Gaming Rig for 60K

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ cilus

No buddy phenom 2 1090T doesn't beat the i5 760 but its the other way round. Intel cores are faster than amd clock per clock. The hexcore beats i5 in video encoding apps owing to more cores but the difference is not that much.
Check this

and this

In fact the i5 760 has received the best gaming processor accolade for $200 or more.
Refer this

The op can go for i7 8 series if we wants hyperthreading and it will beat the 1090t in all applications without increasing the mobo cost.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
@ cilus

No buddy phenom 2 1090T doesn't beat the i5 760 but its the other way round. Intel cores are faster than amd clock per clock. The hexcore beats i5 in video encoding apps owing to more cores but the difference is not that much.
Check this

and this

In fact the i5 760 has received the best gaming processor accolade for $200 or more.
Refer this

The op can go for i7 8 series if we wants hyperthreading and it will beat the 1090t in all applications without increasing the mobo cost.

• Core i7 is not a Good overclocker as phenom hexacore , phenom hexacore reaches 4Ghz easily with aircooler
  • Value for money MOBO+Processor with 20K
  • Phenom 2 1090T @ 4Ghz beats i7 950 in all applications except games & that too not in big difference
  • when u r playing games more than 1600 resolution there is no difference in processor which gives FPS , all CPU performs same only thing is it should not bottleneck .

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^
Can you justify your statement -"Core i7 is not a Good overclocker as phenom hexacore"

What i said is absolutely correct i.e 'Intel cores are faster than amd clock per clock'.
It is not at all advisable to oc any cpu beyond 4ghz with a stock cooler amd or intel. The extra heat generated will definitely shrink the transistor lifespan.

The phenom 2 x6 1090t can no way beat the i7 950 in any applications. And talk about oc if you oc the 950 to 4ghz it will decimate 1090T.

But i was not talking about bloomfield with op but lynnfield which is more vfm cause x58 chipset based boards are expensive.

Yes 1090T is quite VFM considering 880 or 890 based boards are cheaper , it can't be compared with i7 950 in terms of raw performance.

Check this and this .

@ deepakkumarb22

Buddy check this link and make your decisions according to your needs.

Last edited:

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
I7 950 has an upper hand here..nearly all of the benchmarks show a similar result..and even if u overclock the i7 to a 3.6 ghz it can beat a 4.0 ghz phenom 1090..

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
but the only point and the most valid is that i7 / 1336 is going to die.

i would definitely suggest to be sure that 950's successor is not coming bfore q2 2011.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Why the 1090T. One can take the 1055T to 3.8GHz without even touching the Voltage.
Genuine question not meant to be offensive. :)

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
but the only point and the most valid is that i7 / 1336 is going to die.

i would definitely suggest to be sure that 950's successor is not coming bfore q2 2011.

i7 series(atleast the nehalem one) is not gonna die..not 4 d nxt 1-2 year atleast..
Sandy bridge processors(Core i v2.0) will most probably release in Q1 2011 but as announced by intel only the medium range cards will be released at the time of launch..their K series(the high end ones) will release late in 2011..and even if they do it will not completely overshadow the i7 950..plus the new proccy + 1155 mobo will be costly..

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
^^
Can you justify your statement -"Core i7 is not a Good overclocker as phenom hexacore"

What i said is absolutely correct i.e 'Intel cores are faster than amd clock per clock'.
It is not at all advisable to oc any cpu beyond 4ghz with a stock cooler amd or intel. The extra heat generated will definitely shrink the transistor lifespan.

The phenom 2 x6 1090t can no way beat the i7 950 in any applications. And talk about oc if you oc the 950 to 4ghz it will decimate 1090T.

But i was not talking about bloomfield with op but lynnfield which is more vfm cause x58 chipset based boards are expensive.

Yes 1090T is quite VFM considering 880 or 890 based boards are cheaper , it can't be compared with i7 950 in terms of raw performance.

Check this and this .

@ deepakkumarb22

Buddy check this link and make your decisions according to your needs.

U need to understand the fact !

I always prefer AMD cause they are best value for money ! if u compare I say INTEL i7 980x is fast CPU right now , but i7 950 proccy + mobo = 30K

AMD phenom 1055t + mobo = 15K [ with stock cooler many of touched 3.5 to 3.6ghz ]

As for Overclocking - all processor can OC, but u cannot overclock I7 950 to higher with Stock or low End cooler !

Our India is economic/Budget minded country , what we have to see is only VALUES here .

If everyone needs fastest CPU then INTEL should only manufacture i7 980x

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i7 series(atleast the nehalem one) is not gonna die..not 4 d nxt 1-2 year atleast..

their successor will come by Q3-Q4 2011. so except 1yr lifeline for the i7 9** parts.

Sandy bridge processors(Core i v2.0) will most probably release in Q1 2011 but as announced by intel only the medium range cards will be released at the time of launch..their K series(the high end ones) will release late in 2011

where you found the K series to be highend? its simply like a Core i7 2600 processor with unlocked multiplier. nothing like highend.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
where you found the K series to be highend? its simply like a Core i7 2600 processor with unlocked multiplier. nothing like highend.

That's what i meant by high end..the other series cannot be unlocked and hence we will have to do away with stock speed...

And i7 9** series won't DIE that soon too...We still have many people playing games at good res on C2D setup and they don't have a prob...Even though Sandy Bridge has a new architecture it will still take time to kill i7 9**...

but i7 950 proccy + mobo = 30K

AMD phenom 1055t + mobo = 15K [ with stock cooler many of touched 3.5 to 3.6ghz ]

That's exactly the reason why users go with AMD coz they pack good performance with Awesome price..and i said good NOT best but that doesn't mean the 1090T isn't capable like its competitors...
But the fact here is OP wants a GAMING PC and you can't go wrong with an INTEL when it comes to gaming...It's performance is way better in gaming benchmarks...
So if you have a little extra go for Intel and if not then 1090T will be the best choice(it is future proof too:doublethumb:...)

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
U need to understand the fact !

I always prefer AMD cause they are best value for money ! if u compare I say INTEL i7 980x is fast CPU right now , but i7 950 proccy + mobo = 30K

As for Overclocking - all processor can OC, but u cannot overclock I7 950 to higher with Stock or low End cooler !

Our India is economic/Budget minded country , what we have to see is only VALUES here .

If everyone needs fastest CPU then INTEL should only manufacture i7 980x

I know that already. Sure amd is vfm compared to i7 as you get am3 + 880 at a lot less price than i7 + x58 but performance users will jump to intel bandwagon.

Thre guru3d benchmarks you've read shows an oc'ed 1090t against factory clocked i7's but an oc'ed i7 950 @4ghz will beat 1090t fair and square because each intel core is more efficient in executing tasks clock per clock compared to amd's thuban core.

And talk about oc again , its not at all advisable to oc 1090t with that stock amd cooler as with intel.You have to use an aftermarket cooler if oc is what you desire.

Even you see in that guru3d benchmarks the i7 860 beats the 1090t at stock speeds and an oc'ed i7 860 @4ghz will beat 1090t@ 4ghz.
I was referring this proccy to op cause i7 860 is much better in gaming compared to 1090t and lynnfield + p55 and talk about future proofing if i7/i5+p55 will be phased out so will am3+8 series cause bulldozer will be its successor as sandybridge will replace lynnfield.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
also i dont know why everybody keeps on comparing x58 mobos with 880g ones for the only reason of usb3 and sata3 neglecting the performance!! the amd high end counterpart 890fx also costs above 10k.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yes but intel doesn't even give an option to put its i7 9series in cheaper boards such as p55 an x58 is a must have. But in the other hand amd has cheaper chipsets and all its proccy's are compatible.

But that is another story, here the op needs a good gaming pc and i7 860 +p55 will be better option for him.Even the i5 760 is a great gaming cpu and is highly overclocable.
The 1090t + 880 also makes sense and gives a good platform to build on but talk about pure performance, it lags the i7.

ssb1551

Technomancer
like Cilus n some others pointed out cost of i7+MoBo = 30k but X6+MoBo = 20k!!No 1 is arguin abt i7 prowess but OP can save tht 10k n invest in a better GPU coz afterall games need a good GPU.
So lets end this long debated discussion n wait to hear wat OP thinks!!:D

Top Bottom