Graphics Cards related queries here.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Come on, 750Ti is significantly better than 1030.

I have said so, basis the review video I shared in my previous post. Its from "RandomGaminginHD" channel, where the guy himself buys cards and perform benchmarking with game videos instead of showing them only on graphs or charts. Please check it out.
There is no reason to judge only by the names ["GTX" "750" "Ti" !!!!! against puny "GT (not X) 1030"? ;) ]

Reactions: nac

quicky008

Technomancer
yeah the 750 ti is only about 10% faster than the gt 1030.Also i think gt 1030 features 4k video acceleration and hevc decoding capabilities which aren't present in older gpus like the 750ti,therefore it makes more sense to go for gt 1030.Actually i found a seller online who was offering a 1 month old 750ti for about 6k(with 2 yrs warranty) which looked rather tempting to me at the time.But now after considering all the facts i'm having second thoughts about buying it.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
if you are after gaming and inclined less towards media decoding.. then get gtx 750ti... the performance difference is 10-15% but it becomes important as it will keep you above 30fps in demanding games ..

just use half Vsync + frame lock ( frame lock alone will not work )

and you can play games at "smooth" 30fps , console style
.. more info..
read the article..

The case for 30fps PC gaming

Last edited:

quicky008

Technomancer
yeah well the guy from whom i was supposed to buy it has hiked its price to 6.5k and he's not willing to reduce it under any circumstance ,this make me wonder-is it worth buying for 6.5k?

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
@chimera201 are you saying this from your personal experience, or did you find this on the internet? Its better to share the source of information.

@quicky008 750ti is not going to let you play games which you can't on GT1030. 10% is not a big performance difference, and surely not that big which can make someone buy a second had card instead of new one.
Think like this way - If there is a game which runs playable (about 30 fps) only on low settings using GT1030, the 750ti isn't gonna give you medium settings play with the same game. What's the point of buying a old second hard card then?

I have a GTX 660 laying around, which is marginally better than 750ti in terms of performance. The latest games like Watch Dogs 2 or Prey sets low settings for that card, by default. I can crank up some of the graphical settings to make it upto medium but then the gameplay is impacted (sudden drop of FPS, stuttering). The older games can surely be played much better but you are going to get about same results with the 750ti or GT1030. So there is no point in buying a second hand card.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^ In that case wont a 4GB RX570 give you decent fps on Medium in games you mentioned (Watch Dogs 2 or Prey)?

ssb1551

Technomancer
Yeah I remember that. I forgot to mention it :p. I just thought what if someone has a budget of around 15k (a friend of mine is actually looking for a GPU around that price bracket).

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
@ssb1551 oh,ok. Yes in 15k budget, RX570 is the best buy. The next tier cards (RX 580/GTX 1060) are considerably costlier than RX570 (approx. 21-22k for cheapest) and performance difference isn't that much.

ssb1551

Technomancer
If performance difference isn't much then does that mean the 4GB RX570 can play games released last year on High and Ultra settings as well?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
@chimera201 are you saying this from your personal experience, or did you find this on the internet? Its better to share the source of information.

Your own posted video? Are you looking at average or minimums. I always look at minimum fps because that's the more important metric. Only GTA V is an exception(it's probably getting hit by a bottleneck). In Overwatch and Dota 2(both unbiased games), it just outperforms GT 1030 by a huge margin.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Your own posted video? Are you looking at average or minimums. I always look at minimum fps because that's the more important metric. Only GTA V is an exception(it's probably getting hit by a bottleneck). In Overwatch and Dota 2(both unbiased games), it just outperforms GT 1030 by a huge margin.

ok, talking about the most important minimum metric from video I posted:

1) Overwatch; GT 1030= 40 fps 750ti = 48 fps
2) GTA V; GT 1030 = 32 fps 750ti = 27 fps
3) DOTA 2; GT 1030 = 50 fps 750ti = 48 fps
4) Hitman; GT 1030 = 28 fps (1% low) and 26 fps (0.1% low) 750ti = 25 fps and 22 fps respectively.
5) CSGO; GT 1030 = 100 fps 750ti = 97 fps

I don't think any of the 750ti's performance numbers are 25% above GT 1030. Even worse, the 750ti's minimum are lower than GT 1030's in 4 out of 5 games.
The average of 750ti is marginally better than GT 1030 though, but it doesn't matter because the frames are anyways above 40-50 per second.

It would be a foolish decision to buy a used 750ti over new GT 1030.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
If performance difference isn't much then does that mean the 4GB RX570 can play games released last year on High and Ultra settings as well?

Undoubtedly yes. RX 570 can run most of the new games at high/ultra @ 1080p, no sweat. It presently gives the max. frames per buck spent.

ssb1551

Technomancer
The video has tempted me to buy a RX 570 for myself hehe. If I do buy should I change the PSU in "Rig 2" of my signature? I have already received the Asus PRIME B350 PLUS Motherboard, 16GB DDR4 3000MHz RAM and will get the Ryzen 5 1600X tomorrow (as per Amazon. Yes! I ordered 1600X from Amazon.in :p I had Amazon cash so utilised it get 5k off). Should I create a new thread in Graphics Card or PSU section?

Top Bottom