Google Nexus 4 Thread

mp.shrimali

Right off the assembly line
what if someone lives in USA brings unlocked version of nexus 4 in India for me .....
can I use that in India..?
and do I have to pay taxes for using that device in India?
will I get warranty in India for that device (if it is released in india then can i get repaired it in indian service centres?)?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Well Ajay does have a point.
I read somewhere can't remember where though, that India is regarded as a dumping ground for many companies(Compare price's of GS3,Htc one x and,iphone,ipads with the ones in USA/Dubai,You will at least find a difference of 5-10k),and most of the phone's in USA come out to be under 30k they overprice stuff in India and 1-2 more countries..As hardly people know about nexus In India(Only we geeks and few more people heard of nexus), and people here believe in the "name of the company" , just like SAM had said, that they think Nokia makes phone, sammy makes fridges,LG tv and so on....
So, let's just hope it will be cheap for Indian Market.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
what if someone lives in USA brings unlocked version of nexus 4 in India for me .....
can I use that in India..?
and do I have to pay taxes for using that device in India?
will I get warranty in India for that device (if it is released in india then can i get repaired it in indian service centres?)?

No warranty in India if not bought here...

sayan8

()==[:::::::::> ◖(◣ ◢)◗
Well Ajay does have a point.
I read somewhere can't remember where though, that India is regarded as a dumping ground for many companies(Compare price's of GS3,Htc one x and,iphone,ipads with the ones in USA/Dubai,You will at least find a difference of 5-10k),and most of the phone's in USA come out to be under 30k they overprice stuff in India and 1-2 more countries..As hardly people know about nexus In India(Only we geeks and few more people heard of nexus), and people here believe in the "name of the company" , just like SAM had said, that they think Nokia makes phone, sammy makes fridges,LG tv and so on....
So, let's just hope it will be cheap for Indian Market.

You are absolutely right... every frnd of mine has phn of nokia....they had never heard abt nexus...etc

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^That's one reason why I think they overprice stuff here(of course customs and exchange rate do matter in this).But, I guess customs etc will max come up to 3-5k

ajaymailed

In the zone
Take a moment, now start crying.. :/
XDA Post
Supporting eBay deal
Its more than double the US Price. 349 USD Vs 39000 (around 720 USD).
from what i know flagship hi end smartphones (without contract) have a difference of Rs 6 to 7K when compared to Indian prices, if we go by that logic LG should release it for around 25 - 30K which should trigger price war.

Last edited:

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Don't react to prices of some random seller on eBay.

If officially launched, I hope that they don't price it over 25k. (the 8GB Model) But I doubt if it will be officially announced. Even in that case, importing won't cost over 25k. Give it some time.

sayan8

MAN WTF!!!! READ THIS

Spanish Retailer Suspends Plan to Stock Nexus 4 Over LG Pricing

I WILL KILL LG............

ajaymailed

In the zone
Exactly who decides the phones pricing & profit margins? if its Google who subsidizes, and pays for cost of making the phone to LG, then Google should decide on pricing in every country, not just play store in US.

kaz

right here
i guess this will cost no less than 30k in India :) expected to release by this months end

kaz

right here
I still can't get which this is priced so? google ain't looking for any profit from this ?

ujjwal007

Lost in games
ebay doing pre-orders imported from US...for 23.5k @ 8gb model might be a good deal :D
Google LG Nexus 4 | 8GB - Pre Order | eBay
good news :)

sayan8

Also bad news lg is planning to sale it @599 euros in europe.....
Imagine what would be the price in india

Top Bottom