty of which 1 year is already over-so effectively it has about 10-11 months warranty remaining.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
For my GTX 1060 bill, they wrote some Part Number on the bill.

While filling up the form on the website, I had to enter SKU and Serial Number.

So, is this fine?

For extended warranty, I just filled up a form on their website. Only this is needed right?

you should be fine.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi, does anyone know if there are zotac graphics card distributers in odisha.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Zotac & Sapphire GPUs are distributed by supertronindia.com in India.

You can search for your area offices from here:
Empowering Network | Supertron Electronics Private Limited

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Thank you very much Sunil sir, ehh one more thing what should be the price range of GTX 1050 (2gb) since it's very confusing while searching online.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Is there any performance difference between mini version and standard version of card ?
e.g: GTX 1070 mini vs GTX 1070

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Mini version could have one fan, normal one is supposed to have two fans and AMP version may have two or more fans depending on the factory OC.
When I was getting a gpu few months back I was told the same reason which I have mentioned above. Moreover if a gpu is having an additional fan then it will have more clock speed then its predecessor or the lower model.

Zangetsu

Hmm,
I was comparing the Zotac 1080Ti series versions here
ZOTAC - Mini PCs and GeForce GTX Gaming Graphics Cards | ZOTAC

Now, out of three ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme has little increased specs. (but will it be worth the extra price we pay ?)

also, are 3x 90mm fans better than 2x100mm fans ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm,
I was comparing the Zotac 1080Ti series versions here
ZOTAC - Mini PCs and GeForce GTX Gaming Graphics Cards | ZOTAC

Now, out of three ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme has little increased specs. (but will it be worth the extra price we pay ?)

also, are 3x 90mm fans better than 2x100mm fans ?

If you compare overall coverage area and heat dissipation then 3x 90mm fans are better than 2x 120mm fans and 90mm fans probably have better rpm. The only drawback I can think of is " the Noise " generated by these - but if you are ok with it then go for the 3x fan version.

Zangetsu

If you compare overall coverage area and heat dissipation then 3x 90mm fans are better than 2x 120mm fans and 90mm fans probably have better rpm. The only drawback I can think of is " the Noise " generated by these - but if you are ok with it then go for the 3x fan version.
The online price is crazy for the Ti Amp Extreme version.
Offline sellers will offer good prices.

quicky008

Technomancer
Is now a good time to buy an used nvidia gpu,such as a gtx 1060 for about 18-22k?As of now many of them are currently available for purchase on sites like olx,quikr etc-probably being sold off by people who bought them for mining but have no longer any use for them.Will the upcoming volta series gpus likely to make them totally obsolete,given that they will feature real time ray tracing capabilities which are absent from all the older-gen gpus that have been released by nvidia as well as amd till date?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Is now a good time to buy an used nvidia gpu,such as a gtx 1060 for about 18-22k?As of now many of them are currently available for purchase on sites like olx,quikr etc-probably being sold off by people who bought them for mining but have no longer any use for them.Will the upcoming volta series gpus likely to make them totally obsolete,given that they will feature real time ray tracing capabilities which are absent from all the older-gen gpus that have been released by nvidia as well as amd till date?

Cards used for mining would likely die faster. Wait for next gen cards. Prices should tumble more and the new cards will probably sell at normal prices.

Top Bottom