Good news for Intel G965 Users who use integrated graphics

yesh1683

In the zone
-

Download Latest Drivers for Intel onboard G965 chipset which uses X3000

Latest Drivers

Windows XP 32 Bit
*downloadcenter.intel.com/download.aspx?url=/16954/a08/GFX_XP32_14.37.0.5009_PV_Intel.exe&DwnldId=16954&ProductID=2930&lang=eng

Windows Vista 32 Bit
*downloadcenter.intel.com/download.aspx?url=/16956/eng/GFX_Vista32_15.12.0.1599_PV_Intel.exe&DwnldId=16956&ProductID=2930&lang=eng

(The vista drivers are more Stable, the games that hang or restarts in XP are played well in VISTA)

These are some of the games I have personally ran on my G965 onboard

Crysis [@800 low settings]
Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare [@800 with mid to high with some eye candy on]
HellGate London [@800 mid to high]
Lost Planet Extreme Condion DX9 (updated version plays well at 640 @low)
Half Life 2 Episode 2 [@800 mid to high]
Clive Barkers Jericho [@800 medium settings]
Bioshock [@640 low to mid]
Need For Speed Pro Street [@800 with all settings mid with AA off and smoke off]
Gears Of War [@640 all settings low]
The CLUB (@800 all settings mid runs very well at 30 FPS)
RAINBOW SIX VEGAS 2 (640x480 @ low settings around 10 FPS in VISTA and around 15 FPS in XP Some verired problems explained in page 14)
GRID (640x480 all settings to low around 15 FPS)
Devil May Cry 4 Demo (640x480 @ low around 25 FPS)
Incredible Hulk (1024x768 @high settings around 20FPS)
FRONTLINES: Fuel Of War (800x600 @ Very Low around 15 FPS Still looks good)
Assassins Creed (@640 all low)
Medal Of Honour Air Bourne DEMO (default settings cant change resolution and settings in demo)
Kane & Lynch Dead Men Demo (800x600 @ low around 15 FPS)
Bionic Commando Rearmed (800x600 @ 25 FPS)
Crazy Machines 2 (1024x768 @ 15 FPS)
Crysis Warhead (800x600 all low around 10 to 15 FPS

Some Old games I Tested

Infernal
GRAW 1 & 2
GTR2
Project Snowblind
Painkiller
Collin McRally 2005
Rainbow Six Lockdown
NFS Carbon & Mostwanted
Chronicles of the Riddick escape butcher bay
CrashDay
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Just Cause
Test Drive Unlimited
Xpand Rally Xtreme
GTA San Andreas
Doom 3
Quake 4
Virtua Tennis 3 [only mini games are playable]
Devil may cry 3 Special edition
Call Of juarez
Brothers In Arms Earned in blood
Splinter Cell Double agent
Hitman Blodd money
FEAR [Benchmarks on **PAGE 5**]
Uber Soldier
Transformers the game
Serious Sam 2
Jade Empire
Driver 3
Harry Potter Order Of Phoenix
Pirates Of the Carrabian at Worlds End
OverLord
Ratatouille
FarCry with 1.4 Patch
Company Of Heros
Lost Planet DX9 Demo [The updated demo will play at 15 FPS @ low to medium]
Painkiller Overdose
F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate Demo
The Witcher Demo
Penumbra
Conflict Denied Oops
LOST
Quake Wars Enemy Territory

VISTA EXCLUSIVE GAMES (Both run Fine)
HALO 2
SHADOW RUN

GAMES TESTED BY OTHERS

Bully scholarship edition
dead space
Fallout 3
NFS-Undercover
Silent Hill Homecoming

PURE

GAMES THAT PLAY AT VERY LOW FPS (Under 5 FPS)
Death Track Resurrection Demo (640x480 everything low Very low FPS around 1 FPS)
Mercenaries 2 World in Flames (all low around 3 FPS)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky
(all low around 3 FPS)
Virtua Tennis 3 [Matches are played in slow motion, i mean low FPS]

Unfortunately These GAMES are NOT PLAYBLE

CMR DiRT [Just shows splash screen and exits]
Two world[Game starts but shows movies and but wen loading scene comes the PC restarts]
ARMA Armed Assault [Not playable PC restarts]
Lost Planet DX10 Demo [Non playable gives error]
Timeshift Demo [if i doubleclick the hour glass symbol comes for a while and nothing happens]
Soldier Of Fortune Payback [Shows a black screen and exits to desktop]

If anybody played other games post here with settings and post some screen shots if possible

NOTE: To play Medal Of Honor Airborne game U should edit some entries
Left click shortcut on desktop and click properties and in the target field put single space and then dxlevel 81 so ur target line should like below
"F:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Medal of Honor Airborne Demo\UnrealEngine3\Binaries\MOHADemo.exe" dxlevel 81
Thanx for
galakfryar for providing this tip

Last edited:
OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
Just Now tested NFS Carbon Demo itz also playable with my old drivers the game was not starting at all

and also tested TIMESHIFT demo (OLD ONE which they didnt released) it looks great and playable whitout any trouble

FINALLY,, Intel have won the Integrated grapihics war,,, I think:D?

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
This news does sound good. You mean to say that this driver is valid for DG965RY motherboard?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Wooohoooo.Finally these bums come up with a decent beta release which supports Hardware T&L support.Hope this gets the job done to run NOLF2.Been waiting for this like hell & have missed out on a lot of game because of it.:mad:

Just Now tested NFS Carbon Demo itz also playable with my old drivers the game was not starting at all
Thats strange I ran NFS carbon without any hitch on this motherboard with the stocked drivers included on the motherboard Disc.

BTW how did you go about installing them? Did you uninstall the older version from control pannel/Device manager or directly updated the current ones?

What other games did you test which previously did not work on your system & with this update it did?

I had several crashes owing to this problem.Which included the likes of Hitman Blood Money,NOLF2,Far Cry(graphical glitches),F.E.A.R,Resident Evil 4,Cold Fear & heck even Doom 3.

This news does sound good. You mean to say that this driver is valid for DG965RY motherboard?
Of course.I own the 965RY as well which is based on the 965 series having GMA X3000 onboard.This was an update which Intel had planned months ago but had got delayed a bit too long.

Last edited:
OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
phreak0utt said:
This driver is valid for all G965 based MBs even mobile version i mean laptop based on G965
All the motherboards having integrated X3000 graphics only

But GMA 3000 is not capable of hardware TnL Q963 Boards
ONLY GMA X3000 is capable of Hardware TnL G965 Boards

allwyndlima said:
BTW how did you go about installing them? Did you uninstall the older version from control pannel/Device manager or directly updated the current ones?

What other games did you test which previously did not work on your system & with this update it did?

I had several crashes owing to this problem.Which included the likes of Hitman Blood Money,NOLF2,Far Cry(graphical glitches),F.E.A.R,Resident Evil 4,Cold Fear & heck even Doom 3.

Of course.I own the 965RY as well which is based on the 965 series having GMA X3000 onboard.This was an update which Intel had planned months ago but had got delayed a bit too long.
I didnt uninstalled old drivers
Strangely If u start setup it will pop up message saying that
"the driver installed in system is newer than this" Do u want to install old drivers?"
I selected yes install anyway

I Tested the Game "PAINKILLER"
This game requires 100% 3d card capable of Hardware TnL
With old drivers the game poped up message saying hardware TnL card required
Now with beta drivers I played game at 1024x768 @ high settings without any problem that too very smooth @over 40 FPS

They listed
Elder Scrolls* IV: Obliviion as playable
Looking at this i guess all games will be playable

Still i will check many games and post the results here later
I will check these games

Hitman blood money
GRAW
INFERNAL
and many others

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^hey thanks for the update man.Will download this driver ASAP.The only thing bothering me was that when I had downloaded the latest drivers for Intel 965 earlier(not this version) it had several wierd issues wherein the response to the keys was very slow in all games.It was like I was tapping one key & the action would take place 2-3 secs later.I tried to remove those drivers & re-install my old ones but sadly nothing helped until a freh format.:(

This is the only reason I wanted to know how you went about installing these set of drivers.As soon as I get it will keep you updated with what games I tried out from my side as well.And oh yes Painkiller had shown(or rather is still showing;))me the same error.Hope the update works for most of the games. *fingers crossed*

Edburg

In the zone
can someone compare X3000 with AMD 690G and/or nvidia 6200....in performance in games....b/w does X3000 have h/w accelerated HD video playing....

And wasnt G965 released about a year ago when core 2 duo proccies were launched ??? And only now working TnL drivers and still beta......shhhhh...shame on u intel

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^well only partially better than it.I have seen quite a few games run a bit better than this chipset on the Nvidia 6100.If only these drivers had been released earlier then we would have known the true potential of this chipset.Till now most of the game that I have tested & have worked have been satisfactory with their frame rates.Will try this update & let you know if it's completely better than Nvidia's 6100 or not.

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
Here are the game updates Which i have tested

The Games which are completely playable with smooth framerates

Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter [800x600, medium seetings, dynamic shadows off]
INFERNAL [1024x768, very high settings]
JUST CAUSE [800x600, medium settings]

All games AA and AF are set to off all the games can b played at that settings very smoothly
You can set the graphics quality high and play but ocassionally frame rates drop

I was really surpriced with GRAW game it looks really good in fact slightly better than my frends XFXs 6600 card:shock: believe me its true

The results i saw in these games i Can compare that scores between nvidia 6600 and 6600GT [my frend has 6600 non GT & we tested same games at same settings, in some games x3000 has slightly better framerates eg GRAW, JUST CAUSE, [but not in all games]]
This will do even better job with final version of drivers

SADLY THESE ARE STILL NOT PLAYABLE NEXT VERSION DRIVERS WILL PLAY THESE GAMES

HITMAN BLOOD MONEY
SPLITER CELL DOUBLE AGENT

Both games will start and we can browse the main menu and set graphic options and all but if we start the new game the loading screen comes for a while and then PC restarts i tried graphics quality set to low at 640x480

GeekyBoy said:
Is it better than the onboard nVidia GeForce 6100 ?
Itz way better I think

allwyndlima said:
^well only partially better than it.I have seen quite a few games run a bit better than this chipset on the Nvidia 6100.If only these drivers had been released earlier then we would have known the true potential of this chipset.Till now most of the game that I have tested & have worked have been satisfactory with their frame rates.Will try this update & let you know if it's completely better than Nvidia's 6100 or not.
Well still you havent installed the drivers?

One Tip Do Not play the game at Default settings

If u choose defaults in graphic settings The game will take highest settings and AA and AF will b set to max {Well i think the game thinks it has 8800:rolleyes: }

Last edited:

Tanmay

Journeyman
Yep its great news. . .but still BETA ! ! GMA X3000 was launched like in Sept-Nov and still they're not done with Final Drivers. Intel totally sux in the Graphics Department !

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
yesh1683 said:
Well still you havent installed the drivers?
Yeah right on my crappy 48Kbps internet line I would probably choke myself.:D That's the reason I haven't downloaded it yet but have give the link to my friend who would get it done by tomorrow so will collect it from him once done.

Dam! Bloodmoney still does not run.CURSES! :mad:

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
s18000rpm said:
can you guys check for Test Drive Unlimited, CMR DiRT [demo], GTR2

Tested CMR DiRT and GTR2

GTR2 Is playable at high settings at 1024 resloution

But DiRT is not playable but the game starts and displays a splash screen as DiRT and exits
[DiRT game is actually cannot b played on even 6600:mad: it requires minimum 6800, on 6600 it does not even start it gives error]

My frend has Testdrive unlimited and i will check that tomorrow and let u know

Top Bottom