Graphic Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mati17

All Prez to The Almighty
Hi Guys !

Right now I'm a government employee (primary school teacher). But I am concern for my bread and butter after retirement (that is after 10 yrs).

I'm expert in DTP. But I think that's not enough. I want to become a graphic designer as there is lot of book, pamphlet, ads printing work is available in my area.

Please suggest me what computer skills/softwares should I learn....?

Is combination of Corel draw + HTML is good or not ?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I guess for every job you need to have specific job experience.If you can enroll for a atleast a certficate or diploma in the concerned field, you'll have more chances and that is plus in your Resume.sorry I do not know about Graphic Designing much.

clmlbx

Technomancer
First you have 10 years so you can do what ever you want , Learn and increase your strengths in areas you like, Yes I know hoe difficult it is with Job but you have 10 years.

DTP and Graphic Design is complete Different.

For Graphic Design you need to learn:

Photoshop:
Illustrator
Corel Draw
Indesign : For books

Now this is for now, In next 10 years it will be completely different scenario. No one can Predict that .

you say Retirement, so getting a job is almost no after 10 years, so don't waste your time in Degree or Diploma. If you are starting on your own. who cares for your resume only thing important is to know what you are doing.

I am also not sure how many Jobs you will get after 10 years with no experience and design education. Many Students are opting for Graphic Designing and many are taking actual degree in it .

I would really suggest to also look for other options. 10 years is lot of time, a lot can change

May be one of options could be Trading (share Market), Be an Investor (you don't need lot of Money) you can learn how to research (It is short term course 6 Months (70K around from premium institutes)

after that 1-2k a Day is easy with very less Risk ( There is always risk in Share Market.)

OP
mati17

mati17

All Prez to The Almighty
First you have 10 years so you can do what ever you want , Learn and increase your strengths in areas you like, Yes I know hoe difficult it is with Job but you have 10 years.

DTP and Graphic Design is complete Different.

For Graphic Design you need to learn:

Photoshop:
Illustrator
Corel Draw
Indesign : For books

Now this is for now, In next 10 years it will be completely different scenario. No one can Predict that .

you say Retirement, so getting a job is almost no after 10 years, so don't waste your time in Degree or Diploma. If you are starting on your own. who cares for your resume only thing important is to know what you are doing.

I am also not sure how many Jobs you will get after 10 years with no experience and design education. Many Students are opting for Graphic Designing and many are taking actual degree in it .

I would really suggest to also look for other options. 10 years is lot of time, a lot can change

May be one of options could be Trading (share Market), Be an Investor (you don't need lot of Money) you can learn how to research (It is short term course 6 Months (70K around from premium institutes)

after that 1-2k a Day is easy with very less Risk ( There is always risk in Share Market.)
Thanks Bro

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Ronnie012

Earthling
Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw - these two are the basic and most important tools used by graphic designers.

Upadhyay

Broken In
Graphic Design is a vast term, you need to know your strengths and opportunities available to you.

Following are a few options and tools you need to know.

1. Web OR GUI Designer(Photoshop)

2. Illustrator, Information Graphic OR icon design (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop)

3. Book/Magazine layout design( Adobe InDesign, Photoshop)

4. Digital Books ( Adobe InDesign, Photoshop)

5. Print Ad design ( Adobe InDesign, Photoshop)

6. Web add/banner design(Photoshop may be Flash)

PS: Tools are just tools…..you need to be good at something.

OP
mati17

mati17

All Prez to The Almighty
Graphic Design is a vast term, you need to know your strengths and opportunities available to you.

Following are a few options and tools you need to know.

1. Web OR GUI Designer(Photoshop)

2. Illustrator, Information Graphic OR icon design (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop)

3. Book/Magazine layout design( Adobe InDesign, Photoshop)

4. Digital Books ( Adobe InDesign, Photoshop)

5. Print Ad design ( Adobe InDesign, Photoshop)

6. Web add/banner design(Photoshop may be Flash)

PS: Tools are just tools…..you need to be good at something.

Thanks Bro ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom