GPU Nvidia driver issue

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,
My laptop is having Nvidia Geforce 940M grpahic card. Recently I started getting errors like these-
*i.imgur.com/fAOAuXG.jpg
When nothing helped I uninstalled GFE via Revo Uninstaller and surprisingly after uninstalling the same, I did not get any option to uninstall the drivers in Revo Uninstaller and in the Add/Remove programs in the control panel. So, I uninstalled the drivers via DDU. I manually deleted the leftover Nvidia folders and files. Windows 10's automatic updates has installed the driver. Now 2 questions-
1. Is there any way to check that the installed drivers are fine?
2. I have not installed GFE yet. After reading this link-
Cleaning up old NVIDIA driver files to save disk space (2017 edition) - GameplayInside
I think I won't be installing the same. After the Windows update, my C: is consumed by 5 gb's. How can a driver take so much space? I tried deleting files in the folders below-
C:\NVIDIA>> No such folder in C:
C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Downloader>> There is no downloader folder, just a folder by the name of Drs
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2>> Now this folder has many subfolders and the total size of the same is 380mb. Is it safe to delete them all?
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvdisp.inf>> Not able to find this specified folder
Device manager shows that the driver date is 01.05.2017 but GFE when updated fine few weeks back to the latest version showed the driver's date as of September. What should I do?
Thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
For comparison,my laptop nvidia driver folders(I don't use geforce experience/system tray UI,only graphics driver & no autoupdate,this driver was installed in june 2017).
C:\NVIDIA>>0 bytes
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2>>500MB
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs>>1.75MB
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total:C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation>>1GB

C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Local\NVIDIA Corporation>>8MB
C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\NVIDIA>>0 bytes

Don't mess with system32\driverstore unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Top Bottom