Getting Late night missed Calls from weird numbers for past 2 Days

dan4u

Took Off!!!
It looks like the missed calls have resumed...

got a missed call at 10:30 from

+447937947161

& another one at 10:55pm from

+447937947156

How do i stop this??Should i call vodafone for this??
try telling vodafone about this, its definitely not a test call or any such thing. did you try calling back? I don't think its an international number, its probably a Satellite phone being used by scammers .

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^in the 90s prolly, not any more
find me one report where a sim actually got cloned, instead of service providers warning people of that happening... .seems to be another one of those sms rumours
pls dont link youtube videos and tutorials on how to do it, looking for indian news story where it has happened recently
oh ok found one... hmm... *in.news.yahoo.com/-clone--sms-baffles-cops.html still something fishy

Flash

Lost in speed
^ Is this like email forging? like sending from reliable organizationS?

I think, we can send messages from one's mobile numbers, by connecting via Bluetooth!

BLUEJACKING, i guess? :chinscratch:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^in the 90s prolly, not any more
find me one report where a sim actually got cloned, instead of service providers warning people of that happening... .seems to be another one of those sms rumours
pls dont link youtube videos and tutorials on how to do it, looking for indian news story where it has happened recently
oh ok found one... hmm... 'Clone' SMS baffles cops - Yahoo! News India still something fishy

There was a news I saw on TV of some post paid SIMs being cloned.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmm, would highly doubt it, unless you are in control of the sim. can say this just because of how easy it is for the service providers to replace lost sims, there are certain security measures from their side as well. think it takes several days of use for the cards to be cloned anyway, and suspicious of what economic use such an operation would have

found one that makes sense, so yeah, it does happen : The Hindu : New Delhi News : SIM card cloning case detected, 7 held but this is from 2005

Top Bottom