Getting tired of laptop; need a PC config under 20k (except Monitor, HDD, Keyboard, speakers, mouse)

Ciado

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
My laptop finally gave up. I salvaged the 2.5 inch ssd that I had installed in that laptop.
Coming to the point, I need a pc configuration given the following conditions:
1. Like I mentioned in the title, you may exclude Monitor, Keyboard, mice in addition to speakers. That is, only the components that come inside the cabinet, including the cabinet.
2. Budget is 20000.
3. No graphics card as well (for now).
4. Even though graphics card is to be excluded, I should be able to easily extend the build with a reasonably powerful graphics card in the near future.

Additional doubt: is it possible to attach my 2.5 inch laptop ssd to this configuration? The SDD is Samsung 750 evo 250 GB sata 3.

Questionnare
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
Mainly used for coding, running Android Studio, Adobe Photoshop, PDF reading. Planning to expand this to a gaming/multimedia rig within 6 months (I have some course work to do so deferred my gaming till that is dealt with).

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:
Rs 20,000 for Processor + MB + RAM + PSU + Cabinet + UPS.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:
Nope.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:
Ubuntu/Windows 10 Dual boot.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:
Planning to attach my 2.5'' SSD to the MB. (Possible?)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:
Yes I do. But not to be included in the budget that I mentioned. 22 inches / 1920x1080 resolution. Budget is 8K.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:
I have Keyboard/Mouse/Speakers.
I don't want Graphics card as of now. But I'd like my PC to have the provision to extend with a graphics card in the near (within 6 months) future.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:
This month.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:
I haven't built a desktop before, but am going to assemble this one. So a bit of advice on that front too will be appreciated.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:
I am planning to buy EVERYTHING online because local shops are ripoff.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans
Intel 7th generation processor is expected. But still, if you can suggest better with your experience, I'm open to those suggestions as well.
I prefer a sleek, not too fancy/bulky cabinet.

Last edited:
OP
Ciado

Ciado

What games are you going to play in this rig in future?
You can get only G4560 based config in this budget.
No serious gaming. Just some old games (Crysis 1,2,3 GTA 5). What if the budget can be a bit expanded? Can I fit in 7Gen i series processor then?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Pentium G4560 is not widely available now, if you can find one it's the cheapest you can go. But likely to overshoot your budget a little.

Assuming you won't be going for higher end card, 430w should be fine.
Pentium G4560
Gigabyte H110m S2PH
DDR4 4GB
Seasonic ECO 430w
Cabinet
600VA UPS (Most of us don't load 430w, so in practical point of view 600va will handle 430w PSU fine and I have used 600va and 450w. In theory, 430w PSU will need higher VA UPS).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
No serious gaming. Just some old games (Crysis 1,2,3 GTA 5). What if the budget can be a bit expanded? Can I fit in 7Gen i series processor then?
G4560 is almost same as i3 7100 but at half price. Crysis 3 is a heavy game, GTA 5 isn't old yet. A 1050Ti could run them at med settings for 1080p60. RX570 is out of the question because of low availability and inflated price.

If you would be extending your budget only for core i series proccy, it won't be worth it.

OP
Ciado

Ciado

Pentium G4560 is not widely available now, if you can find one it's the cheapest you can go. But likely to overshoot your budget a little.

Assuming you won't be going for higher end card, 430w should be fine.
Pentium G4560
Gigabyte H110m S2PH
DDR4 4GB
Seasonic ECO 430w
Cabinet
600VA UPS (Most of us don't load 430w, so in practical point of view 600va will handle 430w PSU fine and I have used 600va and 450w. In theory, 430w PSU will need higher VA UPS).
Pentium G4560 is 7th gen ryt? Will the given Motherboard support it (in Amazon it says the mobo supports 6th gen from Intel).

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Pentium G4560 is 7th gen ryt?
Will the given Motherboard support it (in Amazon it says the mobo supports 6th gen from Intel).
Yes, it's 7th.
Yes it's compatible. You can check official site if you're in doubt. In case the board you buy comes with older BIOS, you have to update. Better ask the seller before you buy, if it's old ask them to update for you.

OP
Ciado

Ciado

Yes, it's 7th.
Yes it's compatible. You can check official site if you're in doubt. In case the board you buy comes with older BIOS, you have to update. Better ask the seller before you buy, if it's old ask them to update for you.
As I am planning to buy everything online, I wont be able to ask sellers for update. So, is there an alternative 7th gen supporter mobo? Just to be safe.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
As I am planning to buy everything online, I wont be able to ask sellers for update. So, is there an alternative 7th gen supporter mobo? Just to be safe.
I have heard online seller update it for you. If not, just make sure the board you buy comes with the latest version.
Other options,
Go to nearest service center and update
If you have 6th gen processor, you can do it yourself or you can ask your friends/relatives who have 6th gen processor.

OP
Ciado

Ciado

Okay, so a friend of mine messaged me with the following config. The whole cost doesn't fit within the budget that I mentioned, nevertheless I need your opinion:

PSU: Corsair CX 430 (Rs 4999)
RAM: HyperX FURY Black 4GB 2133MHz DDR4 (Rs 2694)
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H Motherboard (Rs 7774)
Processor: Intel Core i3-7100 7th Gen LGA 1151 Processor (Rs 9196)
Monitor: BenQ GW2470H (24 inch) (Rs 9617)

Total: 24, 663(rest) + 9,167 (monitor)

vito scalleta

In the zone
Okay, so a friend of mine messaged me with the following config. The whole cost doesn't fit within the budget that I mentioned, nevertheless I need your opinion:

PSU: Corsair CX 430 (Rs 4999)
RAM: HyperX FURY Black 4GB 2133MHz DDR4 (Rs 2694)
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H Motherboard (Rs 7774)
Processor: Intel Core i3-7100 7th Gen LGA 1151 Processor (Rs 9196)
Monitor: BenQ GW2470H (24 inch) (Rs 9617)

Total: 24, 663(rest) + 9,167 (monitor)

The one sugessted by @nac is more sensiblet than your friend's
1. Pentium G4560 offers almost the performance of i3 7100 in gaming for half the cost.
2. You would need 8gb of Ram. Buy it as a single 8gb stick so that u can extend it to 16gb later on.
3. I believe seasonic eco is a better psu in terms of quality compared to the corsair's cx 430.
4. If you are going to be doing photoshop work it is recommended to buy a monitor with an IPS panel. BenQ GW2470H is VA panel.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
PSU: Corsair CX 430 (Rs 4999) - Seasonic is better, and this price you can even get S12 II 430w from seasonic.
RAM: HyperX FURY Black 4GB 2133MHz DDR4 (Rs 2694) - In this budget not a lot we can ask, so yeah it's good. You have 3 more slots left, you can add more when you have money.
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H Motherboard (Rs 7774) - Good
Processor: Intel Core i3-7100 7th Gen LGA 1151 Processor (Rs 9196) - Pentium lacks few instruction set, if that's a deal breaker for you can go for this one.
Monitor: BenQ GW2470H (24 inch) (Rs 9617) - For photo editing, it's better to go with IPS panel and for the same or lesser money, you can get Dell S2216H or LG22mp68vq.

And you have cabinet and UPS to add in this bundle.

PS: If you have any amazon coupons, okay go ahead. If not, better source from other online seller. You can save few bucks.

Top Bottom